Elvis’ Buddies Need a Reminder that KSR is at Wildhorse Saloon Tomorrow

2013-03-14_17-12-33_557

Who’s that with Elvis? Roger Laws, a lifelong Kentucky, who also loves KSR. In fact, I bet he wants to know where the radio show is tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow morning, KSR will be LIVE form Wildhorse Saloon on 2nd Avenue in downtown Nashville. The show begins at 9 a.m. central time, so come early to get a good seat and mingle with the rest of the Big Blue Nation. Matt, Ryan and Drew will be on the air taking your calls and predictions for the night’s game against what appears to be Vanderbilt. I’ll be in the corner, awkwardly typing and taking pictures to post on the site.

See you then.

9 Comments for Elvis’ Buddies Need a Reminder that KSR is at Wildhorse Saloon Tomorrow

1. MRW_BBN
    10:00 pm March 14, 2013 Permalink

Wish I was there!!!!

2. Ridge Runner
    10:00 pm March 14, 2013 Permalink

Wife’s family lives in northern ky. I may have to try and visit ole Roger next time I’m up there and check out the barn.

3. UKLynn
    10:10 pm March 14, 2013 Permalink

I know Roger. He is a super nice guy and an even bigger Kentucky fan!!

4. Ridge Runner
    10:13 pm March 14, 2013 Permalink

3, ya think he would let another uk fan check out his barn? Sounds really cool.

5. RyanLemondFanClubPresident
    10:50 pm March 14, 2013 Permalink

Roger and his family are great people. And his barn is incredible — both floors of it. Some of the stories he shares on how he has acquired the memorabilia is just as cool as the piece itself.

6. Ridge Runner
    11:00 pm March 14, 2013 Permalink

Well heck, I know it’s a bit weird for a stranger to check out another strangers barn (ha, especially this day and time). Gotcha on that. But I live in Georgia and my wife’s family lives in Latonia. Not that far from Villa Hills for sure. Won’t be hard to find his barn and I may ring his door bell one afternoon to see if he is home, introduce myself. Heck, I’ll throw in a donation. I just think things like this is really awesome.

7. twnky
    6:34 am March 15, 2013 Permalink

I also know Roger and he is a great guy and a HUGE UK fan. His barn is an amazing spot for any UK fan to see. Its to the point where he could charge money for people to get in. Everytime I have been in there I have spent more than an hour in the place. Hell he even has a Shawn Kemp jersey from UK. His collection is one that i would put up aginst any other anywhere. Matt you need to get in touch with this guy just to check this place out!

8. KSRgraduateschool
    9:06 am March 15, 2013 Permalink

I worked for Roger’s landscaping co for 7 years, and can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, he is the biggest UK fan in the world. He’s been to every SEC Tourney, NCAA Tourney, Final 4, and every holiday Tourney in between for the last 20 years or so. The infamous barn has a giant wildcat mural on the side, and contains about half of the UK memorabilia from the UK HOF museum auction that occured after it closed in Rupp. If you see him, ask him how he finally got his Eddie Sutton signature to complete his UK coaches autographed ball collection. The story will give you some insight into just how “crazy” this fan is.

9. dabarn
    10:21 am March 15, 2013 Permalink

I’ve had the pleasure of visiting the barn on multiple occasions and it it truly is incredible. You could spend hours in there. My favorite story (favorite but sad) is the twin towers poster with Melvin and Sam towering over the World Trade Center. Roger was supposed to meet Melvin for a signature a few days before he took his life, but had to cancel for some reason.