Elisha Justice Transferring to UPIKE

Early into Calipari’s term at Kentucky, he found himself in a position to try and convince the KHSAA state champion to join the Wildcats as a walk-on (or scholarship player if they all weren’t filled).  That kid and former Mr. Basketball was Elisha Justice, who at the time was committed to Rick Pitino and the Louisville Cardinals in the infamous ‘preferred walk-on’ position.

Today, we learn that Pike County/Shelby Valley product Elisha Justice will transfer home to UPIKE (formerly Pikeville College).  Justice leaves behind 2 full years of college at UofL in order to be closer to family for his junior and senior years.

Elisha is a close family friend – my uncle coached him in AAU and high school ball since around the age of 10 or 11.  I was lucky enough to watch this kid progress and succeed at every level.  I’m really happy he got to see a Final Four as a player and wish him the best of luck.  I’ve been hearing rumors all year about him heading home after this season, and I think it will be for the best.  He will see a lot more playing time and he needs to be closer to his family at this time.  He has always been one of my favorite players to watch.  (And thanks to KSR, he was named the ‘hottest male athlete in the world’ at one point.)

As much as I would have loved to have seen him in blue, I understood his decision to stick to a commitment to Pitino and his hopes of building the connections and guidance necessary to go into a coaching career after school.  Hopefully he has made the proper strides and can get where he wants to go once his days as a player are over.

Card Chronicle posted this Facebook update from Russ Smith as proof (I’ve heard transfer rumors about Russ, as well, but he seems happy after that Final Four run)

Best of luck to you, Elisha.  I’ll still be cheering for him.  Hope he brings another NAIA national championship to Pikeville.

Article written by Chris Thomas

36 Comments for Elisha Justice Transferring to UPIKE

1. SexnNursinHomes
    5:34 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

Ha! ul thought they had them something special. The shot of the “Bullet” turned out to be a “Blank”. Hey ul, all talk no bang.

2. Money
    5:38 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

Some of you ppl writing these articles just dont make sense. Why would you want him at UK when he couldnt make it at UofL? I want the best of the best. Not some kid just because hes white and from KY.

3. Rick B.
    5:38 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

I think there are so many things going on at the University of Louisville right now.

1. Stadium still new
    2. Arena still new.
    3. Celebrating a Final Four
    4. Celebrating a 12-0 victory over Uk in baseball
    5. Welcoming new Big East members
    6. Ranked in the top 3 basketball.
    7. Picked to win the Big East in Football.

Not to mention the City gearing up for the Derby and Thunder… I LOVE LIVING IN LOUISVILLE! L1C4!

4. Frosted One
    5:44 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

He looks manly.

5. TampaCat - never a tard
    5:49 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

3. I see you are still enjoying the CATS best chat site and forum. What’s wrong, no news in Louisville?

6. ktmiln2
    5:52 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

3. Does it bother you that no matter your basketball ranking, you’ll always be #2 in the state?

7. Booyakasha!
    6:00 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

I guess we finally found out that Jarrod Polson was the real D-1 player between them.

8. Kelly J
    6:05 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

1. Stadium still new
    2. Arena still new.
    3. Celebrating a Final Four
    4. Celebrating a 12-0 victory over Uk in baseball
    5. Welcoming new Big East members
    6. Ranked in the top 3 basketball.
    7. Picked to win the Big East in Football.

And…
    8. Lost to UK in the biggest Dream Game.
    9. Out recruited again by Big Brother.
    10. Still ranked behind UK.
    11. Best teams are leaving the big east for a better conference.
    12. Quicky Ricky hasn’t paid for any obortions or been caught with pants down in the past year.

Doesn’t it feel so good???

9. the Big Dog
    6:08 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

#3- Welcome to the new Metro/Conf USA. Have fun.

10. Mountain In My Blood
    6:09 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

We always come back. The last boy from Eastern Kentucky to stick it out for four years away from home was Larry Pursiful. You can take the boy out of the mountains but they run back as fast as they can. Welcome back to Pike Mr. Justice

11. Tmo
    6:10 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

7. Get out of here Polson is as much garbage as Justice neither of them belong in D1. Just goes to show how overrated they both are Polson especially, he actually thinks he belongs at UK.

12. nky
    6:10 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

i will never root for him or wish him well. he CHOSE to side with the enemy and play for them. he is forever dead to me, just like pitino

13. @8
    6:13 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

LOL @ Obortions

14. blitzedanddazed
    6:14 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

Justice made a good decision. The stench that is U of L / Rick Pitino probably made the kid sick over the past two years.

15. @12
    6:14 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

i would bet that you will regret that, polson will be a nice player this year and next, i say he gets more than just garbage time

16. @12
    6:15 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

sorry i meant @11 lol

17. Booyakasha!
    6:15 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

12 speaks the truth.

18. Kelly J
    6:22 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

*abortions

19. Rick B.
    6:27 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

I love living in Louisville. I love even more, coming onto a UK site!

20. nassau65
    6:27 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

they gonna make a plaque for his homecoming?
    sorry, couldn’t help myself.

21. Rick B.
    6:28 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

Arena still new. And a new arena makes me hard!

22. Rick B.
    6:29 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

I really love going to another team’s site more than any thing!

23. source it

5. Celebrating 31,536,000 seconds of a national championship
    6. Ranked #1 in college basketball
    7. Cal has a book as well
    8. We’re just celebrating
    9. New banner in Rupp Arena
    10. 8 banners working on 9 and a lot to show

So see it’s pretty simple we are the best that there is, the best that there was and the best there ever will be.

GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

26. FlySoup
    6:38 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

looks like a fag

27. @ #11
    6:57 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

Fu$$ you

28. Mudcreekmark
    7:02 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

Justice actually was getting some pretty decent playing time his freshman year. I think Russ Smith talking about transferring forced Pitino to start playing him ahead of Justice and here we are. The kid can play the game. He took a small school from the mountains and won a state championship. None of the other kids on that team are in D-1 and only a couple of them even played NAIA. I would have loved to have had him on our team but we waited too late. You can hate him because he accepted an opportunity that Pitino gave him but you cannot fault him for sticking with his committment to UofL.

29. Ricky B. Says
    7:07 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

Hey take it easy guys. I ain’t hating on UK fans. You guys won a NCAA championship, that is really awesome. I am glad for the state. Your baseball team is good. Your talking about doing something with your arena. Keeneland is fun this time of year. I’m just saying that I enjoy living in Louisville and a lot of good thing are poppin right now. Here is what we should do:

1. Keep the positivity displayed after the Final Four.
    2. Let’s keep the rivalry above UNC/Duke.
    3. Let’s keep our hatred focused towards tobacco road.
    4. This is the new mecca for College Sports in Bourban Country.

L1C4 Big Ups to 2012 cats! The Tobacco Road stinks!

30. BravoBigBlue
    8:50 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

29 – Take your Pu As back to card chronicle. I hate the Louisville Cardinals and I hate living in Louisville.

31. duhville cat
    8:57 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

29) CSB4!

32. Ricky B
    9:25 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

30 – Sorry to hear that. Maybe one day you’ll find a place you can live that you don’t hate. Is it b/c this is the only place in Kentucky that you can really find a good job? I know a lot of my UK friends have that problem. They hate Louisville, but it is the only place they can live and work. Cheer up maybe Lexington will see a boost in its economy with the new arena they are building.

31 – Bwhahahahahahahahahaha.

33. PikeCountyFan
    10:18 pm April 14, 2012 Permalink

This kid can play..lit Miller Grove HS up and they had numerous D-1 kids. The kid is a great kid very involved in his church and one of the hardest working kids you have ever seen in ur life. I love Polson, he can play. But Elisha outplayed him in the state tourney and woulda loved to have him in blue and white with Brian Long or Same Malones spot.

34. Eastern Kentucky Basketball
    3:02 am April 15, 2012 Permalink

…..sad day. It’s like Jody Thompson all over again.

35. Scotty
    3:51 am April 15, 2012 Permalink

I can finally got back to hating UL 100% of the time instead of 99.99%!! I had to hope for a friend in Elisha to do well! I am a UK wildcat 1st but a Shelby Valley High School Wildcat 2nd!

36. Dane Brammage
    9:03 am April 15, 2012 Permalink

I feels sorry for the kid.
    One bad decision after another.
    Pitino used him like Charmin.