Demarcus Cousins Sent Home in Sacramento

cousins

Things don’t look great right now in Sacramento. According to a number or sources the Kings coach Paul Westphal says that Cousins has demanded a trade. Here is his statement:

“Whenever a new season begins, in any sport, there is great hope that everything will progress in only a steady, upward direction. As we all know, it seldom happens like that in this life!

As coaches, we can only ask that our players do everything they can to improve themselves as individuals and teammates. If they do this with all their hearts, we live with the results.

Everything that happens on a team does not become known to the public. This is how it should be. However, when a player continually, aggressively, lets it be known that he is unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team, it cannot be ignored indefinitely.

DeMarcus Cousins has demanded to be traded. In the best interest of our team as we go forward, he has been directed by me, with the support of management, to stay home from the New Orleans game tonight.”

That is the Kings’ side of things. Demarcus’s agent however says that is not correct. He told SI.com:

DeMarcus never demanded a trade. I’m surprised the Kings, if they believe the player wanted a trade, wouldn’t have made a phone call to his representative. Maybe Westphal is just feeling the heat early this season.

So at this point we do not know. What we do know is that all is not well in Sacramento. This story in the Sacramento Bee after last night’s loss to the Knicks suggests that the entire team is unhappy with the way Westphal is running his team and comments from guys like Chuck Hayes do make one wonder. Either way, I am a huge Demarcus Cousins fan both as a player and a person, and I hope all turns out well with him. He is a misunderstood guy who is genuinely a very good human being and I hope that whatever distraction is taking place will end up resolving amicably.

Article written by Matt Jones

101 Comments for Demarcus Cousins Sent Home in Sacramento

1. john g
    7:37 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

first!

2. kyeric
    7:40 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I like the part where he is misunderstood.

3. Delray Cat
    7:41 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Can a player demand a trade?? I thought you were stuck and under contract?

4. The Truth
    7:42 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

What a fool. However, he is right to want out of Sacramento. That team is going nowhere, and Westphal is a fraud of a coach. His team looks like a bunch of streetball wannabees.

5. what?
    7:44 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

4 – so Boogie is a fool but this statement was made by a “fraud coach”? If he is a fraud coach then why believe his statement and call Boogie a fool?

6. BigBlueSkyDog
    7:47 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

7. Steady
    7:49 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

He’s not that misunderstood…

8. blood
    7:55 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Boogie and Wall both need to lay off the candy. Improve their diets. Westphal is a dick though and not a pleasant person.

9. Paducahfan
    7:57 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I’m tired of hearing that he’s misunderstood. He better learn to get understood or he’ll find himself gone.

10. Buckeyefan98
    7:57 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Dude is misunderstood and a good guy? The guy is a thug that cant get along with no one not even his team mates. Is this the thug that started a fight with a team mate on a team flight? Arrogance is blue and its shown in this article. Bet if Cousins played at UofL he wouldnt be a good human being..

11. Paducah Patty
    8:00 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I love DeMarcus! He is a great player and person. My nephew went to his basketball camp and he couldn’t have been nicer or more open with the kids and parents. I hope he can go somewhere better than the Kings!

12. blood
    8:03 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

10) HURTS TO LOSE TO INDIANA, we know the feeling.

13. Catcomando
    8:04 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

A misunderstood guy…..yawn. He misunderstands life. This situation may be about Westphal more than Cousins, but Cousins is not a misunderstood guy to the Big Blue Nation……we all know he is a thug and if you can’t see that, then you really are not a good judge of character.

That being said, he is one heck of a basketball player!

14. GODSAZNO
    8:13 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Only a respected coach can corral Cousins’ temperment. And Paul Westphal isn’t one of them. It doesn’t help Cousins’ case that he shoots 2-10 from the field with 6 turnovers a game. A UK fan here, but Cousins is a bust right now.

15. Aaron
    8:16 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

He is absolutely not a good human being. He is an arrogant jerk. My 6 year old son asked him for an autograph and he told him no. Now, telling him no wasn’t a big deal. I understand that they get tired of signing and what not. But he puts his hand in his face and told him to “get the hell away” from him. Now, that was completely uncalled for. My son cried himself to sleep that night because he thought Cousins was the greates thing ever, his hero. So, he isn’t the big teddy bear that all the KSR guys like to make him out to be. He is an overgrown baby that has zero manners and needs a lesson in how to deal with his fans, mainly the young ones.

16. The Truth
    8:16 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

5 – He’s a fraud of a coach in that he sucks as a coach. I’m not doubting that Cuz went in there and demanded a trade for one minute. Demarcus has always been a handful. When it comes to benefit of the doubt, he doesn’t get it.

17. The Truth
    8:18 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

15 – You’re lying. Cousins didn’t put his hand in a 6-year-old’s face and tell him to get the hell away. Also, autographs are stupid.

18. Eazy E
    8:19 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I said when this guy left UK. He will lose his mind when he gets money. He needed more time in school for his maturity not his basketball abilty.

19. Me
    8:20 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Not good for UK. Owners know Cal is the ONLY one that can handle the egos of the high profile / diva ‘kids.’ It might be worth 5 or 6 mil to have Cal babysit your team if you are an NBA team…

PS, Big Cuz – as Bledsoe would say, ‘get sh!t right’

20. ktmiln2
    8:20 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Cousins is by far one of the nicest ball players I’ve ever met. I hope he finds a situation that helps him grow. But when even Hayes is saying things that make you wonder, you have to consider that maybe Cousins isn’t the problem.

21. Dennis
    8:20 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Big Cuz is a really good player for a really bad coach, simple as that and the right coach will make him an alstar.

22. horny uk fan
    8:24 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#13 and #15 are large douches!!!

23. Aaron
    8:25 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

17- I’m absolutely not lying my friend. I will lay my hand on a bible and swear to it. I guess you’re a big fan of his and don’t want to believe it, or you have had a good experience with him. But, this is how our experience with him went. It is the truth, exactly how it happened. I do think he is a good ball player and always enjoyed watching him, but like I said, he is an overgrown baby, a thug! Bottom line.

24. Charles
    8:25 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

The thing I will miss most about football being over is FAITH HILL singing to ME on Sunday night

25. nolablue
    8:26 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I lived in Arizona for a while during the time Westphal was coach for the Suns. I’m gonna take a wild guess
    that Westphal’s coaching style is about as far from what Boogie is used to, as possible. Westphal is a Californian
    with a California, specifically SoCal education and managerial style. Boogie’s a Southern Boy with a
    Southern education. That they are clashing is no surprise. See, back in the day, Westphal had trouble
    with another notable Southron basketball player, ‘name of Charles Barkley. They worked it out in
    the end, and I hope Boogie can work it all out too. Westphal talks a lot of Phil Jackson “let’s all
    meditate and touch each other” kinda jive like what Cal was jus sayin’… but remember, if it wan’t
    for Michael Jordan, those Westphal Suns woulda had a LOT of rings. Westphal’s no dummy.
    I don’t like his persona or his coaching style even a little bit– but he knows the game.

Boogie’s no thug. If anything, he’s expecting a good work ethic based on Southern values, and he’s
    come up against the whole “Let’s meditate together while we learn how to cheat and play dirty”
    type action. To boil it down to Kentucky ideals, it’s kinda like if John Wall had gotten stuck
    with Slick Rick. If you’re a hardworking person with certain kinds of morals, you don’t wanna
    sit around and talk about that SoCal NewAge managerial crap that passes for coaching.
    You wanna work, and you wanna win, and you wanna know that when you’ve won,
    you’ve won by hard work, not cheating and hurting guys on purpose.

Boogie prob’ly wants to put work in and talk strategy and WIN DIS THANG, and
    Westphal wants to hold hands and visualize taking guys out with an elbow in
    areas of the court that refs don’t usually see during certain plays.

Weird too, cause I thought something seemed a li’l wrong last night when Boogie hugged Jorts
    and then let go of him real quick when Jorts was still pattin’ him on the back. Wasn’t like
    Boog at all. His body language was funky. Tense. Now I can see why.

‘Was an interesting game too, from the perspective that D’Antoni was also once a Suns
    coach, and was well liked in Phoenix, and Stoudemire and D’Antoni are still goin’ strong
    together. D’Antoni’s style is much more like what Boogie, I’m sure, was hoping for
    and would thrive with, and which I think Jorts will thrive with as well.

Poor Boog, man. This has gotta be tough. Really sad to hear it. I wish him
    well, no matter what.

26. Whooty who
    8:30 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Westphal was a 5 time all-star, 3 time NBA 1st team, 1 time NBA 2nd team. He was a great coach with pepperdine & the suns. He knows the game. He is a no nonsense coach. They don’t have the overall talent of some of the western conference teams & not sure some are as coachable as they need to be. I would say the the players & coach are both at fault some.

27. The Truth
    8:30 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

23 – When and where did this happen? Actually, nevermind. I’ll never believe that story. I’m also not a huge fan of his. I like him alright, but he needs to grow up. However, I think your story is a complete fabrication.

28. Designated Drinker
    8:31 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Haha #10. The Chokeyes know all about thugs… Trade stuff for tats. WOW. Hey Urban should help you get back to a bowl to get pummeled by an SEC team again. And Thad can’t coach. Point Blank. Period. Go troll somewhere else Suckeye.

29. SacTown
    8:32 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I don’t like the sound of this. Hope it turns out great for ‘Cuz. (And hope Chuck doesn’t regret going there!)

FYI: Just listed on eBay, a pair of Row 12 upper (corner) for Saturday’s game against the Gamecocks…

30. skiner' back
    8:33 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I love how people only want to hear good things about former players. Not willing to believe that other people had bad experiences. Like #17 and #22. And #22, real original with douche reference! I bet your last name is Massengill!

31. epps2shep
    8:36 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

he’s gonna be a Piston. make it happen, Dumars. pull that trigger.

32. Aaron
    8:36 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

27- This happened at the All-Star game in Ownesboro. I’m telling you the total truth. He was a jerk all night long. He even was a smart ass to the announcer for the game. Money has brought the evil out in him. You don’t have to believe me, but, it’s the truth.

33. bung
    8:36 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

i like big cuz…i suspect cuz is being used for cover by the coach when the real prob is tyreke like last year. A guard that takes the most shots on the team sunday and had 3 assists is gonna cause trouble. By comparison rondo had 14 assists today.

34. bung
    8:37 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

what day is this?

35. Horny UK fan
    8:38 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#10 is a moron troll. You should worry about your screwed up fball program and how Sullinger coming back won’t do shit for your bball team either.

36. The Truth
    8:39 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

26 – I couldn’t care less what Westphal did as a player. He has NEVER been a great coach, in college or the NBA. At Pepperdine, he had one good year, then guided the team straight into the gutter. He’s guided exactly one team past the second round of the NBA playoffs in his entire career, and he can thank an MVP-caliber Charles Barkley for that.

37. Scarn
    8:40 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I like DeMarcus and everything, but this “he’s just a misunderstood guy” stuff needs to go away quietly. We’ve all got a past and we’ve all been involved in things that have left a lasting mark, but we have to move on and grow from those things. “Being misunderstood” generally doesn’t fly in the *real world* where many of us don’t get paid millions to put a basketball through a hoop. We don’t always have to be apologists towards former or current UK players just because they are affiliated with Kentucky.

If he wants to remove all of this negativity that surrounds him, he’s going to have to determine if he needs to change some things. There won’t always be an NBA team for him to go to, and more talented players than him have had their careers cut short because they were “misunderstood.”

38. The Truth
    8:42 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

29 – I don’t only want to hear good things. I just think that story is exaggerated at best, and fabricated at worst. I’ll be the first to admit that Cuz is no angel and he needs to grow up.

39. bballdoc
    8:43 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I sure hope Chuck Hayes can mentor Cuz. This is a serious time for his future in the League. Sounds like the whole team is in turmoil, but Cuz is a lightning rod if he opens his mouth. He isn’t perfect, but no one is and I really want to see him do well.

40. Designated Drinker
    8:47 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Who cares about your little brats honestly? Because someone doesn’t want to sign an autograph their a bad person? How about the parents who’s kids role models are athletes are bad parents? Honestly, their athletes not missionaries. I like players who are tough and arrogant. Raise your kids to boohoo over a basketball player there guys. And calling a basketball or football player a thug is just plain racist, period. The parents on here are pathetic not the 19 year old millionaire who YOU idolize.

41. ComeOnMan
    8:47 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

He was selfish and only in it for himself at UK, and hasnt changed a bit. He is the worlds biggest baby, grow up and shut up. Stop pouting and do your job.

42. Whooty who
    8:48 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

“the truth” I looked back at your previous posts and your basically saying what my last sentence said, just in a blow heart way. Maybe you should go have a beer. You seem very upset.

43. John
    8:50 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Cousins is the nicest player I have ever met in my entire life. He truly is misunderstood. Just cause he has a temper doesnt make him a thug.

44. The Truth
    8:50 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

41 – No, I’m not saying what you said. You said Westphal has been a great coach. I said the exact opposite. Also, what’s a blow heart?

45. Perfect Patterson
    8:54 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Please send him to the Wizards.

46. PinWHEEL
    8:55 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

People who ask for autographs should be arrested

47. Whooty who
    8:56 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

43, your obviously a young man with ADHD. I said in the last sentence. I agree with you about some of the players being hard to handle & westphal being to hard headed to handle them. Please go take your medication.

48. The Truth
    8:56 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

45 – I agree and thank you for the outstanding comment.

49. The Truth
    8:58 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

46 – That’s cool, Whooty who, make fun of something as serious as ADHD.

50. Blueworldorder
    8:59 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#25-if not for Jordan the suns would have multiple titles? They only went to the finals once.

51. Mark Hamilton
    9:03 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

A blow heart is similar to an escape goat. Does Westphal have a facebook page?

52. The Truth
    9:05 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Yes, 50, I never got a clear answer from Whooty who on what exactly a blow heart was. Thank you for clearing that up.

53. Nassau65
    9:05 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

15. B.S. lie. not only are you a troll, you are a tool as well.

54. Ball Eater
    9:13 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I wonder if Cuz would be willing to give back all the millions the team has given him…. has anyone ever heard this guy talk? I give you 10:1 you can’t tell me what he said. Maybe he can go play in Spain for a while.

55. Model Citizen
    9:15 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

This is surprising, Big Cuz has never been a troublemaker before…ooops.

56. bubbles
    9:17 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

He isn’t misunderstood…hes completely immature. I’ve seen him tell women to their face that he doesn’t know their ugly then get all hood in their face. But my whole perception of him changed at that poop night club in Lexington trust. We reserved the whole bck room out upstairs and he just waltzed in with his little buddies and tried to take it over

57. Whooty who
    9:21 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

///

58. Ciggy
    9:23 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Cuz needs to grow the f*ck up. He just doesn’t seem like he takes stuff that serious, I know it’s gotta hurt to lose so many games, and be on a shit team.

He needs to button up and line his shit out or he’s gonna be a joke, and NO UK fan wants to see him bust. I adore cousins, and I really hope he gets lined out.

That being said, i have no idea what freak show is going on there behind the scenes.

59. Jared Swopshire
    9:27 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Boogie is misunderstood for sure, and so is his ‘bow.

60. Junior Braddy
    9:31 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

These guys are successful at every level and when they leave UK they are going to play for the worst teams in the NBA. The millions are supposed to make the losing tolerable but I’m sure when you are talented and used to success, money doesn’t make losing any easier. I’d say he is frustrated and doesn’t know how to deal with it.

61. nolablue
    9:33 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#49 You’re right. I guess it just FELT like multiple runs because those of us cheering on Charles and the Suns
    at that time had our hearts broken so often and so mightily. They had to be one of the greatest teams that never
    won the title. I still say Westphal knows his hoops, but I wouldn’t wish his coaching style on anyone. And,
    of course the other “Bulls connection” is that his coaching style is very “Phil Jackson-like”. Which some say
    is a great and wondrous thing. I don’t happen to agree. I think teaching people how to play dirty and
    how to cheat is not honorable. Even if it DOES lead to multiple titles. I’ll still take an old hard nosed
    ******* that teaches people how to work and be touch, than a slimy jive talkin’ SoCal inspired hoops “guru”
    ANY DAY. I don’t want somebody in a slick suit with a morality problem, telling me I’m the greatest
    and it’s okay to hurt people to get what I want. I want somebody who is at the helm of a TEAM.
    An Adolph Rupp of a man, if you will. I think Boogie does, too. And he’s not getting that.
    Question is, can he find a place to thrive, where he can dig in and stay and make a living,
    or will he now learn the life lesson of how to thrive, even under the thumb of someone
    he doesn’t like, and who probably doesn’t like him either. It’s possible. Barkley did it.
    Boogie can too. I think in the end, Barkley and Westphal actually ended up liking each other.

62. nolablue
    9:34 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

>>I think teaching people how to play dirty and
    ******* that teaches people how to work and be touch<<

Oops. That’s supposed to be, “how to work and be TOUGH”. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, CAL!!!

63. uklaw95
    9:36 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#24 epic win! Especially in the black leather. In terms of big cuz it seems strange that he’s the one catching hell when he’s the one in the article saying they need to run the coach’s offense. I guess he could’ve been being sarcastic.

64. I say
    9:46 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Remember what DeAndre Liggins said about the 2010 team? “There was too may egos”. Who was he talking about? Wall? PPatt? Boogie? All of them? I would be my life Cousins was who he was talking about.

65. I say
    9:48 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Remember what DeAndre Liggins said about the 2010 team? “Too many egos.” Who was he talking about? Wall? Patterson? Cousins? I would guess it was Cousins….since Cousins commented about that comment on Twitter.

66. Syrin
    9:48 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

DeMarcus. Time to grow up.

67. Whooty who
    9:50 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

50-51: a loud mouth, a chatterbox. A person who speaks with emotion & arrogance but thinks with little clarity. Take your medication & go to sleep.

68. kyblue96
    9:57 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Cousins is a POS. Never liked him

69. Syrin
    9:59 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Wow, you fan bois are idiots. I bleed blue, but Cuz has been a problem at EVERY level. He YELLED at Cal and I honestly thought Cal was going to take a swing at him. I have heard from MANY people he can be an ass. Just because you met him one time and he was nice does NOT make him a nice guy. Everyone is nice most of the time, even the Jeffrey Dahmer’s of the world. You’re judged by how you are ALL of the time. You can’t be a total ass bag on Friday, but nice the rest of the week and have everyone think you’re a “good person”. It doesn’t work that way.

Cuz’s history is one of CONSTANT insubordination and immaturity. He needs to grow up.

70. nolablue
    10:02 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

…and don’t even get me started on working for the Maloofs. *laughing* What a MESS.
    They really have the PR spinning against Boogie though. I hope his agent fights like a… WILDCAT for him.

71. nolablue
    10:04 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Are you people trying to say “blowhard”? You’re not even spelling it right
    and making fun of each other for not knowing what it means? : P

blowhard
    [bloh-hahrd]
      Origin
    blow-hard

 [bloh-hahrd] Show IPA
    noun Slang .
    an exceptionally boastful and talkative person.

72. Syrin
    10:05 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

By the way, I don’t think it’s a co-incidence that he gets owned by Josh Harrelson, and he throws his damn hissy fit and demands to be traded. Harrelson got there throguh hard work and is taking nothing for granted. Cuz has a chip on his shoulder that some thug will take off with a hand gun if he isn’t careful. He needs to grow up quickly.

73. Paducah Patty
    10:07 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Did any of you read the article from the Sacramento Bee? DeMarcus sounded to me like a guy who was doing what his coach told him. As far as the haters if you did not see behavior herself and unless you are a mind reader and knows what someone thinks you need to keep your opinions to yourself and get your facts straight!!

74. Depoytown
    10:07 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

If you heard his interview with Andy Katz during the Kansas game at the Garden you know that the Kings aren’t dealing with,shall we say the “sharpest knife in the drawer”.

75. Syrin
    10:09 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#72, he’s had issues at EVERY level. WAKE UP fan boy.

76. OakRidge_Cat
    10:10 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Blow heart…..did you mean blowhard? Cause blow heart makes no sense. Why does ‘The Truth’ have such a hard time believing that Cuz was rude to a kid? Maybe the kid was a little pushy? Sacremento fires Westie before mid season, good chance Cuz gets traded and I could give a crap!

77. nolablue
    10:21 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Right now, Kings and Hornets about tied at the half. NOLA 40, Kings 38. I take it Boogie isn’t playing.
    Game isn’t on reg’lar TV here in NOLA. If the Kings go on another losing streak, those old “Anaheim
    Royals” talks are gonna crop up again. What a joke. Three NBA teams in a 60 mile radius. Ridiculous
    the NBA would even consider that. Would be nice if the team’d move to DOESNTEXISTVILLE
    ’cause then they could STFU about Colonel Cryptkeeper and the Chicken Bucket Chumps, and
    have an NBA team to keep ’em busy.

78. UKFANMC
    10:22 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

None of us know exactly how Cousins truly is. People shouldn’t name-call or bad-mouth him. With that being said, he needs to get his stuff straight soon b/c his career depends on it. I would hate to see one of my favorite players have a rough pro career.

79. nolablue
    10:22 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Syrin just called Paducah Patty a “fanboy”? *laughing* Uhhhhhhhm…

80. TheTruth
    10:22 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Big Scuz was a typical Memphis, thug player that cal typically had on the team. If he played there, 99.9% of you sheep would hate him.

81. nolablue
    10:24 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

No Truth, I would not hate him. I don’t hate any basketball player except Christian Laettner. Pointblankperiod.

82. Yep.
    10:24 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I find it completely believavle that Cousins would do that to a kid. Especially if it was after a game where he played bad or didn’tget his way. Had Cousins played for any other school, we would not be idolizing him, we would call it like it is.

83. UKFANMC
    10:25 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#68 is extremely trollish

84. MillerhasClass
    10:26 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Cal is an amazing coach. But hs one shortcoming is not turning players into men. Listening to Bledsoe, Wall and Cuz during interviews is an embarrasment.

85. RealityCheck
    10:28 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Any of you Big Cuz ball washers ever watch how he acted on the bench. when Cal would yank him out, he would take out that mouthpiece and proceed to cuss out the coaches.

86. nolablue
    10:30 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

87. Cousins
    10:33 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

At least don’t start fights with my own teamates. Terrence Jones, I’m looking at you.

88. nolablue
    10:34 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I don’t understand why on these boards, “Not Hating Someone” translates into “Worshipping Someone”.
    Y’alluh sure “all or nothing” aint’cha. You cain’t just wish a guy well? Even if you don’t really like him?
    How many times has Matt said he never really cared for Rondo, but is so thrilled Rajon’s doin’ well.
    The way y’all hate anyone you perceive as a “thug” is a bit suspect to me. So if a dude acts like a
    spoiled man-child and he wears cowboy boots and nuthuggers and a 10 gal. hat, that’s ok.
    But if he’s from a different culture than you, and he doesn’t act like you like… HATE!

Man we had such a good feelin’ in here (on here?) after there victory over the Tards, and the
    New Year starting, and now, just eatin’ Boogie alive. Even if he is a jackarse, why all the
    vicious comments? Good lord. That ain’t bleedin’ blue. That’s just bein’ rude.

89. Old_School
    10:42 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

87) Yikes. Guessing you never graduated from college.

90. North side
    10:44 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

You know!!!

91. Bottom Line
    10:52 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

If he went to UT or UofL, all of you blind sheep would think he was a thug and a piece of trash.

92. Buckeyefan98
    10:52 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#28 At least they were trading stuff they “earned” and not fighting other team mates. Maybe we will get pummeled by the SEC but I know that team wont be UK. Thad cant coach he has a winning record against CAL. Blue is the color of arrogance and Calipari isn’t the second coming.

#34 our screwed up football program If I were you I would be worried about whats going on behind the scenes with your basketball program that is the new Juco. I relish the day Calipari is caught with a lunchbox of cash.

93. Korean Tacos
    10:52 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Westphal is notorious for being a not so good players’ coach. Why do you think he was let go from the Suns and the Sonics. Players there had a problem with him too.

94. KYRealist
    11:07 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Cuz will see the inside of a prison one day, no doubt.

95. Buckeyefan98
    11:22 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I love how these UK fans act as though they have a personal connection with players like Cousins and John wall who were in and out and out of the program.

96. Just sayin
    11:42 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

The way you all use the word THUG is hilarious. Cuz is no thug. Thug is just a PC way for the old racist mentaltity of rural white KY to use the N word they way you did 30 years ago with no consequences.

97. Jay-Z
    1:17 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

I’m trading Blatch and some dead weight for my Cuz. Wall and my boy MGK and it’s on in Brooklyn.

98. gacatfan
    7:10 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

It is people like Cousins that make the NBA suck. Cuz wants to be a thug when he should be putting out 100% to improve his game. Anyone who puts down $50 bucks to watch that circus league gets what they pay for. A circus act. Cuz will end up back in Alabama walking the streets of Birmingham.

99. BurnerTurner5
    8:01 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

Cal should have never forced him out of UK. Cuz is not mature enough yet to handle the NBA. He should have been allowed to spend a few years in college to grow up.

100. Bballdoc
    10:19 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

It’s definitely true that Boogie needed more time to grow up before going pro. The guy wasn’t as mature as Wall or Bledsoe. Money isn’t everything, but that’s easy for us to say, when there’s no stack of cash in front of our nose. And these guys’ lives are all about competition, so he wasn’t going to be left behind.

101. quitmakingexcuses
    10:48 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

I am sick of people saying he just needs to grow up. This isn’t a growing up issue. Most people never act like this. He needs professional anger management badly. The guy is a walking train wreck.