Drake’s Wednesday News & Views

Since Cal took over, we’ve had a lot of random celebrities pledge their allegiance to the Big Blue Nation: Jay-Z, LeBron, Irv Gotti, etc. While most of these “fans” are merely acquaintances of Cal’s that occasionally drop by to do the “Y,” one seems to have genuine love for the Cats: Drake. Drake first showed up on our radars back in June 2009, when Cal tweeted about meeting him in NYC. Back then, the former “Degrassi” star was the next big thing in rap, a mere glint in Drew Franklin’s click wheel iPod. Now, he’s one of the most successful performers in the world, with over five million albums sold and more number one singles on Billboard’s rap chart than any other artist.

When he’s not getting into fights with Chris Brown over Rihanna or working on his next album, Drake still pays his dues to the blue and white. He’s attended several games over the past few years, the most recent being the Alumni Game, in which he served as a guest coach. Despite all the fame and fangirls who fawned over his every move at Rupp, Drake was just a fellow Kentucky fan that day, oohing and ahhing after each DeMarcus Cousins dunk or Anthony Davis block. After the game, he told the crowd and reporters that his relationship with the Cats goes past just basketball:

“Kentucky has given me a real home. I actually dropped out of high school, which I don’t know if a lot of people know that, but I dropped out of high school. I never really got like a school experience. When Coach Cal asked me to come here for the first Midnight Madness, it just really gave me a sense of school, a sense of love, a sense of belonging to something. That’s why I feel like I belong in the UK family and that’s why I’m graduating high school this month. I’m definitely inspired by UK.”

True to his word, Drake passed his final exam (with a 97%!) and graduated high school on October 17th. That night, he tweeted that the accomplishment was “one of the greatest feelings” in his entire life. On your 26th birthday, these news and views are for you, Drake. You da you da the best.

— The big news of the day had to be the scuttlebutt surrounding Andrew Wiggins’ recruitment. Wiggins told Evan Daniels Monday night that despite what the media thinks, he wasn’t down to only Kentucky and Florida State and that he wished other schools would continue recruiting him. Wiggins’ high school coach Rob Fulford clarified those comments to Adam Zagoria on Tuesday morning, saying that other schools have picked up interest in Wiggins because they think they might have a shot now that James Young has committed to Kentucky, taking over a wing spot on an already packed roster. However, Fulford also said that Wiggins, whom he called “extremely unselfish,” wouldn’t rule out going to Kentucky simply because the Cats already have a commitment from a wing player.

So, where does this leave Kentucky with Wiggins? It’s not exactly the best of news that Wiggins is entertaining other offers (Roy Williams stopped by Tuesday afternoon and Kansas is on deck Wednesday), but honestly, it seems to me to be a classic case of “the pretty girl wants more suitors.” Wiggins is considered by many to be the most talented high school player since LeBron James, and you know what? He’s a kid. Maybe he wants to be chased a little more before making his decision. Either way, if I could have any coach in the hunt right now, it would be Calipari. #InCalWeTrust

— More Andrew Wiggins news! It was announced today that Wiggins’ team, Huntington Prep, will play Christian Faith Academy of North Carolina at Scott County at 4 p.m., Sunday, November 18th, so if you want to go see what all the hype is about, there’s your chance. I expect full reports on the game on my desk by 5 p.m. the following Monday.

— When he wasn’t taking pictures with a different, possibly even more awesome Wiggins, Kyle Wiltjer helped Cal introduce another ball to his office wall (does this give new meaning to “balls to the wall”?). This wasn’t just any old ball though…it was the game ball from the National Championship game:

Pretty soon he’s going to have to start hanging those from the ceiling.

— Jeff Goodman and the CBS Sports crew trotted out another preseason position ranking on Tuesday, releasing their list of the Top 50 Big Men in the country. Three UK players made the list: Nerlens Noel at #3, Alex Poythress at #14 and Kyle Wiltjer at #44. Apparently, the CBS Sports crew hasn’t been drinking the Cal-ade when it comes to Willie Cauley-Stein just yet.

— You may have noticed a new player in the All-Access previews. You know, this guy:

You’re looking at Tod Lanter, UK’s newest practice player. He joined the team the day after Big Blue Madness and is now living the life our dreams are made of. If that blonde mop and last name sound familiar, it’s because he’s the son of Bo Lanter, who played for the Cats from 1980-1982. When asked about it, Brian Long just said he hopes Tod appreciates it all.

Patrick Towles returned to the practice field Tuesday and looked exactly how you would expect a player who’s been limited for the past few weeks: rusty. “Really, really rusty,” according to Randy Sanders, who pointed out that on top of that, Tuesday’s practice was only Towles’ fourth time working with the varsity squad. Regardless, Sanders said Towles had tape, an air cast, and high-top cleats on his ankle to keep it stable and they hope to have him ready for Saturday’s game in Columbia. One thing that might make the Cats’ trip to Mizzou a little easier: James Franklin is doubtful to play, according to the team’s updated depth chart. UK Football 2012: Small victories!

— UK Hoops held its Media Day on Tuesday, and like the boys, were picked to finish first in the SEC. However, Matthew Mitchell said that’s all a bunch of hooey, and that if anything, it speaks more of last year’s team than this year’s team. When asked for his own predictions, Mitchell said he thinks his team is a Final Four team. His confidence comes with good reason: reigning SEC Player of the Year A’dia Mathies was named Preseason Player of the Year and junior Samarie Walker was named to the Second Team. Coach Mitchell nailed it when he said “Kentucky is the most exciting place in the country to play college basketball.” Mitchell played up the partnership between the men’s and women’s teams, himself and Calipari especially, joking that he has helped Cal out a lot, “particularly public relations; he’s had some trouble with that.”

— The spotlight may have been on his team, but it seems everyone still wanted to talk about Matthew Mitchell’s dancing at Madness. When asked about it, Mitchell joked, “People are extremely impressed with my ability to entertain. I’m sure my parents are proud.” Does he ever encourage Cal to dance? “I try to only bring things up to Cal that don’t waste his time. He’s a very busy man.”

— Busy busting a move!

— How can I not end on that note? Wednesday should be a fun day around these parts, with the KSR Dating Game at 11 a.m., the latest episode of All-Access Kentucky, and of course, the Blue/White game. See you soon.

76 Comments for Drake’s Wednesday News & Views

1. B.J. Young
    11:28 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

Anyone else just stop reading or skip to something else when anything about UK football is mentioned???

2. SoCal Will
    11:33 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

I think this is what “balls to the wall” has always referred to. Now “hanging from the ceiling” has always been lewd….

3. keep it real
    11:37 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

Drake is a preppy rich kid who used to be on the Disney channel & tries to act “hard”. Wanna impress me? Let’s get Bone Thugs n Harmony here & help them get their GED’s

4. old_school
    11:41 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

Drake is not a good role model. His lyrics are full of the N-word, disrespectful references to women, celebrating drug use and profanity.

5. Trust me, I'm a Doctor
    11:49 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

He’s 26 and just graduated high school, I’m 27 and just became a doctor…I should’ve worked on my rap game, would’ve been a lot richer and apparently courtside for games. O well cheeers to him, it’s the small victories that count.

6. Upper Section Student
    11:49 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, Drake had it REAL hard growing up in the burbs of Canada. Man, being a soap actor on Nick musta been crazy bad. And now he’s making millions acting like a fake gangster than has come up from the streets? HOW DOES HE FIND THE COURAGE TO WAKE UP EVERY MORNING?! That man, is an inspiration. Not.

7. Upper Section Student
    11:50 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

Meant that, not than. Oh well, screw you Drake.

8. SexnNursinHomes
    11:51 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

Drake scored a 97 on his GED, huh? GD Einstein

9. 44 Stitches
    11:53 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

Drake is AWFUL!!!! Horrible rapper and acts like a chicken head women who throws bottles across a club at a dude who beats up on women. Drake is the worst. 80% of rap today is garbage and Drake is in the top 20% 0f that heap.

10. old_school
    11:57 pm October 23, 2012 Permalink

But the kids like him so Cal will prostitute out UK name in order to get some ‘street cred.’

It’s pathetic!

11. Shane
    12:13 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

I have said for awhile now that uk should not associate with drake.. It just makes us look trashy.. I understand that it’s a good recruiting tool.. But to the general public it just looks bad. This drake thing has been under my skin for so long I can’t stand it anymore.. Have we really gotten to such a cloud 9 that we think this is some type of achievement or award?.. Sickening

12. UKus2012
    12:44 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

#1 yes I skip over the football news to. I mean really nothing good to read bout them. This is basketball time in Kentucky. ALL BBALL, no football! Boring reading our football team notes.

13. UK
    1:05 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Really? First off most or all of our recruits like Jay-Z and Drake. It’s a good recruiting tool. And heads up, every rapper curses and talks about women and drugs. But a lot of Drake’s songs actually go deep into personal issues and relationships (getting off on a tangent). The point is Drake is a good asset to have because recruits and players love him and he really doesn’t try to act like a gangster. Maybe its just because he raps about how much he likes being famous, which anyone would enjoy.

14. I Say
    1:11 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Drake does not rap about being a gangster

15. uk class of 2013
    1:17 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

all the people talking crap about Drake – you guys don’t know anything about his life or his music if you say he acts like a gangster. Keep talking while he makes more money in a month than you will your entire life.

16. UKus2012
    1:44 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Think drake needs to find more time so he can come back to Rupp and to also sell Wiggins on this place. Or he isnt a fan.

17. yep
    3:08 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Hmmm, here is a post about someone that visited UK,felt like he was part of family, was inspired to get hiss GED, and people want to bad mouth him for it? Listen, I am not a drake fan. Not a fan of rap music in general. I don’t like rappers that have a thug mentality. But, this post wasn’t about me. This post was about someone that has been inspired to better himself and did it. This is the very thing that CAl preaches about to people that he comes in contact with.

18. SayHarrowToTheRepeat
    3:30 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

All of these comments crying about Drake are pretty funny.

19. tdogg40330
    5:30 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

18) I have to agree

20. lexington
    5:50 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Haters gonna hate. I am not the biggest fan of rap music in the world, but I do think Drake has more artistic talent than all of these people crying about him. I can see why they would be jealous.

21. Old school Sux
    5:53 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Well, we’ll, well. Glad to see to see the nitwit Old_School is still alive. We’re all so grateful with you blessing us with you’re negativity. I’m mean, you’ve been right so far since Coach Cal has been here. I’m glad to see you’re the same Old_Turd with an original thought (sarcasm).

22. Kel
    6:09 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Has Joker been fired yet? Missouri is starting their second string QB and UK is still a 13.5 underdog.

23. BigBluSoTru
    6:15 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

#10 exactly, And Wiggins is putting it out that he wants the higher bidder you all know the drill. Highest bidder wins don’t kid yourselves this kid is trouble another Shabazz i smell it coming!

24. Beavis
    6:19 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

At 13.5,,,,,if I played for Missouri,,,I would be insulted.

25. I Thought Drake Was A Restaurant
    6:20 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Cal doesnt care what the 40+ yr olds think about Drake…he is just putting talent on the court. Those on the court listen to artists like Drake with their expensive BEATS right before the games. Drake is just doing what is trendy and that will never change no matter how low he sags his pants at the Alumni game while posing next to the sophisticated folks in ties on the court.

26. test
    6:23 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

test

27. Catlanta
    6:27 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Irv Gotti is a convicted felon and has been in prison. It’s good to see the uk program associate with such an upstanding person as him.

28. Jus Sayin
    6:54 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

As much as you guys hate it Drake helps recruiting. I know you all wish it were Brooks and Dunn endorsinng UK but thata not where the bread is buttered.

PS: Listen to the music before you criticize. He actually doesnt make “Gangsta Rap” music.

29. LaLa
    6:59 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

I like how we benefit from people then people trash them on KSR.

Ragging on a guy for graduating High School? It may not be important for you but I think it’s kind of a cool that someone set for life felt obligated to go back to school.

30. barn
    7:24 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

it’s a slap in the face to h.s. grads everywhere

31. emlang08
    7:25 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

The Comment section on KSR has just become pathetic – FACT.

#1 intent – Bash the writer
    #2 intent – if the story is OK – Bash grammatical errors
    #3 intent – if it is well written – Bash the content, of the fact that the news was posted earlier on a previous website.
    #4 intent – Troll
    #5 . … ………

Pretty sad, Best poll in here would be how many people in the comment section actually read KSR because they are truly UK fans?? I’m leaning on the underside of 20%

32. Real Talk
    7:26 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

The bottom line is, whether its in 2 years or 10 years, eventually UK will pay for selling its soul for basketball wins. Either Calipari will vanish overnight like he did at Memphis, or the national title banner will come down, or the very least– NCAA sanctions. It never ends well with Calipari. He has already made it clear he will be leaving soon, he is “not a lifer.” Let’s be honest, UK is enjoying a great run right now, and kudos for that. But remember what Matt said before Calipari was hired, “you would be hard pressed to find anyone in inner basketball circles to say (Memphis) was a clean program.”

Be careful what you wish for.

33. bigbluejon
    7:28 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

“Good for him for graduating high school at the age of 26. But this is not the image UK basketball should associate with.”

You read my mind.

34. I wonder..
    7:34 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

I wonder if Drake would care about UK if we never hired Calipari. Yet, we pledge allegiance to him like he’s been here since day 1. As soon as our team isn’t the hottest trend, he won’t step foot on campus or in Kentucky at all.

35. what kind of attitude is that ?!?!
    7:51 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

” As soon as our team isn’t the hottest trend …”
    Don’t look for that to happen any time soon

36. old_school
    7:51 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

32 – So thankful others are waking up to this. Love is blind, and nothing is more blinding than success to UK basketball fans. I’m a lifelone fan and yes – I hated the Billy G. years – but we lowered our standards simply to raise banners. We’ve become what we would have mocked ten years ago.

I’m not going to sell out my integrity and pretend that everything is ok as long as we win. We should teach our children that standards matter, and that winning and losing only matters if it’s done right.

Google some of Drake’s lyrics. Read them out loud and then consider how many young people idolize Kentucky basketball. It’s not just 40-year-old men and college kids. It’s old people, it’s housewives, it’s little impressionable children. Kentucky Basketball is much more than just a collegiate sport- it’s a huge part of the culture of the Bluegrass.

Cal has come in and poisoined that culture. However, he’s done so under the cloak of winning titles and unprecedented hype and celebration. UK fans are drunk on euphoria. One day we will wake up, hung over and extremely embarassed and humiliated that we allowed ourselves to be used and exploited like we have.

But you know what – when that day comes. We UK fans who are truly more concerned about the program than with they hype – will be here. We’ll rush into Rupp while the bandwagon, feel-good fans run for cover. And next time – we’ll insist that the program return to it’s glory without forfeiting it’s integrity.

37. lexslamman
    7:51 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Drake isn’t even that good of a rapper – the kids like him, which is great, but to tell you the truth, he kind of sucks.

We need some Snoop Dogg in Rupp Arena.

38. Old School
    8:04 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

reading this comment section kind of reminds me of the time when I told everybody that the telephone will never, ever replace the telegraph. That ungodly mystery voice box….

39. 6xJimmy
    8:05 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

When Miss Kentucky was visiting the UK basketball office Coach Cal let her try on his ring, I bet RickyP would have let her hold his balls too.

40. Real Talk
    8:11 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

36) That pretty much sums it up. I feel like its a case of the ‘ol country boys getting suckered by the city slicker. BBN will wake up one day… and it will be a horrible hangover.

41. bigbluejon
    8:12 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

“We’ve become what we would have mocked ten years ago.”

Yup.

42. Unknown Fan
    8:17 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

#39 I sure woud have!!!!
    Drake is a phoney gang’sta who grew up middle class in a white suburb in Canada. His lyrics would make the blue hairs in the lower arena pass out from the profanity and sexual taunts of women.
    Whoopie,he graduated at 26. I earned a BA and MBA by age 24.
    THIS clown is a role model for Ky. youth??????
    I’ll wager KSR would not play his..shall we say “filthy” songs during the show without bleeping out every other word.

43. ukcat5fan
    8:18 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

#36- That is ridiculous! Are u saying that because we have become successful that we have lost our integrity? Are you saying that because people are extremely excited that we have lost our integrity? You make it sound like we are a cult under Calipari! Excuse me if people are riding this wave and enjoying it! It has absolutely nothing to do with integrity. Now, integrity comes into play when we talk about how we celebrate and how we act but simply being excited and passionate about our program has nothing to do with integrity. While some fans do lose all credibility and integrity because of their actions and behavior, you can not stereotype an entire fanbase for the actions of a few. EVERY school has those fans! You seem to be a typical UK critic who thinks they are a fan. Come jump aboard this train and realize that its ok to have fun and be passionate about the program you love and still look yourself in the mirror in the mornings.

44. Unknown Fan
    8:19 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Yet Matt Jones ridicules other schools who play rap music in arenas and stadiums where children are exposed to the lyrics.
    “We has met the enemy and it is us”

45. ukcat5fan
    8:19 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

#42- you’re an idiot! You have no idea what you’re talking about. He does not rap about being a gangster. Do your homework

46. barn
    8:23 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

32–calipari didn’t exactly ‘vanish overnight’ at memphis–he spent 9 years there–then he ‘vanished’ when UK came calling. and other than the derek rose issue i don’t recall any other scandals while he was there. all the clouds of suspicion about cal seem to have been created by some ‘sports journalists’. i think if he were guilty of wrongdoing he would have been charged and convicted by now.

47. Unknown Fan
    8:28 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Whats wrong??? KSR removes Drakes own lyrics but is crowing about what a cool dude he is??????

48. Dave in Bangkok
    8:34 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Must read article on College Sports.

If the quote in the link doesn’t hook you, proceed no further.

49. Dave in Bangkok
    8:44 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

I don’t know. On the Drake thing.

I’m not big into Rap so I really know nothing about him. Most of what I “know” is from people on here whining about him. He’s a recruiting tool. No one is saying that you have to use him as a role model for your child.

And then there is this:

50. Dear UL and IU fans, We are national champions; you are not. The end.
    8:54 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

We have like three ENVIOUS people on here this morning. We get it – you hate UK because they are successful. You should hate your coach instead, for being lazy.

51. 25YearOld
    8:57 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Hey guys, am I allowed to throw my opinion in, or is this post reserved for 50yr olds and up only? Sounds like my grandfather and his friends are chatting it up here.

52. Unknown Fan
    9:04 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

#53 Get off my lawn.

53. Jkwon
    9:04 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

There are so many cry babies on this posting board it’s sickening! Can’t u all just sit back and enjoy being on top of the basketball world! U cry about not being good enough and then when we r the best u find something else to cry about! Im loving every second of the success we r having and enjoying having Drake at our events. U don’t cry about it when we win the games! Also don’t u think if there was something to find wrong with Cal or the program that they would have found It already! Also u can take my grammatical errors and shove them up ur *** if ur that worried about it! #keepinitreal

54. jeez
    9:08 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

55 It’s a comment section. Quit whining about people who don’t think like you.

55. Old_School Real Talk Unknown Fan
    9:08 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

28 – Brooks and Dunn? No way we could let them represent the UK image. They sing Beer Thirty for crying out loud! Do we really want our kids singing about beer? Beer is the devil! I only want good role models representing UK. I can’t possibly be expected to teach my kid right from wrong on my own, I rely on the people UK allows to represent it to help me out. We need celebrities who are great role models for our kids representing UK. You know, like…uh wait, I can’t think of any right now. Can someone help me out here? There has to be someone out there who is popular yet has also never done anything bad.

56. Old_School
    9:12 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Has anyone seen my Metamucil? I can’t find it anywhere.

57. Real Talk
    9:13 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

No, 58, but I gotta go eat so I can take my back pill.

58. knightynight
    9:13 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

I can only imagine the stress and ulcers that develop by some of you old cynics. Relax, forget about the ‘integrity’ of UK basketball (it’s a f*cking game), and enjoy the wins- as they are happening in truckloads. You guys sound like the guy that gets to retirement, has hated his job for the last 40 years, kept all his money in CD’s, and regrets never taking a chance. LIVE A LITTLE – or at least stop trying to make everyone else feel guilty for enjoying a little success. damn.

59. Unknown Fan
    9:13 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Is it senior day at Kroger?

60. the anti cat
    9:36 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

What the hell is a drake, outside of another name for a duck?

61. theSkinny81
    9:45 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

old_school reminds me of an ex-girlfriend of mines dad. he used to break her Ace of Base CDs because he didn’t approve of that kind of music. Ace of Base.

She is a stripper now….

62. Jkwon
    9:55 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

@56 I don’t care if they don’t think like me at all! But all some people do is whine about everything! That I do care about! It gets annoying!Maybe I shouldn’t care!

63. bigbluejon
    9:57 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

#60 and JKWON– Anyone who doesn’t care about the integrity of UK can go to LOUISVILLE where they don’t care about morals or ethics. Yes, we are winning right now but in 10 years where will we be? Under NCAA sanctions? Tarnished image of having to remove banners? You young folk are all so blind to what Calipari is doing. Do you really think he cares about the state of Kentucky or it’s people? NO. He came here because he knew he could recruit the best and win national championships. If you think he cares about integrity, UK or BBN you are CRAZY!

64. Stop Hatin
    9:57 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

The is no doubt that if Cal were at another program our hater fans would be bashing one and dones, saying it ruins CBB, and calling coach Cal a cheater.

65. bigbluejon
    9:59 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Calipari is doing this for himself and not for UK or BBN. He has already told us he is moving on soon! How can we be so blind..

66. bigbluejon
    10:05 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

What other school would glady accept their Head Coach saying he will leave after a few more seasons? Why do our Board of Trustees, AD, Chancellor, and big-name boosters allow this? If Coach K told Duke he was leaving in a couple years (when he was Cal’s age) there would have been a PR uproar. Imagine Josh Pastner at Memphis, saying he was leaving in a couple years. Imagine telling your boss straight up, I am leaving in a couple years. Why do we let Calipari get away with it?

67. Old_School?
    10:10 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

How are you still alive? You gotta be, what, like 112 yeas old now? We get it, you hate your life, Calipari, rap music and the fact that not everyone is as depressed as you. Walk outside and smile for once. Jeez. I feel so sorry for your family.

68. bigbluejontheloser
    10:12 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

I’m old_schools canasta buddy. we gonna be sippin on our gin and metamucil later today at the old farts home, come on down and learn how to hate everything in life, never be happy and bitch all the time! it’ll be a hoot.

69. jeez
    10:18 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

55,60,69,70etc-Multiple screen names do not validate your opinion princess. Have a nice day.

70. Dave in Bangkok
    10:56 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Hep!

Hep!

I’ve fallen and I can’t get up…

71. SATAN
    10:57 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Don’t worry. I’ll pick you up later.

72. goUKats
    11:29 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Neanderthals still exist,they post their negativism on KSR.

73. bob
    2:51 pm October 24, 2012 Permalink

Drake has a lot in common with UK players…they will only have high school diploma’s

74. old_school
    5:40 pm October 24, 2012 Permalink

It’s all about standards folks. You either have them and adhere to them – or you don’t.

I’m watching UK from a distance and have been for the past few years. When they lights dim, the fad wears off – I’ll be there along with the true blue fans who had the fever decades before Calipari ever stepped foot in the bluegrass – and if you’ll recall – Kentucky has been on the tops since the 40s when a less flamboyant man by the name of Rupp built it.

And no -I’m not old enough to claim having met or watched Rupp coach – but I do respect tradition and integrity.