DeAndre Liggins still living in Bruce Pearl and Scotty Hopson’s head

deandre-liggins-louisville

On today’s SEC Coaches Teleconference, Bruce Pearl spoke some about DeAndre Liggins, saying some nice things about his defense and noting that his teammates seemto have a lot of confidence in him.  But no one cares about that.  What we do care about is that Pearl told reporters that he didn’t like DeAndre Liggins trash-talking the Vols, though noted that it’s “part of the game”.  While Pearl’s petty opinion certainly out of character for him, it is amusing that the Pearl would frown on such displays of emotion considering what he brings to the table every season.  Year-in and year-out, there’s not another team in the SEC that runs their mouths like the Vols – most notably Scotty Hopson.  Given their propensity for doodoo-talking, it’s a wonder that the CDC hasn’t issued an alert for halitosis in Knoxville.  Of course, it could just be that selective memory creeping up again on ole Brucie.  He’s had memory issues before.

Given Bruce’s obvious disdain for trash-talking, you can be sure he had no further comments on the subject or any shots at DeAndre Liggins.  Oh, what?  He did?  Nevermind.  Later, Pearl said that he should have just let Scotty Hopson guard Liggins because “Liggins can’t score on Scotty.  Scotty can score on Liggins.”  Umm, Bruce, did you watch the game?  The only Scotty I saw was Scotty Smallballs and he shot 2-10.  And that Liggins guy, he scored 19 on you guys when you came to Rupp.  In fact, in two meetings this year, Scotty Smallballs is averaging 12 points on 5-18 shooting.  DeAndre Liggins has gone for 12.5 per game on 8-11.  Seems to blow up your whole theory there, huh?  Listen, just take your whoopin’ like a man.  And your early postseason exit too.  And the complete thrashing the NCAA is going to put on you this summer.  We don’t want this to get even uglier.

Remember:  Defeat is not an option.  You just picked a fight with a warlock.  Duh, winning!

Article written by Thomas Beisner

101 Comments for DeAndre Liggins still living in Bruce Pearl and Scotty Hopson’s head

1. Rush3Redux
    1:01 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

The whole Charlie Sheen thing just isn’t as funny now that he’s in on the joke.

2. miller time
    1:04 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

is gods gift achiwu(sp?) in the 2011 class…cause if we get him we’d have two gods gifts if deandre stays…run-on :/

3. MIKE Jones
    1:04 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Centaur blood runs rampant in our veins, beware Catlanta. Beware I say!

4. slappy
    1:04 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Sorry he got his feelings hurt.

5. The chinstrap
    1:05 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

We’re #15, #16. 4 seed should be locked up! 3 is a possibility!

6. Scoreboard
    1:05 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

UK 1 bazillion UT 0

7. jesco white
    1:06 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I love when I see the Cats running their mouths. It is one of the reasons I used to love watching Bobby Thuggins and Cinci. destroy UL with Kmart, or Fortson back in the day. Martin really used to run it. Bogans talked some smack, and I cracked up as I watched Liggins go on that tyraid when Tatum shot the free throws. You could tell it was all up in Hopsons head right away. I’m sure it was somehing to the effect of “you aint gittin ish the rest of the day”, because Hopson had scored moments earlier. Love it.

8. The Road to Eight is Paved with Pearl
    1:06 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

You know…Bruce Pearl is probably one of the most polarizing individuals in College Basketball. He is a perfect fit for UT and Knoxville. I will miss having someone so perfect to despise coaching on the UT sideline next year. His flamboyant coaching career is crashing all around him and the loud-mouthed fool has the audacity to get upset about Liggins’ trash-talking? If it weren’t Pearl I would say, “the nerve.” But it is Pearl and so it should be expected that he is ungracious in losing, arrogant in winning and exceedingly stupid at all other times.

Bye bye Brucie.

9. enes
    1:07 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

The original enes says: Pearl is classless. How can a man who is an admitted lier and cheater talk about a kid who played a good, honest game and helped to beat the Pearl thugs? This guy is a low life who has no business being a head coach. Only UT would continue their relationship with him. Beware the fake enes!

10. Alan Cutler's Fart
    1:09 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I adore Liggins in a healthy man-crush sort of way. I really like his overall game and the fact that he enjoys getting into guys heads. I lived in Chicago for a number of years and Liggins is the personification of Chicago. He and Darius are the two Cats that I most hope get shots in the NBA. Unfortunately, I think all the young talent will overshadow them in the eyes of the NBA scouts.

11. Cat in the Hat
    1:09 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Let’s give some love to Eloy Centaurgas !

12. Ricky Bobby
    1:09 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I love how Liggins was talking to Hopson! We’re winners and winners get to do what they want!

13. dmc
    1:09 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Beisner with another FASTBALL

14. Mr Schwump
    1:10 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Trash talk Pearl? You’re a freaking asshole, how’s that?

15. Bigbluecalizone
    1:12 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

This is Funny as Hell. Yea I’m going to miss ole Bruce, his perspiration, his tangerene colored clothing, those excellent Ribeyes on his grill tucked behind that security fencing. Thanks for the Memories.

16. dmc
    1:12 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Sounds like Pearl should “planbetter”

17. Here we go now
    1:12 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Seems I remember Bobby Maze and his UT teammates talking trash to Jodi Meeks In Knoxville the entire 2nd half when he was on his way to putting 50+ points on them. I never understood that 🙂

18. Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven
    1:13 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Liggins is the best lockdown defender we’ve had at UK in recent years. Pearl is a clown.

GO BLUE

19. Big Blue 66
    1:14 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

when asked by my 8 yr old son how he should play….i just say like Liggins, but after this trash talking I tell him…..play exactly like Liggins!! Liggins is the freakin man

20. jeremy
    1:14 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

they losers, they sore losers

21. The Hoff
    1:15 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Maybe Hopson should pen another email to the students telling them that Liggins shouldn’t guard him so close. It is hurting his point average.

22. hoofhearted
    1:15 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

So Beisner, where did you find/read these ridiculous comments from Pearl?

23. Bigbluecalizone
    1:15 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Maybe they’ll hire him at Texas Tech since Baby boy Knight got the axe this morning. Sometimes, there just ain’t enough chairs to throw.

24. dmc
    1:17 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

22) It was Pearl on the SEC teleconference. Am I the only one that thinks Hopson should be part Kid n Play with that hair cut?

25. The Real Hambone
    1:17 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

LOL… “DooDoo Talking”…CDC… “Halitosis Warning” classic stuff Mr. Beisner.

26. Blueburg
    1:17 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Pearl is just whinin like a little b!t€h. It wasn’t too long ago they came to Rupp, talkin trash and wearin their bling with a high ranking and Ramel, Ppat and co handed them their a$$. “Who’s your daddy Bruce!?” Maybe he’s the answer for the Heat? I think he’d be just as good a cardboard cutout/coach as Lebron had in Cleveland.

27. Assistant Coach
    1:17 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

The Vols can be down twenty late in the game yet the team continues to shuck and jive. You are one hell of a coach Sweaty Bruce!

28. voice of reason
    1:18 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

pearl’s comments are that of a desperate man

29. Hard Hittin' CAT
    1:21 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I could watch Liggins trash talk with Hopson all day. Hopson : Deandre’s b!tch

30. Alan Cutler's Fart
    1:21 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

If memory serves me, Liggins had two more dunks than good ol Scotty Smallballs. Suck on that Brucie.

31. Porcino's
    1:22 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Hey Bruce…Jodie Meeks just hit another 3.

32. Claw
    1:23 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I am disappointed in Liggins performance Sunday. Disappointed because I wanted to see him pop the Fresh Prince Of Hopson in the nutz.

33. Liggins
    1:25 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I was “trash” talking because I thought I was at a garbage man convention and I was just trying to talk shop with those boys.

34. coreynichols
    1:26 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

can we get a post directing people to the dunk-of-the-year contest on facebook to vote for terrence jones?

35. macon_volfan
    1:27 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

what Bruce said (that you didn’t quote) was the he should have put Scotty on Liggins, because Liggins can’t score on Scotty. Liggins wasn’t guarded by Hopson, and Pearl regrets that. Doesn’t make the comments any less dumb, but gives it context, at least.

And UT isn’t as bad as some on running diarrhea during bball games as some team. Just one of the many teams (UK included) that talk, talk, talk. Not all the players, but many. And as far as UT goes, Scotty isn’t bad at all compared to former Vols JP Prince and JuJuan Smith. Man, those guys jawed. Honestly, the current crop of Vols (or Cats) don’t really talk that much.

36. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    1:27 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Hey Hopson, how does DeAndre’s ass taste?

37. GoCats2
    1:29 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

#35 enough of that nonsense, lets get down to the real question everyone is wondering about….Ab contest this year?

38. Go Vols!
    1:31 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Uh, 15 ponts > 6 points. Plus Scotty fouled Liggins out. So Scotty won the game for us if the refs hadn’t done been coddling Jones like his momma’s bobie.

39. William Braskey
    1:31 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Hopson is just an a$$clown, has been since high school. He set his propensity for douchiness his frosh year when he started laughing after he made an arching rainbow three as UK was up huge on UT. Kid is a turd through and through and now can look forward to the D league. How’s that Top 10 ranking look now Rivals?

40. Will they let me in GA dome with a poster saying “Scottie Smallballs”? I sure hope so.

41. Capnmonkey
    1:33 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Scotty Smallballs had one of these dreams last night where he was running down a hallway and Liggins was chasing him, but it was like he was running through quick sand and no matter how hard he ran Liggins just kept getting closer.

42. KYStout
    1:33 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I’ll tell you what – Liggins is the last person on our team I would pick a fight with (metaphorically speaking, duh). Dude is an absolute scrapper.

43. DavenderCatTheSequel
    1:35 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Scotty said he picked UT so Pearl could make him a “one & done.” Looks like he’ll end up as a “four & none.”

44. Claw
    1:36 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

35) What part of the bolded quote in the second paragraph didn’t you see? I should head to Macon, stop for a Nu-Way hotdog and then proceed to pop you in the nutz. LOL

45. Let's Get Real
    1:36 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

35 – You forgot bobby maze.

46. hitthedeck
    1:38 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

there was an instance where Hopson checked back in the game while Terrence Jones was at the line and you can plainly see Hopson running his mouth to Terrence while trying to cover his mouth with his jersey. Terrence hit the free throw and turned around a laughed at Hopson. What a joke Bruce Pearl is

47. The Real Pioneer
    1:39 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

LIGGINS WOULD BE A GREAT WELCOME TO ANY WILDCAT TEAM ESPECIALLY THE ONE 1984 FINAL FOUR SQUAD, ALTHOUGH HE WOULD HAVE TO PLAY BEHIND THE GREAT TROY MCKINLEY!

48. Go Vols!
    1:40 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Scotty as senior and Tobias as a Soph will be UNSTOPPABLE next year!!!!!!!!!!! 16-0 in conference and blowout WINS at RUPP craprena!!!!!!!

49. SUV
    1:40 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

35) How do you know who talks and who doesn’t? Are you on the floor with them? Yeah, thought so.

50. 43 hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

51. Smack Talk
    1:41 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

38- Seriously? Must be a UT grad with that “done been” shizzle.

All I can say is I am reminded what Patterson said last year in reference to the Vols “they talk smack when they are winning and they talk smack when they are losing” and then he said (I’m pretty sure) “they never shut up”. Once again Pearl reveals his hypocracy.

52. UKChillFan
    1:43 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Thanks #17 I was thinking the samething. I think PPat even suggested they might want to be quiet!

53. SUV
    1:49 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

48) With probation coming? Scotty will be in Greece next year, leaving the burden on an unprepared Harris.

54. Scotty Hopsons Letter
    1:52 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Looks like that email Scotty sent out a few weeks ago to the student body didnt work out so good. The Kentucky loss had to have been almost expected, but Mississippi St.? At least he tried hard.

55. Blue Chip
    1:53 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Dear Go Vols, you can’t be serious. Brucie, Scotty Smallballs, and Harris won’t be in Knoxville next year. Coach will be fired, and neither of the other guys will want to play at a college on a post season ban.

56. Scotty Hopsons Hair
    1:54 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Please cut me. It isn’t working.

57. leroybyrdthethird
    1:58 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Enjoy playing Thursday Vols. I understand both your (road) fans will be there.

58. Hootie
    1:58 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Me thinks Bruce The Douche doth protest too much.

59. Bigbluecalizone
    2:00 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Not Only Will Brucie Be Gone, So Will The A.D. He Will Not Survive This. Both He and Pearl Will Resign As Soon As The Snitches Are Eliminated From The Tourny,,,Assuming They Even Get In. They Are Not Going To Wait Until The Dance Is Over, They Will Resign While It’s Still Going On To Try To Blend Into The News Cycle.

60. Go Vols!
    2:00 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Only time before Cal gets caught paying players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then Bruce will take over the SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61. macon_volfan
    2:01 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

#37-ATL is the site of the original ab contest. Who knows. This site may be too ‘big time’ for my abs.
    #44- only if you get me nu-way ice for my sack after you pop me there.

62. Go Vols!
    2:01 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

26-0

63. Good Lord
    2:01 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Considering that Liggins poured in 19 points on that dumb bastard back on 2/8, you’d think he’d shut up about anyone shutting down Liggins.

Even more laughable is the notion that Hopson can defend anyone.

The good thing for idiot Vol fans is that it is unlikely that either Hopson or Brucie will be around to see Liggins ever again.

64. The Scarlet Pumpernickel
    2:02 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

48 – ………BWAHAAAHAAAHAAAA!!!!! It’s monday and I needed that. Thanks dude

65. Good Lord
    2:04 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

#62 Probation

66. mgcat
    2:07 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I’d be willing to bet that every fan from every school except Tennessee will be rooting against Brucie “the Pearl” and his squad of thugs later this week.

67. macon_volfan
    2:12 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

#66-I can understand the BP part, but the kids on UT’s team are not more or less thugs than any other team in the SEC.

68. 67. U must wear a headband around ur house. A thug and a wanna be thug are same thing in my book.

69. Cash
    2:18 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

i love to hate tennessee

70. that guy
    2:18 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

@ GoVols!:

When Calipari gets busted personally breaking NCAA rules, that will be the first time. I’ll admit that some of Cal’s players have had questionable grades. But Cal has never had a barbecue over at his house and had somebody at the party dumb enough to photograph it.

71. Cat in the Hat
    2:19 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Liggins is gonna whoop dat ass !!!

72. macon_volfan
    2:19 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

seriously, that’s really the one thing that bothers me about rival fans, throwing the ‘thug’ word around based on headbands, tats, or other non-sense. You probably think that Goins is a thug (headband, tats) but he was recognized by the local MS organization for all the (non courts ordered) volunteer work he does with the organization. His is sister has MS. Books should be judged by more than their covers.

73. Syrin
    2:29 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Why is no one mentioning that Scotty Smallballs should have been T’d up for punching/shoving Doron Lamb? The guy is classless.

74. MadCatter
    2:36 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

67) Well, maybe not *THIS* year! 😉

75. GoBigBlue))
    2:38 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

@66 – macon-volfan
    Umm…didn’t Goins get ejected from last year’s SEC Tournament game for intentionally throwing an elbow into the groin of Demarcus Cousins? Man, I wish college athletics had more upstanding student-athletes like him.

76. macon_volfan
    2:38 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

and I meant fans from any school calling kids from any school that. Not just UT. I was disappointed at the UT fans using ‘Thuggins’ for Cousins. I don’t know the kid, don’t care too actually, but I can’t judge if he’s a thug. He did wear a headband #68, so there’s that criteria met I suppose.

77. macon_volfan
    2:40 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

#75-one bow to the junk a thug doesn’t make. I pray God doesn’t judge you for 1 bad event in your life full of good deeds.

78. UK_Fan
    2:41 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Kentucky + Calipari = The Greatest Place to play college basketball. Why would Calipari need to pay anyone to come play at UK. Last time I checked, kids are lining up at the door to play for the Cats….3 consecutive #1 recruiting classes.

79. Matt in Franklin
    2:47 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

#77—You’re jail-jumpsuited team is inferior, face it. They’re so bad, I bet even God hates them. Now, when the first of the month comes around, stay out of our Walmart. You TN tards use up all of the Walmart powerchairs.

80. macon_volfan
    2:49 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

#79-? I live in Georgia. Why would I travel to KY for a Wal-Mart? Plus, I’m not fat nor disabled, so I don’t require a power chair.

81. Southbeachwildcat
    2:50 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

48) Harris is going Pro bud and possibly Hopson as well

82. DerbyDemon
    2:50 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

#72–Pardon me while I play the grand piano.

83. Coach Wade Houston
    2:52 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Heads up, I met with the AD this weekend. As soon as the season ends for the Vols & Brucie, I’ll be coming home to Thompson Boling Arena. (Love that Rocky Top)….Allan will be joining the staff, along with Steven Pearl….Here we come SEC, 26-0!

84. OrvilleofMonkeysEyebrow
    3:02 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Ligs did what the situation called for…we need an enforcer. This aint nuthin new for b ball.

85. LexDoc
    3:06 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

72, I can understand the frustration in judging a book by it’s cover, but they are some lowdown, dirty snitches. Did you not see Drew Franklin’s FB? There isn’t a double standard like Pearl would like to think. He touts himself for “ratting out” cheaters as a “clean” coach, but then turns around and gets caught!? If that isn’t the pot calling the kettle black, I don’t know what you would call it. He plays the situation to his advantage.

Just like an unnamed basketball player breaking the back of his baby’s momma and an unnamed player who beat his girlfriend’s dad up over an argument about a hairbrush. Mind you that doesn’t compare to just over a year ago a number of UT basketball players arrested for drug and weapons charges. And you’re worried about a title? If it walks like a duck…

86. Ky Stuck in Tenn
    3:08 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Only reason Bruce is still at UT he has pictures of Hamiliton and him nude painted orange running in the smokies!!!!!!!! What a damn joke UT is when they lose as they have never been beaten by a better team they always got some BS excuse

87. hersheyisabear
    3:11 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

80) Please gtfo.

88. OrvilleofMonkeysEyebrow
    3:13 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I bet Ligs fired up the Wildcats with it…..smells like team spirit….

89. macon_volfan
    3:20 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

#87-I don’t watch Jersey Shore, but the term is gto (gym, tan, laundry).

90. Jimtown Catfan
    3:36 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Hopson whole season, and career for that matter, was summed up on one loose ball on the Cats end of the court. Ball on the court, 5 Cats diving for it. A couple Vols scrapped for it. Hopson was the closet Vol to the ball and never attempted to get on floor after. Instead he was hoping for the ball to squirt out and he could get an uncontested dunk to get his points. Hes a lousy college player, he will not make the NBA (will play overseas somewhere), and he is Liggins’ bitch!!
    Vol fans if you are pinning your postseason hopes on Hopson…. you are living a pipe dream!!!

91. Women Everywhere
    3:50 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Scotty can also push Liggins…push im real good….”an alternative to defense”

92. Boogiewoogie
    3:53 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Scotty Hopson sucks. Bruce Pearl is just pissed because not one of his players has a heart as big as Liggins. Liggins owned the Vols this year. At Rupp he owned them with his offense and at Boiling-Thompson or whatever the F–k it’s called, he owned them with his D.

You the man DeAndre. Ignore both of these clowns.

93. Al's IndiCats
    3:56 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

91 that wasn’t the only time either he pushed him hard at the foul line, later in the game. You Da man DeAndre, guard that eraser headed dip stick

94. blitzedanddazed
    4:28 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Eric Bledsoe would have kicked Scotty Hopson’s ass yesterday. I am shocked that Liggins didn’t shut the “Hoptown Punk” up during the game. Bruce Pearl is a Jagoff snitch that has zero respect from the other coaches of the SEC. Pearl is on the same level as the Tards coach, Ricky Three Stacks. Neither could get a job at another school either at the college or pro level. What is even more amazing is how similar Tommy “Turtleneck” Jurich and Mike Hamilton are as athletic directors—-both are scum who live off the head me downs of their basketball coaches.

95. GODSAZNO
    4:55 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Liggins also stopped Hopson from doing the John Wall dance.

96. go vols is a nutsack
    5:00 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Who will u have on ur team next year ? Hopson overseas to play, Harris to the NBA, Goins overseas, Williams taking his stash to Dairy Queen, Pearl x2 to who knows where.

97. UKCATS
    5:23 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Can’t wait for the Buzz Peterson days to return.

98. sunnycat
    5:58 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

Hopson is a punk ass momma’s boy. If he couldn’t play ball he never would have went to high school at University Heights Academy in Hopkinsville. I know they were glad to see Hopson graduate so his momma would quit calling the coach after EVERY game or practice. UK never went after him that hard because they were already dealing with Legion’s mom and did not want the headache dealing with Jeanette Hopson.

99. dustyblues
    5:59 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

I remember during the game that Scotty Hopson gave an uneccessary elbow to Doron Lamb…Pearl is horrible. ..He cheers every time the whistle is called in his favor and bitches when it goes against them on every whistle…

100. bluetooth
    7:19 pm March 7, 2011 Permalink

eraser head hopson is a mediocre player on a good day . the entire team seems moody and disjointed . they wont go anywhere in sec or the big dance . as for pearl , bet this is his last season for the knox county jails community service director

101. bell ladycat
    9:43 am March 8, 2011 Permalink

Bruce Pearl is Stupid! Thats why Hopson was 2-10 !!! Liggins ate his back out on D!