DeAndre Liggins sent to the D-League

This post was really just an excuse to post this picture.

DeAndre Liggins has been reassigned to the D-League’s Tulsa 66ers, along with fellow Thunder teammates Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb. Liggins has played in 33 games this season for Oklahoma City, averaging 1.6 points, 1.5 rebounds and 8.0 minutes. During his previous assignments to Tulsa, he appeared in six games, averaging 10.2 points, 7.0 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 1.8 steals and 37.2 minutes.

14 Comments for DeAndre Liggins sent to the D-League

1. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    2:02 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Best of luck to one of my faves

2. Warren Oates
    2:05 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

True warrior…..one of the keys to us beating Ohio State and NC in 2011final four run .

3. Maxbps8
    2:11 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Ditto #1. I always loved D’s passion and hustle. He was a great off-the-ball defender that caused many-a steals. He was great at coming off his man to tip a ball away from a teammate’s guy. Great defender and passer; two of my favorite things to watch. Best of luck, Deandre! We are with you, believe in you, and can’t wait to see you become the best 6th man in the nba.

4. GoCats
    2:16 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Seems like as the NBA season progresses, teams shorten their bench and prepare for a run at a title. Makes sense to send players to D-league to get minutes.

5. Jason
    2:31 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

That 3 he hit against Carolina was one of the biggest shots in UK history IMO

6. hersheyisabear
    2:41 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Dammit, DeAndre.

7. Jus Sayin
    3:04 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Liggins will be in the NBA for a while. He managed to crack the lineup even in OKC’s deep back court

8. Adam
    3:09 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

i love this picture its one my favorites he went through so many positive and negatives was glad to see him reach his dreams to get in NBA with out cal i don’t think it would have happened he brought out Liggins best

9. uk,uk
    3:16 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

#7 I agree. Just wish they wouldve traded the man instead. Okc i like em, but westbrook n all those guys are ball hogs. No wonder he averageas so little. I watch most of games and all the ball does is go from durant to westbrook n ibaka. I think he could better else where. Wish sacramento had him!

10. WVCatFan
    3:54 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

“That was celebration time.” Talk about somebody accepting his role. I think DeAndre’s willingness to just play to his strengths (which took a while for him to acquire) will keep him in the league. He’ll never be a star, but he’ll get minutes somewhere.

11. Judy
    5:01 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

One of my favorite players!

12. Viren
    6:01 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Every time I see DeAndre Liggins hitting a 3 pointer from the right corner and Cal calling him to give him the biggest kiss is one of my highlight moment from that season. It was a picture perfect transformation that Cal made it work. Great stuff– Keep working hard DeAndre #BBN is always pulling for you.

13. Duke Sucks
    8:00 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Got a lot of respect for this young man! It took a lot of maturity to go from refusing to enter a game when his number was called, to being a glue guy on the bench. He thrived in the bench role which is a big adjustment for a blue chip high school recruit.
    If Bruce Bowen can make a long career out of playing D and doing the little things Liggins can too. There is a place for him in the NBA on the right team. Looks like the Knicks or Lakers would be salivating to get a player like him with his skill set!

14. Hustle
    8:58 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

You had to like Liggins no matter what. He pissed off Billy G!!!