Drew Barker will announce his decision on Friday, May 10th

drew-barker

He’s hinted about it all week, and finally, we know when Drew Barker will announce his college decision. The #1 player in the state of Kentucky tweeted that he will announce his college commitment on Friday, May 10th at the Conner High School auditorium at approximately 3:30 p.m. According to the talented QB, everyone’s invited.

Come and down and be a hero, Drew.

33 Comments for Drew Barker will announce his decision on Friday, May 10th

1. Brad
    2:59 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

He’s a CAT

2. Ville Cat
    3:04 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

I’m hearing transfer request to the coaching staff shortly after he becomes a CAT!!

3. Bowling Green's Hot Rod
    3:08 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Might be a stretch, but the fact that everyone’s invited is a good sign, I think.

4. SexnNursinHomes
    3:09 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Is it a BYOB event?

5. Hope
    3:11 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

#3 – I hope so too. The 24/7 crystal ball has him 71% going to SC. Hope they are wrong! He could be a big time hero if he becomes a Cat!

6. Mr Right
    3:19 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

I got a friend who used to sleep w a girl who is friends w his mothers best friends baby daddy and ive been told Barker will be attending Univ of Wisconsin,wait for it, Green Bay on a art scholarship, u heard it hear first

7. Chris
    3:21 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Well, Ohio State offered three QB’s today…none of which were Barker.

HE’S GOING TO BE A CAT!

8. greginky
    3:23 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

I have a question. Who and when was the last time the top football player in the state went to UK?

9. Teachable Mo'
    3:23 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

I’ll announce soon when I’ll let you all know whether or not I’ll have pepperoni or Italian sausage on my pizza tonight.

10. Honky Kong
    3:29 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Stoops is’nt going to let Darth Visor steal this kid away !

11. epps2shep
    3:37 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

greginky, Micah Johnson? Just a guess. He was an Army All-American.

12. Trey1
    3:37 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Fleming county sweatsuit guy told me he’s a wildcat

13. Scooby
    3:41 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

He is a cat…will start the dominoes that will result in committments from Berrios and Keif…both Rivals top 250 players.

His committment moves UK from 20th to almost 12th in team rankings. With an average star rating of nearly 3.7

14. Mc
    3:41 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

#8) Towles?

15. ugg
    3:42 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Wasn’t Jason Hatcher considered the top in the state? Or was Quick?

16. Mc
    3:44 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

#15) Quick was Mr. Football I think. Towles the year before.

17. Nerlens
    3:50 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

5 – I think the decision is between UK and South Carolina. I know there is a lot to like about both schools, but Spurrier could easily retire in the next 1-2 years.

Some may counter that Neil Brown could be a head coach in 1-2 years, but even if that happened I don’t think UK would adopt a completely new offense.

18. Billy Mac
    3:52 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

What if Wiggins and Barker both announce on the same day. Wouldn’t it be great if they announce UK!

19. UKfanNKY
    4:06 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

# 17 you are right between SC and the CATS! My Nephew Graduates this year and has played football with him over the years @ Conner I have seen this Kid play and he is for real!! The best thing the CATS have going for them right now is that Cameron Fogle his number 1 recv. over the years @ Conner is committed to play football for the CATS and let me tell you this Fogle Kid has flown under the radar cause he is a hell of an athlete and quick as lightning!! I can hear it now Barker to Fogle TOUCHDOWWWWWWNNNNNNN KENTUCKY!!! GO CATS!!!

20. Gmoney
    4:10 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

USC… And yes I hate it…

G

21. Plainclothes Man
    4:11 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

6- hahahaha
    8- that would be towles. before that, i don’t know. you might have to go all the way back to micah johnson. but the last was towles.

22. Yep
    5:38 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Man, how times change. It’s not good enough to just announce your college choice anymore. You have to hold a press conference. Furthermore, kids not only set a date for their announcement,they try to gather publicity for the date that they choose to reveal what day they are deciding. Next thing you know there will be a press conference to announce what month you will decide. Then another for what week of that month you will decide, then another at the beginning of that week to announce what day, then the actual decision. LOL. Oh well, I guess if you are a kid and got thousands of people hanging on to every word, get the attention while you can. By the way, I think it’s CATS.

23. Snooze
    5:45 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Yawn, does he play basketball? No? Oh on to the next bball post then…move along, nothing to see here…

24. TouchdownTommy
    5:58 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

23) Get a non basketball life, you suck.

25. wesley
    6:04 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Really good H.S. Player. I have watched him play on several occasions. Much like Towles.Except I dont think he has played the competition Patrick did by any means.I live in N. Ky and they play a relitively weak schedule and there were not huge numbers. That being said sometimes that doesnt make a difference (stats). I think its more important to the staff to own Ky in recruiting and get all the top reated players no matter what. I think he has over played the hype a little to much and that worries me.. I hope he does well if he comes to Ky. If he doesnt we will be fine.

26. Old Time Football
    6:46 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

What happened to Rick Minter?

27. Hal
    7:23 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

@22 I have to agree with ya man. This kid is good but it’s not like he the top 100. I mean if your are in the top 10 as a player I see nothing wrong with holding a press conference.

28. Terry Blue
    7:29 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

The guy is thought to be an elite quarterback guys. He’s a 4 star and rated around the #5 prostyle qb in the nation. Maybe more impressive is the fact that he is Steve Spurrier’s #1 target at QB in this class and he won’t offer anyone else till Drew decides, same thing with Neal Brown and UK. I don’t know who he’ll choose, but if he chooses anyone but UK he will disappoint the big majority of the folks at his announcement next week

29. This Is It....
    9:32 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

30. This Is It....
    9:34 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

22..28…U both need to get your facts straight…espn has DB ranked #116 top 20qb…Scout..#116 #5 qb…Bleacher report #TWO QB…Yea…He IS a pretty big damn deal…If it will help you bb only guys like you two he is a huge UK bb fan…Offers: IC..Ill..UK..UL..MiamiU..Miss. st..Miss..SC..UT.. Purdue

31. Terry Blue
    10:14 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

I did get my facts straight, he is the #5 ranked qb via Scout

32. Bluecat
    12:04 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

You don’t go through all the instate plans Barker is making and not choseUK. Write it down…he’s IN the fold as a WILDCAT!

33. This Is It...
    12:42 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Sorry TB…I meant 22 & 27…You are dead on…