Doron Lamb visits Kentucky Children’s Hospital

The departing Kentucky players have spent much of the last couple of weeks traveling the state as fans lined up for a quick word and an autograph. Doron Lamb has been a part of that, but yesterday he stepped away from the long lines and instead paid a visit to some special fans in Lexington. Lamb went to the Kentucky Children’s Hospital and spent some time visiting with kids there, signing autographs, taking pictures and throwing up plenty of three goggles along the way.

It’s a small gesture, but one that brightened the day of a few children that are going through difficulties much tougher than those most of us face on a daily basis. Lamb, and the other Cats, have made the day of countless UK fans in their recent travels across the state. To take the time out to give that same experience to the children at the hospital is something that they will never forget, and Lamb gets an attaboy for that.

WTVQ has an interview with Lamb and some video of the trip to check out at the link below:

[WTVQ – Doron Lamb Visits Kentucky Children’s Hospital]

Article written by Hunter Campbell

I used to write here.

20 Comments for Doron Lamb visits Kentucky Children’s Hospital

1. coreyt
    4:03 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Total class by Lamb, great job by a great kid

2. NFL Draft
    4:08 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Winston Guy to Seattle in 6th

3. oborokyukfan
    4:08 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Winston Guy to the Seahawks!

4. Roland
    4:13 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

OT: Winston Guy drafted 6th round, 11th pick and #181 overall to Seattle

5. Roland
    4:14 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

damn, I’m slow

6. oborokyukfan
    4:30 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Trevethan to Denver!

7. oborokyukfan
    4:32 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Glad to see both guys get drafted. Denver is becoming UK linebacker country with Woodyard and Trevethan now haha

8. haha who cares
    4:33 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

who gives 2 shits about football and that idiot coach we have.We will never be legit until we get a coach. I will say it now! we wont win 5 games. Big Blue Madness cant get here fast enough.

9. oborokyukfan
    4:39 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Although I agree, and really wish that Joker would have been let go after the team’s performance this past year, I still love to see UK guys in the league and see their dreams come true…even if it is the 6th round and they are still fighting for a roster spot.

10. Greg
    5:11 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Good story here. Props to Lamb

11. chardun
    5:25 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

#8 Since you don’t care about Football stop commenting it. Grow up.

12. BravoBigBlue
    7:18 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Well done, Mr. Lamb.

You had a great 2 years at Kentucky. The Wildcat fans love you and the rest of the guys. Good luck in the NBA. We’ll be watching.

13. Class
    7:18 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

🙁 Be sad to see ole sleepy eyes go. Such a good dude.

14. UK FAN
    7:42 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Great job Lamb.. Keep up the good work because those kids need encouragement and inspiration. Glad to see you going the extra mile to put smiles on those precious kids face.

15. drdrewrph
    7:53 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Going to the childrens hospital yesterday is a nice gesture but the fact was he was 1 hour and 40 minutes late for an apperance for autographs is etown. Unacceptable and he lost a lot of respect from fans present including myself. I can understand 20 or 30 minutes…but an hour an forty minutes. learn some respect for other peoples time bro.

16. LuvDaCats
    9:55 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

That is awesome thing to do. Children are awesome. Lamb is my hero of the day.

17. Cats4life
    10:05 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

15- what a selfish post. I think these kids are WAY more important than u having to wait a couple hrs to get an autograph… Don’t go if you don’t expect delays

18. Concerned citizen
    10:27 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Wow did I just read that a ‘fan’ is upset bc someone had 2 wait on him bc he was at the Children’s Hospital?? Is this what our world has come 2? Buddy I think the CHILDREN at the Hospital are way more important than u having 2 wait an hour or 2 or even 3! These babies are fighting for their lives so lets try not 2 encourage others to jump on ur ‘Im 2 busy 2 wait’ bandwagon. Normally I wouldn’t respond 2 such upsetting comments but these are babies and kids that are very sick. They may not ever get the luxury to wait in line one day like you Mr. Busy. I’m just going 2 tell myself you didn’t really mean that the way it came out.

19. Drdrewph you have a problem
    12:42 am April 29, 2012 Permalink

I hope someone at KSR will see the comments made by #15 are remove them or give his E-mail address. If anyone has a child at the children’s hospital I’m sorry you have to read such bullshit as that. Nothing is more important than helping a sick child.Who ever you are 15 you don’t deserve to draw one more breath.For anyone to even think such a comment. The world would be better off with out you in it. If your some little punk trying to get e racket started I wish you had to visit some of these kids and Their families and then you might see this isn’t anything to joke about

20. Barb Duvall
    9:32 am April 29, 2012 Permalink

Doron was at the hospital Friday afternoon. Saturday AM, he was in Central City KY at a bank for photo ops, along with Terrance Jones and Darius Miller. They were about 30 minutes late arriving there. Next, each of them went separately elsewhere, Lamb onto the Wildcat Warehouse in Madisonville. He was about 70 minutes late arriving there. I know this because I was at both locations. These guys now have media managers who call the shots. I believe the delays are cuased because of their desire to leave no one out of the opportunity for getting the pictures, autographs, or whatever, and earn some money!

I for one was “thirlled” to be able to see them all. I left Madionsville, and saw Miller in Henderson!

I love all the CATS! I will really miss them.