Darius Miller sent to the D-League

Darius Miller better invest in some snow boots. The Hornets have assigned Miller to the D-League’s Iowa Energy, according to Hornets Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Dell Demps.

So far this season, Miller has played in 23 games, averaging 2.0 points, 1.7 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game.

I hear New Year’s Eve in Des Moines is…scenic?

12 Comments for Darius Miller sent to the D-League

1. Joey Buttafuco
    11:20 am December 31, 2012 Permalink

First…

2. Big Blue Coming at You
    11:27 am December 31, 2012 Permalink

This is surprising considering how everyone has been raving about him.

3. Ridge Runner
    11:28 am December 31, 2012 Permalink

I love Darius but I have to say, watching him this year -this wasn’t unexpected. Good luck my man and we are behind ya.

4. Ridge Runner
    11:32 am December 31, 2012 Permalink

2- His basketball IQ and knowing his role got the raves.

His execution and assertiveness on the court is what I have noticed to be in need of tuning up. I mean, heck…we seen that when he was here at times.

5. fireant
    11:45 am December 31, 2012 Permalink

Darius has the ability to be a very good nba player however he has to believe it himself. He needs to develop some level of arrogance and selfishness to be better. I don’t mean he has to be arrogant or selfish but rather he needs to believe in himself and not consistently yield to others. He is the opposite of Archie Goodwin. Did anyone see Goodwin miss a WIDE OPEN Kyle Wiltjer in the last 7 min of the game on Saturday in favor of a crazy out of control shot in and effort to draw a foul? Maybe Goodwin could tech Darius to be a little more selfish.

6. mudcreekmark
    12:09 pm December 31, 2012 Permalink

5)Goodwin thinks he can drive in and turn his back to the basket and throw a shot towards the rim and the refs are going to call a foul. He looks foolish when he does this. He has a very low BB I.Q. I remember a game earlier in the year when he was trying to play point, he threw two passes on fastbreaks that hit a teammate in the back. They weren’t even looking at him and he still threw the ball to them. When he drives to the basket and draws the defense to him, he isn’t BB savvy enough to know that someone is open, thus he throws up a shit shot with 2 or 3 men on him.

7. UK Freshmen
    1:22 pm December 31, 2012 Permalink

Wow, what a mistake to draft this guy in the second round. Okay shooter. Okay rebounder. Okay defender. Okay ball handler. His entire game is rated as okay. That ain’t going to make it in the NBA.

8. No So
    2:04 pm December 31, 2012 Permalink

There is no scenic time in Des Moines, ever.

9. Bruce bruce
    2:58 pm December 31, 2012 Permalink

Cant wait to go see darius play, Des Moines will be fun again

10. Wildcat_in_Iowa
    4:08 pm December 31, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like I have a reason to go to an Iowa Energy game now!!

11. theSkinny81
    5:18 pm December 31, 2012 Permalink

7 – yet still better than Earl Clark….

12. Dissapearius Miller
    5:31 pm December 31, 2012 Permalink

Great player if he shows up to play.

Has to be reminded. Easily forgets.

Poythress will be a D league superstar too