Entirety of the Mark Stoops Introductory Press Conference

Article written by Matt Jones

19 Comments for Entirety of the Mark Stoops Introductory Press Conference

1. bgblue
    9:09 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

I watched all the videos at ukatheletics.com for his introduction and media Q&A. I started to tear up because I felt I can have a hope now. Welcome to BBN, Coach Stoops.

2. Joe
    9:17 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Ha ha, Loserville is already crying about having to play Florida in the Sugar Bowl. They wanted to play Florida State in the Orange Bowl. Get ready for an SEC ass whipping boys!

3. PattyIce
    9:20 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

We see you Matt Jones asking the first question.

4. lawnorder
    9:29 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

It would have been better if Tubby Smith was there.
    If Coach Cal could not have been there, at least
    Tubby Smith should have been there. You can
    just never have enough Tubby Smith.

5. Charlie Stong
    9:31 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Yo man, that hat is too small for your big ole forehead!

6. cat nasty
    9:56 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

I don’t know about you guys but I am glad he DIDN’T tour the football facility before he took the job..Well played Mitch..

7. Cayuts8
    10:15 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

he is a nervous nelly. deservedly so. think of how fast these opportunities arise and then the whirlwind of accepting, announcing, and beginning your career somewhere youve never even visited. That all being said, i think he should be coaching with FSU in their bowl game because he was hired to do so. Anyone know how coaches get out of having to coach the last game where they are currently hired?

8. ukfan
    10:49 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

7. i think it was a buy ouy.. if UK paid whatever was left on his contract then he becomes theirs. i could be wrong though.

9. SEC
    11:07 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Don’t get too hyped people. Best we can hope for EVER is a 5 game losing season. Don’t forget we are in the SEC. Hope Stoops can do something within 3 yrs cause if he don’t hes out same as Joker. UK Football coaching job is a career killer!!

10. Dr. Tom
    12:36 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

Well I think Coach Stoops passed his first press conference just fine. Hopefully in the future we will fondly look back on this day and remember how impressive this young up-and-comer conducted himself the first day on the job at UK.

11. Yep
    1:39 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

Thank for posting this, I missed it today. I am really excited about UK football, What I like about him is he seems like isn’t going to feed people a bunch of crap, he is straight to the point and knows what he plans on doing, I hope the fans supports him and the team and think positive, I really believe he can get UK football going in the right direction.

12. PrickGabrial'sego
    3:18 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

I wishitwerent true….I’ve got to go on another show and talk….again…I’m above petty blatherschite?(I have no idea I’m playing s character here). I shall speakethm my Mind!…even if no one listens….to my show……or me….please take the bigblueinsider into your hearts….I’ve got other jobs so if you don’t love me UK I’ll be alright…(Dream Mode) …. wish I had a hit show….I’d show them

13. PrickGabrial'sego
    3:21 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

Out of all the questions…………Mine was the best….

14. Mark
    3:30 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

Is it just me or does this guy kinda sound like Obama?

15. fish on
    7:09 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

just watched and i’m very impressed by coach. young, confident, intelligent, witty. fresh air is blowing thru the fball program. even made me pump my fist a few times.
    i live in florida and have some friends who are big FSU fans and they just love coach Stoops and tell me i should be excited that he’s our new coach. and that presser did win me over

16. OK! I'm SOLD!
    7:41 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

I like that his answers and manner are very deliberate. He is a serious guy. Impressive interview responses. GO COACH STOOPS!!! GO CATS!!!

17. JJ
    8:41 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

Does anyone else think UK should bring back Joker as WR’s Coach? lol

18. CTheTerminatorK
    9:17 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

From what I heard Neal Brown will be th OC Mike Summers remains the OLC , FSU DB Coach Eillott to be DC , and BOTH Jarmon and Woodson to stay on in thire respective roles i also heard stoops has his sites on turning witlow into a WR and run him in a wildcat package , thrus making Maxwell the starter and Towells the back up . JUST WHAT I’VE HEARD PLEASE DON’T SHOOT ME , GO CATS

19. Bob Loblaw
    9:38 am December 3, 2012 Permalink

Matt starting out the Q&A with a Jerry Tipton question.