DeMarcus Cousins to throw out the first pitch tonight at Legends game

boogie-legends

DeMarcus Cousins is in Kentucky for only a few more days as he’s wrapping up his first summer appearance tour around the area. Today marks his last day touring schools in the Bluegrass — we’ll have video from the tour soon — and, tonight, he’ll show off his heater on the mound at Whitaker Bank Ballpark.

Boogie is scheduled to throw out the ceremonial first pitch tonight at the Lexington Legends game when the Legends host the West Virginia Power. The game is scheduled for 7:05 so get there around 6:30ish if you plan to catch Boogie throw out the stinky cheese.

It’s also dollar beer and Bark In The Park night so take your dog(s) and designated driver(s).

A look at his last toss (via @acrphoto)

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for DeMarcus Cousins to throw out the first pitch tonight at Legends game

1. Malone's
    1:06 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Drew and Boogie were eating together in me last night.

2. Jus Sayin
    1:07 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

I have very much enjoyed the BBN NBA stars coming back during the Cal era. Even guys that didn’t play for him come around more. That’s what its all about. We didn’t see that before. (Although to be fair there were far less NBA stars)

3. I Say
    1:15 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

You just made my plans tonight. How much is it to get in?

4. Tarkanians Towel
    1:36 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

He is trash! Traveling around to elementary school in Kentucky, giving a 5 minute speech, and charging kids $20-$30 for an autograph!!! He’s a joke!

5. JackB
    1:37 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

“A bunch of dogs and dollar beer. What could go wrong?”
    -Guy who said, hey, let’s bring Santa to the Eagles game.

6. rixter
    1:50 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Come every May (NBA playoff time), the Legends have a plethora of former UK legends to choose from. Cousins, Wall, Patterson, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Jones, Lamb. In fact, other than Tayshaun, Orton, Teague and Liggins, they’re ALL available!

7. BBN
    2:00 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Love me some boogie

8. Bobbum man
    3:05 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

6- who would want to see Daniel Orton throw out the first pitch?

9. Delk for 3
    3:39 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

4 — I don’t blame DeMarcus. He’s just doing a favor for Jeff Sheppard. You need to realize it’s Jeff Sheppard who is organizing all these events with all types of players — not just DeMarcus. Jeff is the one who is really trying to make a living off of this business. I don’t really like that he’s pushing this on schools because I don’t think a school is any place to be selling autographs. I feel bad for the low-income parents who are getting hit up for 30 bucks from their kid because “all the kids are getting autographs.”

10. Delk for 3
    3:41 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

In the end, the presence of guys like DeMarcus in Lexington is why I think we get Andrew Wiggins. If Andrew is serious about getting better in the next year, what better place to do that than at UK? He will have all summer to hoop against many of the world’s best players.

11. Lukas Motley
    9:31 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Can he throw out a first pitch better than John Wall? The recruit for baseball? Haha! BOOGIE!