Dick Vitale talks about John Calipari (with a side of podcast)

There is a lot of interesting stuff from Dick Vitale in this video from Day 2 of the John Calipari Fantasy Camp. Hit play to hear what Vitale thinks about Kentucky’s upcoming season and who he plans to put at No. 1 in his preseason poll.

Vitale also praised the job his good buddy John Calipari has done at Kentucky, but he admitted he never thought Cal would win one at Kentucky.

Vitale is great.

————–

Today’s podcast was great. John Robic dropped in to do play-by-play of Matt’s game (hilarious), Anthony Davis came on to talk about being awesome, and DeMarcus Cousins took over in the second hour. You’ll want to hear it.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Dick Vitale talks about John Calipari (with a side of podcast)

1. bigbluejon
    4:39 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

Drew, you must not have seen all the comments in the previous Dookie V thread. We hate this man. You’re too young to remember the comments he made about us being racist and forcing Tubby out of town. Get a clue.

2. schwing
    4:49 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

i’m sorry, never? he never thought calipari would win one? not in 10 or 15 years?

3. Stevie
    5:02 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

I try to like Vitale; I really do. He likes Cal because Cal raises money for his charities and because Cal is a winner. I will never forget how he disrespected us UK fan regarding Tubby. He is a Dukie and UNC man through-n-through. I could be civil to him because I like his passion for the game, but I would never trust him to cover my back.

4. Mass Confusion
    5:03 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

No questions to Dukie V about carolina or duke?

5. kes
    5:07 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

why do all you KSR people kiss this guy’s ass? he talked about the BBN like dogs after tubby left here. yet all you ass kissers praise him to high heaven. and no MATT, hes not going to help you get a network job!

6. Duke Vitale
    6:15 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

I can’t stand Duke Vitale. He only likes UK now, because we won a title. I will NEVER forget his comment that we got rid of a “Cadillac” when we fired Tubby. Duke Vitale needs to retire and so does Bob Knight and many others.

7. Chicago Chris
    6:17 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

Unlike the five above me, I like Vitale and agree he’s great for the game. He never lacks enthusiasm for UK and I’ve never felt he was biased against us. Long ago I recall he was hated for suggesting Sutton should step down. Can’t win with some fans.

8. Chicago Chris
    6:17 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

Six above me…

9. What?
    7:03 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

Get over yourselves, Dick Vital has done more for college basketball than just about anyone. Many UK fans think that anyone that puts us anywhere but #1 hates us.

10. tweet
    8:31 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

piss on dick vitale

11. barn
    8:39 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

9–maybe you’re a little full of yourself. i don’t care if he puts us #1 or wherever but i don’t have any respect for him because i remember how he disrespected and insulted an entire fanbase because he felt we didn’t show tubby any love because we weren’t satisfied with tubby’s lazy recruiting and underachieving teams. maybe you weren’t around back then when tubby made his deal with minnysoda in early to midseason behind closed doors while the team struggled against lesser teams. and Chicago Chris evidently you don’t remember either. you think he’s never lacked enthusiasm for UK

12. theSkinny81
    9:01 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

pretty sure the haters on here are just trolls, trying to make BBN look bad.

13. CAUKFAN
    9:05 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

“never thought Cal would win one at Kentucky” WHAT??? Are you sure he didn’t say “win ten at Kentucky”?

14. theSkinny81
    9:09 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

and seriously, the stuff he said about Kentucky after Tubby left, is he WRONG??? we think our football team “deserves” to compete for National Championships.

this is edited with spin, but actually LISTEN to Vitale’s claims…. hes not far off from the truth:

15. barn
    9:20 pm September 14, 2012 Permalink

dooky vee was wrong about the things he said about the UK fans. and do ‘we think our fball team deserves to compete for natl champs’? i don’t know about that but i believe we all think our fball team ‘deserves’ to compete in the sec. and i don’t see where the video was edited with spin. i remember watching it live and it’s pretty much as i remember it.

16. theSkinny81
    9:12 am September 15, 2012 Permalink

15 – do you think Tubbys name deserves to go up in Rupp’s rafters?

17. barn
    9:16 am September 15, 2012 Permalink

16–hell yes. he won a nat’l title didn’t he? albeit with rikky’s players, but that is for another discussion.