Dave Telep gives Kentucky a 20-percent chance

wiggins-sign

What’s that? You want more Andrew Wiggins predictions? We can do that.

Over at ESPN.com, recruiting expert Dave Telep handicapped the recruiting race for Wiggins in his latest blog post. Telep gave each team a percentage chance for winning Wiggins’ services and then explained why he would or wouldn’t pick each school.

Kentucky?

Telep gave the Wildcats a 20-percent chance because of chemistry concerns. He wrote, “In my opinion, it didn’t appear the UK recruits went hard to recruit Wiggins — and if there was a bond formed, it was top secret and behind the scenes. When you have this many good players already coming, it takes a special group to open its arms and welcome in another top player. I haven’t seen that in my travels.”

Florida State is the favorite, according to Telep, at 35-percent, ahead of Kansas at 25 and North Carolina joining Kentucky at 20-percent.

Article written by Drew Franklin

83 Comments for Dave Telep gives Kentucky a 20-percent chance

1. catfanatic
    1:07 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

thats 110%. lets hope his predictions is as bad as his math

2. can't wait
    1:08 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Am I the only one that hopes he comes, but am more excited that this will all be over soon?

3. Musehobo
    1:09 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

No it’s %105. And it’s %105 idiotic.

4. Jason

#1) 35+25+20+20 = 100

8. shagariobrzut
    1:11 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

20+35+25+20=100 guys

9. Musehobo
    1:11 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Correction: It’s %100. Read it too fast. Thought he lumped UNC with KU not UK.

10. Scotty
    1:11 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

35+25+20+20 is 100….

11. Chris
    1:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Try again people. 35 + 25 + 20 + 20 = 100

12. me
    1:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

oh my god basic arithmetic failure coupled with extreme pedantry makes my spleen hurt.

13. btowncatfan
    1:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I think we have a 70% chance of landing him 30% of the time.

14. Porcino's
    1:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t he also say Randle to Kansas before Julius committed to Kentucky?

15. Grammar King
    1:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Wow, I’ve never seen such differing “opinions” on the sum of four numbers. Keep up the brilliant work, Comments Section.

16. Happychandlersvocalchords
    1:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Ummm no…..35+25+20+20=100

17. catfanatic
    1:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

my bad thought kansas was at 35% too. still hope we get wiggins

18. bigabes4uk
    1:13 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

SO we’ve gone from the favorite to last? OK….

19. Maf is tuff
    1:15 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Leave it to UK fans to not be able to add to 100.

20. SexnNursinHomes
    1:16 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Did Telep even bother to read any of the media notes out of those high school all star games? Our recruits told media that they were not going to bug AW about UK. This is why the man has gone full blown retard.

Randle to Kansass ~Telep./

21. Jen
    1:17 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Telep scouts and ranks junior high kids. I’ll pass on giving his opinion any validity.

22. catfanatic
    1:17 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

leave it to u of l fans to not have anything better to do than spend all their time on a u of k website

23. Jezz
    1:18 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

This guy is pretty much always wrong.

24. ThankfulCat
    1:19 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

NO ONE KNOWS WHERE WIGGINS IS GOING EXCEPT WIGGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Wiggin'sParents
    1:19 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

All this speculation and our son is going to Fl St just like we wanted him to all along, so bad math or not it doesn’t matter one bit.

Maf is tuff, #19, go back to your Cardinal blog and you get off this UK site!

26. CBS news
    1:19 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

ESPN had Barker going to South Carolina.

27. Jason
    1:19 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Here’s mine Florida State and Kentucky 40%, Kansas 18% and North Carolina 2%.

28. SeoulCat
    1:20 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Ah, ye olde Dave Telep kiss of death. I guess that means FSU is out of the equation.

29. Kentucky Waterfalls
    1:22 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Love how you hillbillies assume every negative comment comes from UL fans. There are plenty more fan bases that loathe UK and their fans.

30. WatchinginCali
    1:28 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

@Kentucky Waterfalls – And yet, somehow, they all end up here. On a UK blog. If I had your life and this was the best way I could find to spend my time I would consider killing myself. Go get a life.

31. [email protected]
    1:29 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

29 – those fan bases find better things to do. It’s mainly you jobless, living in your mom’s basement, Tards that troll here. Occasionally a Hoosier taking a break from the corn field, but 9 times out of 10 (which is 90% in case you need help) trolls are Tards.

32. Bobbum man
    1:29 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I give telep a 20% chance I don’t kick him in the nuts next time I see him

33. DUMMY DUM DUMZ
    1:29 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

35 + 25 + 20 + 20 = 100

Can’t beilve no on has ponted that out yey

34. sdkjfg
    1:30 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I predict this guy is 20% of hooking up this weekend with a drag queen down in Key west.

He’ll pick uk goodnight

35. L1C4
    1:31 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

You hillbillies want to know why no one loathes UL like they do UK? Because even after winning the Sugar Bowl and the basketball NC, no one knows who we are. We are still irrelevant to 49 states. Lyeah!

36. gottodoit
    1:31 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Telep is right, but it’s not great insight.

It’s the wishes of mom and dad. Not sure if it’s Andrew’s, but that doesn’t count.

37. monte
    1:32 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

all of our recruits especially Randle tried many times to get Wiggins on board. Randle would try to show Wiggins on the court why he should join the Cats. the more we wanted him it seemed to make Wiggins shy away from the attention….when asked, Wiggins stated that the person who he would like to pass him the ball the most was Harrison. I don’t think our recruits should beg anyone to join a very special class. Wiggins may just not want to compete everyday and may want to cruise in practice. If he comes to UK great…but without him we still have a power house that is very deep Wiggins needs to grow up…even if he attend UK he needs some maturity. Cal is the one he can gain the most from…. make any excuse you want to but don’t tell me our recruits did not go after him…

38. Welcome
    1:35 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

#29. We forgot about you IU fans.

39. SexnNursinHomes
    1:36 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

37- I wills ay that our recruits did not bother him. Your short term memory is bad. “Randle would try to show Wiggins on the court why should join the Cats” That makes no sense at all. So Randle bugs AW about UK phsyically not verbally. Randle must use mental telpathy. Ther are MANY quotes about the recruits saying that would not bother AW at those games. Kennedy Meeks of unc did, Selden of ku did, but UK recruits did not bug AW. Prove me wrong.

40. The Word
    1:38 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins will NOT be attending UK. Closed annoucement and only ONE reporter… Book It Dano!!!

41. Ryne
    1:38 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

The only math you need to know:
    1+2+1+5=9
    12:15 coinsidence I think NOT!!
    Come on down!!!

42. dccat
    1:39 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I guess all of the Florida St McD AA’s were much more welcoming.

43. UK#9
    1:40 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Lies, Lies, Lies. Anyone who says they know anything (other than Andrew & Family) is flat out guessing or lying. Kentucky has 25% chance = 1 out of 4 just like the others. Wiggins seems like a good kid, and i hope he chooses UK, but if not I wish him the best elsewhere. Go Cats!

44. Sex panther
    1:44 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

60% of the time, UK gets him everytime.

45. CrankFace69
    1:46 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Anybody else notice how much the Harrison twins squint. I think they need glasses.

46. I'll keep saying it
    1:47 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

From the exact same source that told me Nerlens to UK, Randle to UK, and Shabazz to UCLA (bc of family) has said ALL along that he wouldn’t trade our place with anyone in this recruitment. Wiggins will be a cat.

47. BCG
    1:47 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

UK fans need to get 23.45% tougher on math skills.

48. SEMENole
    1:47 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

No way this kid goes to UK. He grew up coming to Tallahassee for the summers! This is his second home! You poor fools.

49. Demo1975
    1:47 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

#47! I’m with you, numbers don’t lie!

50. Teachable Mo'
    1:48 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I’ll give Kentucky 99.999999%, North Carolina 99.9999998%, Florida State 99.99999998942%, and Kansas 99.9999999999999999999999999999%.

Why? Because I’m just a generous kind of guy.

51. Sam
    1:48 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Drew Barker calls a press conference to announce UK. Why? Because people would be cheering that decision, obviously.

If Barker had not wanted to disappoint so many, he would have just committed privately, just as Wiggins is doing.

THAT is the biggest foreshadowing of what is to come. And very unfortunate for UK. Since he’s a people-pleaser, with mommy and daddy being the most important people he has to please, I’d say he picks FSU. If that is true, shame on the parents for steering him to an illogical choice. UK clearing matches the goals he personally has, but the parents may not have the maturity to let him make his own decision. If it were up to him, HE HIMSELF has said he wants to go where his team will win the NC, and will big overall, and where he can best prepare for the NBA. Hello? That is UK.

But if you throw in the demands of parents who have personal agendas, then you see why the Wiggins is so conflicted.

52. TeachEmBoutKentucky
    1:48 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Maths are hard.

53. DTuck
    1:50 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I’ve seen a national trend from the recruiting analysts starting with Noel. The national media were predicting either Georgetown or Syracuse and not UK. Randle was never going to UK. It was Kansas or Florida or Texas, but never UK. Now, no one will pick Wiggins to UK. If you look at the top 20 players for next year, UK is not listed as the leader for any of them. I think these national media guys are now more HOPING these guys won’t choose UK. Their jobs do not look quite that hard with everyone picking the obvious choice. They get less attention when that happens.

54. BCG
    1:50 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

We don’t make math mistakes, just ran out of numbers.

55. Demo1975
    1:51 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Crap, #41… Although #47 is at least 50% correct.

56. ESPN Insider
    1:56 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Randle to Texas, Twins to Maryland, Young to MSU!

57. btowncatfan
    1:56 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Actually 41., that made me chuckle just a little. Way to dig deep.

58. Real facts
    1:58 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Look here’s the deal… The UK players were quoted as saying that he is just a ballet like them and they didn’t want to put any more pressure than he’s already under, mostly from analyst like telep who prob bug the kid 100x a day. If any thing it’s a positive for UK because the players are showing AW respect to not be in the spotlight or put annoying pressure on him. I have to imagine ol Dave telep hasn’t seen them together outside of the all star games. Unless he’s hiding outside AW’s house or something.

59. ***BREAKING NEWS***
    2:00 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Pitino to have Laser Surgery to remove UL tattoo. Is this a clue he will return to UK?

60. Loyd Christmas
    2:02 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

So your saying there’s a chance?……………

61. SexnNursinHomes
    2:03 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

58- Now that’s what I’m talking about. It’s all bullshit that #37 was saying.

62. monte
    2:04 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

39…during the MacAA game Randle made a pass to Wiggins and was quoted saying ” you will see many more passes like this one if you join UK” my initial response was to Telep accusing our recruits of chemistry and not greeting Wiggins with open arms….I think Wiggins may want to be “the man”…at UK he is one of “the team”.He had a future cat as his his Roomate in Seattle who gave him space……as much as I want him he may be too much of a project

63. Dan
    2:04 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins will announce FSU do to selfish parents. He will now be looking forward to being dbl teamed the entire season and early exit in the NCAA tournament . I do wish him well as should the entire BBN. Cats will still be the favorite next year and we should focus on football recruits for a while.

64. Tim Kathlina
    2:06 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

ESPN probably wrong again. Their recruiting “experts” suck balls. They are consistently wrong and out of touch with these basketball stars.

65. SexnNursinHomes
    2:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

62- Yes. You are correct about that. BUT, Randle was also quoted as saying that he wasn’t going to bother AW about his recruitment. Our other guys also left him to himself. Hell Karl Towns Jr roomed with him and still didn’t bug him.

66. Dan
    2:17 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

As a CATS fan be happy that he is goin to FSU that way the only chane to play would be in NCAA. Not to mention if he is not head strong and doeesnt like publicty we don’t need any distractions on our way to chase number 9. Wish him well… Next? Please

67. gottodoit
    2:18 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Welcome to the club #29

We will be known by our enemies.

And be thankful for our differences.

68. FSU Fan
    2:21 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I am happy, happy, happy AW is coming to FSU. Honestly, I have no clue why he would come to FSU. Parents aside, we sux in basketball.

69. Seminole Fan
    2:29 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins can be the man at FSU, not just one of many good players like at UK, KU or UNC. This will honestly get him more prepared for the NBA then anything else – the next Kobe or King James baby!

70. Old Roy
    2:29 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Interesting about AW & AH:

71. boylerebelcat
    2:34 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Sex panther…it works 60 percent of the time, every time! Lol

72. bung
    2:35 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

maybe he is waiting for us to add a fast break guru to the staff…

73. SexnNursinHomes
    2:36 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

69- Stick to pigskin. It only hurts him due to the fact he will be triple teamed every game. He won’t be the “man”.

AW being triple teamed= avg of 7-25 from the field. Horrible shooting %s He will miss a lot of shots by trying to be the “man”.

74. Al/in/Indy
    2:37 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Good one 41, Actually that makes better sense that a Uvel post grad studying all night for a urine test in the morning!

75. Mike
    2:43 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone believe that Cal was probably pushing some of the current recruits to be talking to Wiggins? I know I would. If that’s legal, of course

76. monte
    2:53 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

65…I can only hope our guys showed him respect and not tried to pressure him…lets not let Telep get to us…..the media really is out of touch with Wiggins recruiting…Telep is scrambling to show he knows something when as usual he doesn’t

77. Bird from KY
    2:55 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Maybe the recruits are pushing because they already know he is coming to UK and have known, Wiggins could have just been enjoying other things. On the other hand if he does pick FSU this has been the biggest waste of time. I still think he is coming to the CATS. Why wouldn’t you with the success CAL has done with other players, he has a proven record and takes care of his recruits. But anyways I be glad when its over where ever he chooses.

78. Bird from KY
    2:56 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I meant aren’t

79. Mrs. Cals brownies
    3:00 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

When is his b-day?… Never underestimate the power of Mrs. Cals brownies!!!

80. Mrs. Cals brownies
    3:02 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

^^ sorry wrong post lol. Wiggins overload syndrome.

81. Sayitaintso
    3:20 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Last year, wiggins told other schools that he wanted to be recruited. Everyone believed he was UK bound. Here’s to hoping the other schools didn’t have to much influence on him. I don’t think he will be a Cat, but I sure hope I am wrong.

82. Dano
    4:11 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

FSU will be Wiggins home for next season due to selfish parents. There is no logical reason to go anywhere but UK.
    1 Practice will be more intense and productive.(better prep for the NBA)
    2 With our current line he will not half to be the go to guy (less pressure)
    3. HE stated he wants to play with the best. NOT FSU! Maybe Kansas and maybe UNC (UK has the clear advantage)
    4 He stated he wants to win a National Title NOT FSU anything can happen between UNC KU and we all know BBN will be the favorite!
    5 UK facilities have got to be #1, even if they were 2 or 3 Uk reputation current line up and odds to win a title trump the other school facilities.
    6. If he is so called shy or does’nt like publicity which I don’t believe to be true, He will be the only 1-2 stand out star at the other schools
    and will definitely be the primary focus on that schools wins but more importantly their losses. Uk will have enough depth and blue chips to share the blame.
    I can keep going but please tell 1 logical reason beside his Parents. if the Answer is parents I believe its selfish reasoning as I would want my son to have the very best. I understand he will be the #1 pick regardless where he goes but the 1 year prep is so important. Just ask Archie, I’m sure he would love to have another year to get more prepared!!

83. L1C4 is lame
    5:42 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

u r irrelevant n 50 states only part of 1 county knows who u r.