Derek Willis and Marcus Lee are officially on board

Happy early signing day! So far, two of Kentucky’s 2013 commitments have made it official. Derek Willis signed in front of a fancy backdrop (above) while Marcus Lee posted a picture of his letter of intent on Instagram (below).

Lee called the signing a relief and said he already feels connected to the Big Blue Nation thanks to Twitter and other social media:

“I love it so much,” Lee said. “I enjoy talking to them, hearing from them. I go through Twitter and enjoy what they’re saying.”

Welcome aboard, boys.

14 Comments for Derek Willis and Marcus Lee are officially on board

1. kentuckyrules
    5:04 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

Lee will really love wearing a NC ring 🙂

2. Biglaw Dawgin'
    5:04 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

Wow, Derek Willis looks really old….

3. barn
    5:12 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

wiggins and randle come on down

4. hey
    5:35 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

I was hopin last night Archie dunked on plumlee.. he was so close.. is there any links to the attempted dunks.. plus we played a good game last night yea we could of won but it was only the second game. And we r really young.. . duke wont want us in march..#bbn #champs

5. Pu
    5:36 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

Marcus Lee sounds like he loves being a Wildcat. I’m looking forward to seeing all of next years class, but it’s nice when you know you have a player coming in that can’t wait to put on the UK jersey. But first, I really think this years team is going to be a lot of fun to watch grow up. If we can get all of our young talent to jell, we might be playing for number 10 next year. Duck Fook, it’s great to be a Wildcat

6. Fire Cal Now
    5:52 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

I think last night proved that Cal needs to recruit players that will stick around all four years! All of a sudden all of UofK’s one and dones weren’t so tuff huh? Hahaha what a dumpster fire.

7. 8. is an assclown
    6:22 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

the term “dumpster fire” has now jumped the shark thanks to you.

8. Badams
    8:19 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

6, pretty sure guys like Wiltjer, Willis, Lee are what you are talkin about. And if want guys that will be around all four years, you apparently aren’t wantin very talented guys. Also, our guys did play tough, they just made freshmen mistakes that they won’t be makin over the next month. Get a grip and stop bein a dumbass!

9. THERES TROY BARR!
    11:35 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

There is Troy Barr! Go Chargers!

10. Beavis
    6:56 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

Fire Cal Now,,,,,LOL,,,you must be joking. You must be one of those Joker fans that love losing.

11. Jason
    10:00 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

Does anyone really care what DW does? I mean he is not even on the same level as jon hood or polon. He better than brian long, but who isn’t.

12. JustinB
    10:02 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

I had coach Barr wife for geography, and she had some nice mountians I would of like to visited.

13. bluristhurr
    11:05 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

#6 go kill yourself please and do it at the corvette plant in BG so I can get off today

14. Butthead
    1:26 pm November 15, 2012 Permalink

Marcus Lee will be a black Rob Lock. He sucks donkey marbles.