Drake shows off his UK National Championship bling

Drake was spotted hanging out with musician Ne-Yo, and of course he was sporting his UK National Championship ring…

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

30 Comments for Drake shows off his UK National Championship bling

1. Ridge Runner
    2:01 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Hey, if he will hustle….sign him up.

2. Matty Bangs
    2:04 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Who cares about drake?

3. Ridge Runner
    2:05 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Anyone…while I think of it, just a question to see if I’m off mark.

I always thought championship rings (like high school, military, etc rings were something you earned. I just don’t get this. Again, am I missing something?

4. bob
    2:14 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Did Snoop Dog get one too…..maybe next time him and Chris Brown get in a bar fight he can use his ring….

5. UKGrad83
    2:18 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Agree with Ridge Runner. Should be earned.

6. Rj
    2:19 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Agreed who cares

7. Ring Maker
    2:22 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

If you have the money, you can have one.

8. RingBling
    2:24 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

No doubt I like Cal’s marketing integrated into his coaching philosophy because it has brought UK back. However, I’m against handing out championship rings to Rappers/Hip Hop artists. If Drake’s visit with Julius Randle convinced him to come here then I will retract my statement.

9. Ridge Runner
    2:25 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

7, isn’t that the unfortunate truth. At least in my “earned” thought anyway.

10. Ridge Runner
    2:29 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

8, good point. I guess there are some things I wouldn’t “market” –kinda taboo…ya know?. Not many mind you…lol. But it’s like (to me) there are only a few things you as a person can earn that has hard work all over it & the ring was always one of those items to me.

Anyway, guess it’s another one of those things that has changed with the times…

11. TheUnearnedRing
    2:32 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, Didn’t Drake have a double/double in the championship game against Kansas?

12. Ridge Runner
    2:46 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

13, Isaac…I hear ya. Yeah, for me it is but I’m a minority. Came from a poor famly and I treasured my high school ring and then eventually a special forces ring that was awarded years ago from the Army. So…my perspective is from that angle. Again, I understand what you are saying however.

13. preston
    2:51 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

#13 I agree 100percent. Yall need stop hating on drake. The dude is uk fan,through n thruogh. If yall had a ring like that, you’d be at a pawn shop right now. Or be showing it around like he is. So stop hating!

14. catfan68
    2:54 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

#13…Isaac,don’t get me wrong, oldschool (aka oldfool) is an a$$hole, but what part of his comment was racist? I think we should be careful calling people a racist.

15. Mark
    2:55 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

15) Who are you referring to as hating on Drake when you say “Yall”? I only see one here.

16. Somebody besides Cal
    3:01 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Thank goodness most of the above posters aren’t in charge of marketing our program. 13 is dead-on, and Cal, thankfully, doesn’t think like the rest of you. You guys would find something to bitch about if a nude Miss America showed up to fix that leaking sink you’ve been putting off.

17. Mark
    3:05 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

19) Get over yourself. ridgerunner has a valid question and I don’t think he was bitching about it, just making a valid point whether we agree or not. Yes, Isaac is right on and old school, is an idiot. Just be careful on generalizing crap like typing out “most of you”.

18. preston
    3:05 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Maybe you should scroll back up n look. The ones saying drake shouldnt have one or being against someone else beside players having one.. I see more than one.

19. preston
    3:10 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Why saying get over yourself i wasnt even talking about myself.

20. Isaac in Long Beach
    3:11 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

“Some of you” not “most of you”*

21. Ridge Runner
    3:11 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

23, no worries bud. It’s all good.

22. oldschool
    3:17 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

23 – You don’t even know me and yet you want to call me a racist? On what basis?

If you’re going to suggest that a person is racist – you should be able to back up that statement. Baselessly calling someone a racist is just as deragatory and demeaning as racism itself.

It’s easy to sit at your keyboard and make wild accusations without any merit, especially allegations that would require you to know the inner-thinkings of another person.

23. jus sayin
    4:06 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Drake helps recruiting. End of story. He’s also not a “gangster rapper” as some of you are implying. He’s never been in trouble and has donated a lot of money to UK.

Plus I don’t think some of you realize how many people get these rings. The pastor at my church has one because he led a prayer at the game.

24. Karen
    4:09 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

23, That’s the point for some of us. Should anyone from your pastor to the guy who helps old ladies walk across the street get them? I think the issue is you don’t get it.

25. Cats in the NBA
    4:26 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

The ring is a REPLICA, it is not the same ring as the “real” one. Cal gave rings to lots of people. If the players do not care- why should YOU?

26. Drake
    4:52 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

25…yeah it sure feels good to be a gangsta

27. Odd
    6:23 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

I think the real question here is: Why is Ne-Yo wearing gloves and a hat at the dinner table? No manners these days.

28. Grace
    9:11 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Does he wear the ring while reaching around NeYo?

29. bluristhurr
    8:06 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Is this guy remembered more for his kids t.v. show or for trying to rap?

30. Clff Clavin
    8:55 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Drake use to help me on my route. Talk about great wrist action.