Don’t give up on Nate Willis

Yesterday Nate Willis tweeted that he would have to attend a Division II school because he couldn’t qualify at UK.  The admissions issue isn’t with Willis’ grades, but with transfer credits and a class he needs to take to get into Kentucky.  “JUCO is easy to get in but hard to get out,” he tweeted.

But this morning he tweeted out that there is still hope for him to suit up for Kentucky in the fall, thanks to his “wonderful parents.”  The tweet suggests his folks offered to pay for whatever course(s) he needs to complete before enrolling at UK.

It’s a good sign for Kentucky football and I’m sure UK compliance is doing everything they can to make sure Willis knows all of his options and routes he can take to get qualified. He probably jumped the gun with yesterday’s tweet saying he couldn’t get in.

Mark Stoops desperately needs Willis to be on the roster next season; the Cats are razor thin and inexperienced at cornerback, so Willis would likely start right away and be a key component of the defense.

Article written by Drew Franklin

50 Comments for Don’t give up on Nate Willis

1. Air Raid 2.0
    10:20 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

Hope he gets everything taken care of, seems like a pretty good guy and just really has that hunger to succeed. Love to see him in a Kentucky Jersey this fall. Best of luck Nate getting everything taken care of.

2. $$$
    10:22 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

uk football and basketball on probation in 3 years

3. Tej
    10:28 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

#1 is on point. #2 needs to get back to his UL board with his/her comments.

4. Not So Fast
    10:29 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

#2, we’ve been there done that. This time there are way too many eyes looking down on Lexington. If they had seen smoke they would have found the fire by now. I am comfortable that we are way ok this time around. Three years ago I would have felt differently.

5. Bunzz
    10:31 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

Hope everything gets worked out. Good for him and his parents.

6. Huge
    10:32 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

This guy is very important, we need this to happen.

7. ItsJustBestIf...
    10:33 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

4 and 5, don’t feed the trolls. let ’em starve.

8. ItsJustBestIf...
    10:33 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

make that 3 and 4. I guess there was a deleted comment

9. dave
    10:34 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

this is a situation where its crazy that UK or any other school cant pay or provide some grant, etc. for the additional class. the kid wants to attend UK & UK wants him & has the resources.

10. MonkeyHumpnaFootball
    10:34 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

Clint Hurtt ain’t starving! Its an all day cash buffet!

11. Clint Hurtt
    10:35 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

#2, your comments hurt

12. Willis talkin bout..
    10:38 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

lol.. Isn’t UL head recruiter about to get slammed by the NCAA for his Miami purchases? which prolly include Bridgewater and the other highly rated Miami players that just decided to come to UL.. And doesn’t Charlie Strong have a lawsuit against him by a former player? I’d bet UL goes down long before UK even gets an infraction

13. Nathan
    10:40 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

We are really going to go on probation for a 3 star juco transfer? Doubt it. If we were going to pay someone, we’d get someone a lot better.

14. Jpo
    10:40 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

G-unit said this yesterday. Hire him

15. ummmm
    10:43 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

Im not a troll but #2 i kind of thought the same thing when i read it!

16. ummmm
    10:44 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

13 just read the last sentence…………..

17. G-Unit
    10:51 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

14- Yes I did, then the story was taken down, along with my comment on that story as well as the “wednesday notes” lol—but I dont know anything….

18. El Pollo Loco
    11:23 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

Assuming his grades are fine, a bigger issue is the people at high schools and JUCO’s who simply don’t give the necessary guidance to these kids to take the classes to fulfill requirements. It happens all over the country to recruits of every school. Nerlens got lucky that someone figured out he was being pushed to not have necessary requirements to reclassify by a bad advisor with poor intentions (of feeding him to Cuse in ’13).

19. Ineed
    11:23 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

17 Matt Jones doesnt like it when he upstaged…… there was another poster last year that beat him to every big story and i havent seen a comment from him since! Better be careful..LOL

20. Clff Clavin
    11:26 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

#2 and #15 are valentines

21. ummm
    11:41 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

20… if you are going to be a mail man u better learn how to spell your first name………..

22. 3cats
    11:44 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

# 2 you better worry about your own house.. coach Hurt ring a bell!

23. 3cats
    11:45 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

2 and 15…. dumb azz minds think alike! lol

24. 3cats
    11:48 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

Hurtt is what I meant.

25. G-Unit
    11:49 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

I am a member of the USC rivals site and they often times post highlights of Throwing Sessions and practices that are open… any way we could start something like that? What would that entail? Just a thought… Stoops said some of the practices will be open… Am I the only one interested in this?

26. yup
    11:56 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

i love how g-unit claims to have unique insight into football recruiting when his only comments are copied and pasted from rivals premium site. jrowland at rivals broke the truth behind willis yesterday, and g-unit ran with it here. this is not the first time s/he has done it and won’t be the last.

27. yup
    11:59 am February 14, 2013 Permalink

in fact, on the rivals premium site comment number #25 by g-unit was just posted as a thread topic on the rivals premium board. further cementing the fact he has access to jrowland’s info.

28. G-Unit
    12:22 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

26-27

OF course I have access to his info… ever heard of Twitter…ever think I talk to JR due to our North Carolina ties? However, I dont pay to be a part of a site to get this info when I can make a call and find out myself. Yes I get SOME info from him… But from living in Florida, Louisiana, North Carolina, Ohio, California and Kentucky I have tons people I know that it is their job to watch high school football. I have multiple sources on UK’s athletic board, Have a family member that played and is great friends of Neil Brown, I also am great friends with a guy by the name of Dan Weber, who used to be the rivals evaluator for the KY,OH,TN area…he is the one that told me about Jason Hatcher 4 months before it even happened. Also Know Ryan Abraham has been one of the Rivals worker for Alabama and Georgia and now is for the Texas area. Gerard Martinez used to run the UF Rivals site but now lives in LA and covers the Tampa Pipline they have so he knows tons about FL players. You of course can think what you will. I HATE PAY SITES! WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR? TO KNOW HOW A VISIT WENT? TO KNOW WHO HAS OFFERS? I’ll continue to just pick up the phone when I want to know what is the latest on Nacarius Fant or whoever…just like I just did to figure out why he doesnt have an offer from UK yet. I do a service for this site… I bring what rivals call PREMIUM INFO, that is detailed and informative and provide it for free…I can stop if you want and everyone can go back to getting the vague posts of Drew Franklin, but my guess is more people would be against that than for it.

29. MustangCat
    12:22 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Hope Willis gets here. We could really use him. Wish all of you would cut out the nonsense about who gets credit…. G-unit adds a lot to KSR. I’m not gonna pay for info, so i appreciate him as much as Jones. Thanks to both of you. The lawsuit against Strong is an ugly one. Story goes that he begged the player to allow him to discipline his attackers in house. Keep it quiet. Then turned on the kid who got jumped?! UL don’t wanna cover medical expenses now. Kicked the boy off the team. real class act there.

30. CatsFootball
    12:30 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Really hope he qualifies, but don”t understand how we are so “razor thin” in the secondary. JD Harmon and Cody Quinn got a lot of experience last year and with McWilson, Hytchye, and McClain on the way along with the returning players, and a potential move of Miles Simpson from LB to S, I’d say the secondary is relatively deep.

31. G-Unit
    12:34 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

30- They kids we have do not have the speed and physicality to play Stoops defense. Stoops defense is based on being able to lock down WR’s with the secondary to allow time for the linemen and LB’s to run free and make plays. Did you see how WIDE OPEN WR’s got last year?

32. GoCats81
    12:36 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

28. G-Unit:

How’s bragging camp going? That was a Hall of Fame worthy name drop of names no one knows.

And how did you know about Hatcher before Kentucky even hired a head football coach?

33. G-Unit
    12:49 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

32- 1st it was 3 months ago, Typo, I knew because at that time he and quick were really liking the idea of playing together at Louisville…. USC had tried to get him out earlier for a visit but couldnt, also Mom had prevented Orgeron and Monty a couple of times from doing a visit so my man Dan Weber was never sold on his committment and told me that “he will flip, it will be later rather than sooner” but his prediction was to Louisville at the time. I had the info saying he was gonna flip, just not to UK.

And I’m not bragging,”yup” was insinuating that I was another “copy and paster” so I gave up some sources…and did you honestly think you would know the names? How avidly do you follow Rivals Evaluators and their travels? Who were you expecting me to say? Mark Stoops, Nick Saban, Kirk Herbstreet? lol

34. JBR
    12:53 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

26 & 27…BOOM…and 32, it is not bragging, he has to defend himself against some idiot who is simply jealous of his knowledge. These boards get so ridiculous, about whose territory is whose, etc. I have no idea who g-unit is personally. What I do know is that he offers information that has always been spot-on, obviously knows more than anyone at KSR knows, and has a good grip on the sport of football. And, has never been arrogant about it, unless he has to defend himself as above. We need to just appreciate the info he gives…many “insiders” are arrogant jerks, like that “messenger” character over at BBK, the guy is an idiot and probably still defending Joker and how he could have turned things around. Most of the time, the insiders need their egos stroked…g-unit has never asked for anything while continuously out-performing this site.

35. yup
    1:00 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

g-unit, i don’t believe you. sorry. if you have access to all these issues you would start a blog rather than lurking in KSR comment sections talking about how smart you are and how dumb KSR is. you don’t start a blog because you’re full of it.

36. Drew Franklin
    1:01 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

NERD FIGHT!!!!!

37. yup
    1:02 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

g-unit, you hate pay sites yet you have a membership to rivals. that doesn’t make sense. but again, you are providing nothing unique. everything you provide – and you even admit you get [at least some] info from jrowland – can be found elsewhere. you have the highest self-esteem to lowest self-awareness ration i’ve ever seen. you’re a real-life ron burgundy.

38. yup
    1:07 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

34, the prob i have isn’t that g-unit is a bragger (he typically isn’t unti he’s challenged) it’s that he talks crap about KSR stealing info when he obviously does the same himself.

39. Drew Franklin
    1:08 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

*gets popcorn*

40. MustangCat
    1:33 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Hey G-Unit, do you have a facebook page? I’d send you a friends request in a heartbeat. I’d like to be on your friends list! “yup”, you need to chill out. I’ve never seen g-unit do or say anything UNPROVOKED. You might want to think about that one. Your basically arguing over dirt. (territory in other words)

41. G-Unit
    1:44 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

37 – Apparently you know something I dont, where is my rivals account? Are you getting my bills, because I want to see these charges. I get my info over the damn phone lol. You think I honestly give a damn what you believe or dont believe? You must think so highly of yourself since your opinion means so much. I will be an ADULT and admit sometimes I forget the motto of this site: Kentucky Sport News Provided In The Most Ridiculous Manner Possible… I do give the writers on here a hard time sometimes, and I apologize for that…thats my fault for expecting top notch journalism when that is not the function of this site, its more for entertainment value. I simply am providing info for free. If they asked me to do posts on this site I would JUMP at the opportunity. I think its funny how you seem to be one of the ONLY people that has a problem with what I do and think I am a bragger. Its quite comical. I would do a blog, but I would not have the time to invest in doing it the right way with 100% of my effort. Kinda hard to do when you have 4 jobs. BTW please show me posts where I apparently boast and pump myself up and say I poop ice cream…

Mr. Drew Franklin- I doubt you even care about me one ounce but since you have posted I want to tell you I by no means am trying to upstage you. You do a great job and provide me a lot of times with many laughs. I can stop posting if you or anyone else wants…I have no problem doing so.

42. UK football fan
    1:46 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

1. “yup”…can you just go away. You aren’t wanted or needed here.
    2. “G-Unit” – Thanks for all the info you provide. Please ignore the ones on here making jealous comments. Anyone with half a brain can see how knowledgable you are. Thanks again for all your insight. Be nice if you could post your own blogs on here..sure hate it that Matt Jones ego gets in the way for that to happen.

43. Drew Franklin
    1:50 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

41. — You’re all good by me. We’re one big happy family.

44. G-Unit
    1:54 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

42- Thanks, I like Matt… this is his baby, he started it and I can understand how he wants to keep things. The only thing I can do is just continue to provide info, and let yall slug it out where i get it from…personally I dont know why anyone cares, I mean I think my track record of how accurate I am speaks for itself… But I will say, I will get things wrong, and I will be the first to admit it when I do.

Thanks for those of you who support my posts! I’ll keep them coming for y’all!

45. JBR
    1:58 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Drew, PLEASE ask g-unit to write some football posts on here.

46. G-Unit
    1:59 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Drew Franklin- That had to been very entertaining for you lol.

47. bluristhurr
    2:04 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Thank you g-unit, maybe you can hook that Aaron chick up with info and they could write a post about sports for once

48. UK football fan
    2:15 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

This is a great site and I love coming on here..and I do enjoy reading Drew’s articles because he seems very passionate about football, but wouldn’t it be nice to enhance that by letting G-unit contribute to some of the blogs? Is there some unwritten rule that I am missing here? If so, I would like to know what it is.

49. Here we go now
    2:17 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Perfect world you let G-Unit do front page post on football. Wherever he gets his info it has proven to be as accurate as it can be in the world of recruiting where things change every hour. But if not, let the man post comments in peace as many of us appreaciate them and the info he provides. He is adding value to KSR which is more than I can say for 70% of the comments on here. The comment sections have almost undreadable with trolls, posers, and irrational spoiled UK fans spewing negativity towards players.

50. kadizkat
    3:17 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

G-Unit, please remember I was the first on here to nominate you for HMFIC!! Keep the information coming. I love this site and come here 10-15 times a day (or more). I appreicate all the information this site and (most) posters comments. The trolls and negative Nancys I can do without.