Dickie V’s Sunday Morning Links

I don’t mind pouring salt on the wound (h/t Big Lead)

I don’t mind pouring salt on the wound, but I do have one question: Where’s Manti Te’o? (h/t Big Lead)

– Rituals are as crucial to sports as jock straps. If you break a ritual, it can become a big mental block during a game. Some have a lucky shirt or socks, others have lucky handshakes. Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin, and James Harden have a handshake that I’m sure little kids will be emulating soon (let’s be honest, I’ll be doing it too).

– Sometimes nothing is better than taking children to a zoo. Some of their reactions to the rarely seen exotic animals, are Kodak moments to be cherished forever. There’s also that slight chance that the animals you see do something you’ll never forget; this hippo was a ‘party’pooper’ for guests but provided those from afar some entertainment.

– Now that National Signing Day has come and gone, how is #BBN supposed to get their football fix? You can start by getting to know your new players on KSRCollege. There are bios on all 22 members of this year’s class, with maybe one or two still to come….???

-Even though watching Louisville go down to Notre Dame in 5 OTs was comical and highly entertaining, it still doesn’t take the cake from a great Saturday in College Basketball. The end of regulation in the Wisconsin/Michigan game provided two fantastic shots to take the game into overtime. Wisconsin went on to win; it’s hard to imagine losing after hitting a crazy shot like this one.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

21 Comments for Dickie V’s Sunday Morning Links

1. Ich Heisse Neil
    10:10 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

Manti Teo was at the game, just not in the picture. Your tired attempt at humor is played out and not funny.

A better question would have been… “Why is Manti Teos girlfriend flashing the camera.”

2. Ridge Runner
    10:12 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

If this reminder can get one person to vote, it’s worth it.

You can vote once every day!

Infinity Coaches Challenge South Region (Current Leaderboard)…Haith 23%, Calipari 21%, Gottfried 15%, Donovan 12%

3. Some Guy in Kentucky
    10:18 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

If UK beats Florida this week, will they be higher rated then UL next week?

4. Russdiculous
    10:22 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

L1C5OTL

5. Brad
    10:22 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

#3. I do not think so. I can see UK breaking the top 20, perhaps as high as 18. However, I do not see Loserville falling more than two or three spots. Hell, they only dropped 12 spots when they lost 3 games in 10 days.

6. 53blue
    10:22 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

heard any news on the kid out of lsu ,coming?

7. UL2UK8
    10:23 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

I hear that Teo ex girlfriend wanted to meet Russ Smith, until see saw him play.

8. rixter
    10:23 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

I’ve been badmouthing the Cats starting backcourt recently. Then I saw the Cards starters went 5 – 25 and 0 – 8 last night. I now like our backcourt.

9. UL2UK8
    10:24 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

she saw for #7 ^^^

10. Brad
    10:26 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

8. I hear you. I also find it humorous that the national media has used Loserville’s “phenomenal” backcourt to justify keeping them ranked in the top 15 despite playing like shit the last 3 weeks.

11. Mack
    10:32 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

Don’t care anything about Parsons but I did go to the link and was unable to open the video for their “handshake” but as luck would have it there was Miss Upton, now that was a great shake.

12. tdogg40330
    10:34 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

with all the L’s in the top 25 this week, can the CATS sneak in tomorrow??

13. Brad
    10:55 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

12. I do not see it happening. My guess is that we will gain enough votes to be tanked between 27 and 30. It all comes down to Tuesday. If we fall at Florida, we are going to have to get wins over Tennessee, Vandy, Mizzou, Miss State and Arkansas. That would have us ranked before playing Georgia and UF in the final week of the regular season. We need to go ahead and knock of UF and work on rising through the rankings rather than simply trying to get a ranking.

14. John Ellis
    10:56 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

Russ Smith’s eyes on being a hero are bigger than his talent.

15. Brad
    10:59 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

Not having a top 50 RPI opponent come to Rupp outside of Mizzou on the 23rd and UF the last game of the season has been our downfall. It is hard to impress anyone when you lose every game you are supposed to (outside of Ole Miss) and you beat cupcakes.

16. Kevin C.
    11:10 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

I love how North Carolina is so bad and so irrelevant this year, that KSR doesn’t even acknowledge when they lose now. #NCDoesNotExist

17. tankercat
    11:34 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

I thought the UL-ND game was pretty good, but for the life of me I don’t understand why smith was taking the final shot at the end of every ot, Behanan was red hot, they couldnt have set up anything for him ?

18. John Ellis
    11:49 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

Jay Bilas has UK 15th in his rankings, which are where the teams are now, not what they did before Feb.. That’s about right. And rising. UK is capable of beating Florida, particularly as they adjust to losing a player, but likely will be like the Lullville game – with homer officiating killing any chance at a last second win. Then UK is quite capable of running the table. This is a Tubby team, and Cal has options deep on the bench, so if say Harrow isn’t playing well, or Archie, they sit. Last year there were almost no options, but they didn’t need them.

19. Kevin C.
    11:58 am February 10, 2013 Permalink

@ 18…. A “Tubby team”???? GTFO man… Tubby wouldn’t have recruited any of these freshmen, and certainly not Kyle. He chose to shop around the bargain bins, and hope he didn’t get burned…which he usually did. There are no Bobby Perry or Sheray Thomas types on this team…not even close.

20. sunnycat
    12:39 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

19. Right on

21. hendoblue
    1:01 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

17- because Russdiculous wanted to be the hero. Just like his buddy Siva, who watched from the bench. By the way, where is Kentucky Freshman today?