Our buddy Kenny Owens found out that Drew Franklin was harboring a little secret and made your favorite blogger the first person to ever be the fan of the day six times in a single setting. And, before offer your feedback, I’m going with 4,2,5,6,1,3.
A few notes…
– UK had their regular day-before-the-game media session with Coach Cal this afternoon and UK’s head man declined when asked to comment on the Kanter situation. It’s not much of a change in operation as Cal hasn’t really said much outside of his insinuation a few weeks ago that something could come soon, but he did again reiterate one of his few comments on the Turkish big man’s case. Cal again said that if Kanter was ruled ineligible and the family decided to sue, he would support that, but made it clear that he doesn’t want it to come to that. It’s still tough to see what the grounds for that lawsuit would be, but it appears the possibility is still there.
– Cal also continued the theme of this week’s media sessions of challenging each player to grow their game. He said that he’s working with Hood, Polson, Vargas and Poole individually as he searches for that extra one or two guys to expand the depth. He also noted that he wants Doron Lamb to find more fire on the court, especially in rebounding. On the subject of Terrence Jones, Cal said that he still wants him to play with more emotion, but his play is the least of the their worries right now.
– The brief session also acknowledged the growing practice villain: The Treadmill. Calipari said that it’s not just Terrence Jones who is hitting the exercise equipment when his effort slips. Darius Miller and Eloy Vargas have had their chance to “be George Jetson” as Cal said, which is particularly amusing in the case of his boy Eloy. The set the dial at 16 miles per hour for 30 seconds if you want to try it at home.
– Interesting note on the bowl game: For all they hype we are hearing about Pitt’s running game, UK actually has more yards per game, yards per carry and touchdowns. But, they aren’t playing our defense, so that’s probably why Pitt’s ground game is getting love.
– In case you missed today’s radio show, here it is. They talked about sports and stuff.