Delgado names his top five schools, Kentucky included

Five schools sit atop Angel Delgado’s list and the University of Kentucky is one of them. The 6’9” power forward named Kentucky, Florida State, Virginia, Fordham and Seton Hall as his top five today. Delgado does not have an offer from UK, but if one comes, there’s no doubt he’ll jump at the chance to play for John Calipari and Orlando Antigua, his new Dominican Republic head coach.

Delgado, a Dominican native who moved to New York for his junior season of high school, will suit up for Huntington Prep this fall. He burst onto the scene at the Nike Peach Jam last month and will only climb higher up the charts once he gets rolling with a loaded Express team under Rob Fulford.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Delgado names his top five schools, Kentucky included

1. Al/in/Indy
    12:33 pm August 8, 2013 Permalink

I just heard about Uvel and IU game this year in Nu Yack. That lying chicken ish Crean. I just wonder how both teams are going to like playing that game in front of a bunch of homeless folks. Neither school travels well enough to fill a medium sized HS gym…..

2. Real UK Fan
    12:41 pm August 8, 2013 Permalink

Isn’t it great to have kids put Kentucky on their list of schools even when they don’t have an offer. I can remember back under the coach who shall not be named we couldn’t get on the top player lists even when they had an offer.

3. Bobbum man
    12:58 pm August 8, 2013 Permalink

Virginia, Fordham, seton hall?? I can see why he would jump all over an offer from UK

4. DH
    1:09 pm August 8, 2013 Permalink

1) As much as it pains me to say it, I bet that game will be packed with iu and ul fans. ul “fans” came out of the woodwork last year. They jump at any chance they get to thump their chests out of state

5. Louisville
    2:24 pm August 8, 2013 Permalink

No longer on his list. Shocker.

6. J in Orlando
    2:38 pm August 8, 2013 Permalink

1. At least we now have confirmation that IU wanted to cancel the UK series and it is only for that reason they would not play at neutral sites

7. bosshogg24
    2:50 pm August 8, 2013 Permalink

Delgado will be Great by the time he graduates, Got MKG qualities rebounder, relentless, motor probably be at UK if Cal offers!