Darius needs five more points

Darius: Improving Home Improvement

Darius Miller is sitting at 995 career points in 126 games played over his career at Kentucky. Tonight, he’s almost a lock to become the 58th member of the elite 1,000-point club at UK. Miller only needs five points tonight against Arkansas-Little Rock to hit a thousand total points for his career.

The former Kentucky Mr. Basketball is averaging 10.3 points per game on the season. If he continues to score at that pace for the remainder of his senior year, he’ll rank in the top 40 in all-time scoring at Kentucky.

Just five more. Go get ’em, Darius.

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Darius needs five more points

1. illwreckyourcar
    1:03 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

2. cats
    1:07 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

Darius has been great..awesome for him to reach 1,000!

oh and MKG is an animal best college player in the country!

3. TexasWildcat
    1:22 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

Go Vote for Anthony Davis, he is behind Christian Watford for the shot over us at IU.

4. Go Deep
    1:28 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

I think he averages 15 the rest of the way. Let’s go Miller!!

5. RYNO
    1:31 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

Darius is one of my favorites. Despite the naysayers constantly blabbing about #1, I think he deserves a heckuva lot of credit for his many contributions over the past four years. I can’t wait to see him break into the 1,000 pt club, hopefully tonight.

6. Crystal Balls
    1:45 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

I’m ready for Miller Time again.

7. Rupperee
    1:47 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

It will be sad when Darius graduates. I’ll miss seeing native Kentuckians contribute.

8. ChicagoCat
    1:47 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

Couldn’t be happier for Darius getting his due. I always have a soft spot for Darius even when he isn’t playing up to his potential because he always plays that quiet killer role. He’s been a rock solid presence these 4 years and he will be missed. Get ’em Darius.

9. chuckdizzle98
    1:49 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

He deserves it. After being with Billy G.

10. Whoofarted
    1:59 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

Im a big Darius fan. I just wish he’d step up and grab himself an NBA contract, he has a great chance. If he played with the tenacity that MKG does, it would be a done deal

11. Jim
    2:06 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

Good for Darius! Has a chance to cement himself as an all-time contributor and favorite with a strong finish to this season.

12. Still the best
    2:17 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

if there are 57 members already is it really “elite”
    when less games were played I would say yes, but now days with 35+ games a season any solid 4yr player should make this easy, especially with Miller’s talent

with that said – congrats to Darius and FINISH STRONG

13. Burn City
    2:18 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

BURN OMG BURN!

14. Papaw Brooks
    2:19 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

He’ll get them tonight!

15. Wildcat13
    2:33 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

Let’s go Darius

16. Me
    2:33 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

#12 – espn never mentioned how many more games coaches now-a-days (pitino, k, even knight) play vs the number of games old school coaches (rupp) play.

AND, any UK player that scores 1000+ points IS elite! …oh, and did you score 1000+ points in your career – didn’t think so!

17. fatcattexas
    6:26 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

I think that it is pretty cool considering he has never been the 1st or 2nd option in the offense scheme… he has to earn his without plays being run for him …

18. Still the best
    9:35 pm January 3, 2012 Permalink

#16 – hey a$$ monkey I never mentioned ESPN or coaching wins because I believe the same thing as you stated, this article was speaking about Miller, not Rupp and the other 3 you mentioned you idiot.
    No, I didn’t score 1,000 pts at UK and that was the reason I stated “especially with Miller’s talent”