Episode 2 of “The Rivalry”

WHAS has another great edition of “The Rivalry”…counting down to Kentucky versus Louisville…really good stuff here. Watch it

Article written by Matt Jones

23 Comments for Episode 2 of “The Rivalry”

1. BigBlueJim
    1:47 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

When you look at wins over Kansas and UNC vs the home schedule of Loserville, there’s no contest! Go CATS!! first

2. Designated Drinker
    1:49 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

Rivry:
    Noun:
    Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.
    Synonyms:
    competition – emulation – contest – contention

Problem is Louisville isn’t competition. No matter how those liberal salesman, not reporters, try to sell you at WHAS. Kentucky holds the all time lead 28-14 or 2-1. I will take those odds on any sports betting. Play dramatic music behind highlights of big HOME wins against average teams Vandy, Memphis and WKU all you want. Their still Little Brother and always will be. Don’t bring Trainers next week Rick, bring the coroner. And don’t let Boeheim do your scheduling anymore….play a road game before December 31. Go Big Blue and Merry Christmas.

3. Reality Check
    1:55 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

#1 Your Strength of Schedule is weak.

Pomeroy says Kentucky 208, U of L 245.

Sagarin says Louisville 217, UK 295.

RPI says Louisville 83, UK 147

4. The Big Dog
    2:08 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

I will admit tht I am no fan of the parade of dogs that have played in Rupp (except UNC). However, at least UK has cashed in some frequent flyer miles as oppose to Loserville that can’t seem to find its way out of the Grease Pit. We have at least played tow ranked teams. Having said that, I wish we could find some better teams that would not require a home-and-home or perhaps would agree to to 2 for 1.

5. Designated Driver for Drinker
    2:09 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

I get what you’re saying… but Louisville is a good team this year. They are no UK, but I do expect a pretty close game December 31st.

Merry Christmas.

6. BigBrother
    2:38 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

UNC and Kansas are far better than ANY team UL has played! Memphis is garbage, it took them overtime to beat a Vandy team without their best player and last night night we all saw a lousy WK team nearly beat them on their home court. Not to mention the chicken sh:t approach of Fiftino for not leaving the Yum Center as even Dickie V blasted him asking if there were any airports in Louisville because UL never leaves the Yum Center. This will be a huge reality check for the Cards and they will fold like a cheap tent. If UK loses to UL, then we simply aren’t that good because this is the most overrated UL team I have ever seen and there is no comparison in talent and we are home. Actually I will disappointed if we don’t win by double figures because that’s how much of a difference I think there is in talent and who has truly been tested thus far vs. who has not.

7. BigEvan
    2:39 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

Plan on a close game with UK pulling out the win at the end

8. BigBrother
    2:44 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

Hey #7, thats what was said last year and we won by 15 at the Yum Center. We have heard this same crap from UL fans since Calipari has been at UK and every year UK wins and wins comfortably and covers the spread. I’m not worried at all, not even a little.

9. Blake
    3:36 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

we really need TJ back and for him to have a big game

10. nassau65
    3:37 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

i hope UL isn’t “over-rated” the same way IU was. seriously, i guess we’ll see a week from today.
    And i say that because i was one who thought IU would pose no problems.
    Go Cats!!!!!!!

11. nassau65
    4:09 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

8. i hope you’re right.

12. Mr. Blonde
    6:59 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

I hate Louisville, first off it’s Louisville, and I just hate ’em. They’re low down, they’re dirty, they’re snitches. I hate Rick Pitino, I hate their colors. I’m not a dog person. I just hate Louisville man. I hate the KFC YUM! Center, it looks like half of an airport. I hate all their point guards. I just hate Louisville man…….I just really don’t like Louisville man, I can’t stress that enough man. They’re losers, they’re sore losers because they’re not Kentucky. I hate Louisville man, I can’t stress that enough….

13. Mr. Blonde
    7:00 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

Take out ‘dog’ and insert ‘bird’ in above comment.

14. SEXtinoisSatan
    8:32 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

Cats will win by 40, their is NO way the tards can keep it with in 40

15. bigbluecats
    8:36 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

Hey #3. Why dont you do a comparison of non-confrence sos. The only reason ULs is ranking slightly higher is because it takes into account the Big East. Which I will admit is usually better when u consider overall. And u know why that is. Its because the whole Big Easy does the same as UL. They schedule as many cupcakes as possible so they have a better chance of staying in the top 25 until confrence play. Ur right UL fans need a reality check. Pitino has u people brainwashed. Thats why UL was making this same argument last year and look what happened in round one of the tourney. So u and all the other Loserville fans do ur selves a big favor and think before u speek

16. bmt22033
    8:50 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

14 – do you seriously believe that? There’s no way UK will win by 40+ points. And I’m a UK alum and *HUGE* fan! Coach Cal is right 99% of the time when he says that we’re everybody’s Super Bowl. Teams always bring their best when they play us. UL is most definitely not the fourth best team in the country but you can bet that they’ll bring everything they possibly can when they come into Rupp. They know they’re the underdog and after losing to UK at *home* last year, they’ll be ready to play. If Kentucky plays like they’re capable of playing, then I can see them winning by 12 – 15. If not, it could be a LOT closer than that. I just hope that the game doesn’t start off like it did two years ago with Wall, Cousins, etc. when there were something like six fouls (including a couple of technicals) in the first two or three minutes of the game. With 18 players on the bench, UL can sub in guys left and right to take cheap shots at UK players. If we lose one of our starters to an injury, the list of replacements is very, very short. And while I’m not suggesting that the UL coaching staff would “officially” condone that behavior, I can absolutely see it happening.

17. yarg
    9:27 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

It’s weird watching Jones go off during the big games UK had early on. Maybe Cal needs to let him do his swagger thing to pump himself up if that’s what it takes to get him fired. Some guys just thrive on intimidation.

18. Helvete
    9:35 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

16 – You’re right about the possible spread but considering where things are right now and the fact that Loserville will throw everything but the kitchen sink at Davis I think the game will be decided by 7 points or fewer. If TJ comes out and plays like a beast then the 12 – 15 you stated is right on.

19. realisticUKfan
    10:31 pm December 24, 2011 Permalink

I expect about a 7 point UK win. Think about it UofL will come in fired up and play very well most likely shooting it well. UK is their Super Bowl (Coach talk). As far as the IU game goes we got out played that night, it happens on the road in college basketball sometimes. I honestly believe we are about ten points better than Louisville, with that being said the best team doesn’t always win. We will have to play well to beat Louisville New Year’s Eve. I believe we will…GO CATS!!

20. SagaciousMind
    3:25 am December 25, 2011 Permalink

Louisville will stick around at times, but UK will win this game easily. Jones will be back and these guys will be well rested up ready to make a statement. Not even worried! Go Cats!

21. InternationalPhilosophy
    12:52 pm December 25, 2011 Permalink

I already took out the dog and I’m not about to insert a bird anywhere.
    Merry xmas!

22. CardHater
    9:11 pm December 25, 2011 Permalink

Does Lil Brother have an airport…because they cannot seem to leave Loserville for a game…SEXtino and his Red Pigeons are in for a real treat on Saturday…Jones will be fully healed and Davis will erase Ding Dong…