Eric Bledsoe loses his mentor in L.A.

The man that Eric Bledsoe has called a mentor in Los Angeles has been dealt to the Cleveland Cavs, leaving Bledsoe to get s— right on his own now. The Clippers have agreed in principle to trade Baron Davis and a 2011 first round draft pick to Cleveland for Mo Williams and Jomario Moon. The trade doesn’t have quite the blockbuster impact of ‘Melo to the Knicks or Deron Williams to the Nets, but it means a lot to our man Eric Bledsoe who is still developing his game in Los Angeles.

“He keeps me fired up for each game, but at the same time tells me to pace myself because it’s such a long season,” said Bledsoe, earlier this year. “He’s the kind of leader that’s always in your ear. It really does help you.”

Bledsoe has called Baron Davis his big brother and mentor since Day 1 in L.A.  “He’s going to try to make me become the great point guard that he was,” he said.

Mo Williams, a score-first type of a player, will now be the starting point guard for the Clippers.  He’s a great player and he’ll provide a spark to the Clippers offense, but he can’t provide the leadership and advise that Baron Davis could.

You’re on your own now, Eric.  Just remember – when all else fails, close your eyes and throw it up to Blake Griffin.

Article written by Drew Franklin

14 Comments for Eric Bledsoe loses his mentor in L.A.

1. MillerMan
    12:06 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

Hey Drew, in case you’ve ever watched Baron Davis play you’d know he’s the biggest waste of talent in the NBA and the last person in the world I would want grooming my young PG.

If Bledsoe truly listened to Davis you can expect Eric to be one of the biggest slackers in the NBA for years to come.

2. PhysicalPhil
    12:06 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

Let Mo Williams provide scoring off the bench and start the Bledshow. Duh

3. PhysicalPhil
    12:10 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

Hmm. The Bledshow and the Blakeshow. Sounds like a good combo to me.

4. Drew Franklin
    12:11 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

But Baron Davis drives a Kia!

5. Jared Long
    12:20 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

The only thing Baron Davis can advise anyone on is how to get a fat contract then physically get fat. Eric Davis is better off without that guy. He may weight 3 bills by the end of the season in Cleveland.

6. Jared Long
    12:23 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

Correction from above post, I meant Eric Bledsoe and Baron Davis will weight 3 bills.

7. symphonist
    12:26 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

While I loved last year’s team & wish them all well, I wish KSR & Aaron’s blog would quit wasting space on their respective sites about FORMER Cats. I don’t blame them a bit for going pro after one year but they’re outta here now. The energies & focus of Cat fans & followers should be CURRENT & FUTURE players wearing thhe KY blue & white, not NBA players. This site is KENTUCKY Sports Radio, NOT CLippers or Wizards or Rockets etc. Sports Radio. MOVE ON!!!

8. Anonymous Ted Danson
    12:29 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

#7 – You are an idiot. Eric Bledsoe (along with all UK alum) is and will always be Kentucky Sports. Period.

9. Drew Franklin
    12:31 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

7. – I like Eric Bledsoe more than everyone on this year’s team combined.

10. symphonist
    12:35 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

To #8 – Try looking up what “alum” actually means.
    To #9 – It has nothing to do with like or dislike, just the name on the front of their CURRENT jerseys.

11. Drew Franklin
    12:38 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

10. – Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb don’t even know what the front of their jerseys say.

12. ClintHedges.com
    12:43 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

7-You couldn’t be further from the truth! Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat! If you want to only support CURRENT kids on your team, Louisville has plenty of room for that in their fanbase. Or just go over to CatsPause for the redundancy of their posts about current guys.

13. Eli
    4:06 pm February 24, 2011 Permalink

You can always count on the Clippers to make bizarre, one-sided trades. Even when they do get a benefit, they ruin it eventually.

14. symphonist
    9:38 am February 25, 2011 Permalink

Shoulda coulda woulda; they’re gone, get over it & move on by supporting current & future Cats, not looking back wishing guys in the NBA were still Cats. I wish them well but couldn’t care less about the NBA.