Davis and Miller make NBA Preseason Debut

Two of Kentucky’s finest took the court for the first time against the Orlando Magic in the NBA Preseason, winning 85-80. Anthony Davis started at the Small Forward position, with Al-Farouq Aminu at Power Forward, and Robin Lopez at Center. As strange as it is imagining the Brow playing a 3-spot, he had a pretty decent game finishing with 8 points, 8 rebounds , and 2 blocks in 24 minutes of playing time.

Darius Miller did not appear in the game until the 4th quarter, but the 2nd round pick scored 5 points in the last 8 minutes, including a 3-pointer.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

14 Comments for Davis and Miller make NBA Preseason Debut

1. Will Totten
    7:12 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

They’d be stupid to keep Davis at the 3 and take away a huge percentage of his naturally blocking ability. That’s the reason you drafted him #1, because of his defense, but then you’re gonna turn right around and make him guard a 3, who for the most part stay on the perimeter? Makes no sense.

2. rayray
    7:28 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

They both suck!

3. bluetooth
    7:34 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

1 will … they are just playin around testing and expiramenting all will be ok . number 2 rayray … i think u suck , get back to the card chronicle

4. tabb
    7:39 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

Guess I’m gonna have to break down and get the NBA league pass since most of my favorite former UK players are on horrible teams that will seldom be on TV.

5. DariusFan
    7:55 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

Darius wearing the number 2, but will always be number 1 to me. Hope he gets a chance to play some minutes. #3, agree with about #2!

6. J A Brooks
    8:02 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

Yeah Darius wearing the Deuce is throwing me off…

7. kentuckygentleman
    8:12 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

#2 troll, get lost!

8. Mack
    8:44 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

Replay of the Hornet’s game now on the NBA chan.

9. zah
    9:10 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

I think our boys did great! They made Kentucky Proud…. our lil boys in blue are growin up. To our NBA stars: we r here for you.. wish you the best.— to our boys livin in the Coal Lodge: Welcome to Kentucky, you’re gonna like it here…… Yea Buddy.. I cant wait to see that big #3 goin’ for the block record! It’s gonna be another great year and I’m proud to be a true Kentuckian and a Wildcat Fan!! C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!!

10. zah
    9:27 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

imagine this… oh my.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYpwWYw7lvc both these guys on the same team…plus the harrison twins… and maybe wilchy or c-stien…. insane record breaking recruiting class… 40-0… will go down in history as being the best team ever…. well……. until the next years cats come along.

11. Mrs Patterson
    9:59 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

It’s seriously awesome to see those two together in the same jersey. Go Hornets (uhhh, did I just say that?)

12. Iucansuckabigblue.....
    10:14 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

I hope they both stay in the league for a long time. I think once Darius adjusts to the speed he be a great player.

Go Big Blue!!!

Oh , hey #2 Its still been about 30 years since your last championship. I know that must really hurt. Go back to your Bird cage site. Dummy Loseville fans.

13. Iucansuckabigblue.....
    10:18 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

he will be*

14. Jeff
    11:04 pm October 7, 2012 Permalink

I ordered mines at this link. Brought tears to my eyes as I relived the journey of that season. Go to Amazon to order your copy. It was produced by UK legend Derek Anderson. Tyrese Gibson is also narrating the movie. After a magical season like last year it showed me that the legacy of Big Blue Nation lives on. Coach Cal has his hands on the recruitment process so we are looking forward to a repeat this year!! Go Big Blue!!