Darius Miller owns these Sunday Hot Links

miller
Image credit: Courier-Journal

Morning, lovelies. Color me happy this morning; it’s supposed to be a beautiful day, the spring kickball season is near (Clay Travis, your team is going down!), and the Cats absolutely dominated the Gamecocks last night. Let’s do what we do best: read about it and talk about it.

The AP’s Will Graves heralds Darius Miller as the hero of last night’s game. We’ll talk more about this later, but you have to love how Miller stepped up and silenced his critics with an absolutely blazing performance last night. Maybe this is the end of Disappearius Miller?

– The Cats Pause’s James Pennington takes a more in-depth look at Darius’ performance and the week that preceded it. Remember that groin injury?

Eric Lindsey over at Cat Scratches writes about how the Cats managed to avoid the late-game drama that has plagued them so far this season. Of course, that’s pretty easy to do when you’re up by 20-30 points.

– Danville’s finest, Larry Vaught, manages to find a few flaws in the Cats’ throwdown of the Gamecocks. Is he NotJerryTipton??

– The real Jerry Tipton has some articles about a basketball game over at the Newspaper-that-Must-Not-Be-Named, if you’re interested.

– At that same paper, John Clay has a nice article about what this game means as the Cats enter the final stretch of the regular season.

A few articles out of Tennessee discuss some uneasiness in the Vol camp after their 69-63 loss to Georgia at home on Saturday. The Vols are 1-4 since Pearl’s return, and suddenly, some are clambering to take Bruce off the cross.

I’m babysitting the blog until mid-afternoon, so be good, or I’ll pass you over to BTI.

28 Comments for Darius Miller owns these Sunday Hot Links

1. Mr Schwump
    10:08 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

We’re finding out what many have know…Pearl is much ado about nothing.

2. Kat
    10:08 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Yes Maam

3. Jerimy
    10:25 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Pearl is a joke, he is what we thought he was.

And I’ll be good, i promise /wickedgappedtoothgrin

4. RidgeRunner
    10:27 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Good mornin’ Ms T & for fear of getting fussed at or handed over to BTI…I echo what #2 said.

Miller, yes awesome game and really like the kid. Yes, the Cats did not implode during the closing minutes. But I have to be honest…will it last? My jury is still out.

5. J hood
    10:34 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

nothing but a bunch of frickin idiots. miller didnt do anything this game that he hasnt done all year long. same hustle, same rebounding, same defense. the only diff is that this game 70% of his shots fell thru! now people say he really turned the corner. lol. next game he will be human, shoot 40% and you all will say he’s just lost

6. tblake
    10:40 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

I love me some Ms. Tyler

7. RidgeRunner
    10:44 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Yes, we are all idiots living in 5’s world…ok

Mr. Miller…6-10 in FG’s, 6-8 in 3’s = career high in pts, 9 rebounds & 3 blocks, created turnovers, and passed the ball out when the gap collapsed after getting it inside for AN ENTIRE GAME. No, he didn’t do anything different except score. Our bad.

8. gahcat
    10:49 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

what kind of idiot links to a pay for use site like cats pause, PLEASE sour

9. deer boss
    11:00 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

5…you left out not hesitating when open; stepping on the sideline; stepping on the line while inbounding; and being invisible for stretches of time. Oh by the way…either let your hair grow out or shave it all off.

10. Al's IndiCats
    11:01 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

I think somebody pooped in #5 Post Toasties this morning.

11. Operation Win-Ter
    11:02 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Pearl may be arrogant and disgusting but he wins. If tennessee were to let him go, who would replace him and keep the program competitive?

12. encephalo
    11:03 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

that heads up on j tip’s article was done perfectly

13. JRA
    11:11 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

who is Jirry Tuptun?

14. d1ja
    11:21 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Gillispie to TN would be perfect. Imagine “hate TN day” with Billy G at the helm !

15. macon_volfan
    11:21 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Come on Tyler—that’s a Climer article. He’s a columnist and the Tennessean‘s version of Tipton. Besides I don’t think the Tennessean even has a dedicated UT beat guy since Chris Low took off for ESPN.

16. enes
    11:23 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

The original enes says. I like Miller but I will not get all excited because he had one good game. If he continues to play close to his performance then I’ll think maybe he has turned it around. Frankly I don’t think he wants it bad enough. Beware the fake enes!

17. J hood
    11:30 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

9) when u say miller disappears you mean he dont score 20 pts so you dont notice him because he isnt knocking down a three!! i bet you can name 10 numbnut plays that jones makes every game, stupid 3’s, not throwing the ball out, turnovers while trying to be a point gaurd, etc but thats ok because he scores 17 ppg huh? not everyone can be a scorer every game! miller is a solid role player that makes fewer mistakes than anyone on the team.

18. Matt from Hodgenville
    11:32 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Please don’t pass us over to BTI. I can find stats on my own.

19. Dennis Smith
    11:35 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

It is good to see you linking to a Cat’s Pause article, Ms Tyler – good for promoting good will and common sense. However be aware that if anyone from the Cat’s Pause links to a KSR article they are banned. I used to be a TCP member until I learned of the hatred (or fear) by linking to one of Matt’s articles.

20. NBA league pass
    11:38 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

15) whatever the link, it doesn’t matter, the Vols are in SERIOUS trouble and I couldn’t be happier. I think the death blow to your tourney hopes will happen when we meet again in Knoxville.

21. macon_volfan
    11:42 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

#20-I’m sorry you take happiness in the sadness and trouble of others.

22. Cats
    11:58 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

21- I’m sorry your stuck in thugged out Macon GA trying to cheer for the Vols on a UK site. Must be really terrible being where you’re from. Good day.

23. Operation Win-Ter
    12:04 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

140) Like your thinking. Let me ask you this: If Sweaty Bruce were out, would ricky pitino consider the tennessee job?

24. macon_volfan
    12:07 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

#22-I live in North Macon, so ha. Not trying to cheer for the Vols–I’m doing it. And I’m from Knoxville, which most certainly isn’t a terrible place to be from. and good day to you. Enjoy the beautiful weather!

25. Operation Win-Ter
    12:18 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

If Pearl leaves UT, would Pitino consider leaving UL for UT?

26. Joe
    12:27 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

Larry Vaught didn’t find anything wrong with the play yesterday, he was quoting Coach Cal. Bad headline.

27. Wildcat Singularity
    12:58 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

24) I can’t say that anything I’ve ever seen driving through Knoxville makes me think it’s a good place to live.

Honestly, though – dusty brown everything and construction 365 isn’t my thing; maybe I’m the weird one. 😉

28. macon_volfan
    1:09 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

#27-get off the interstate and you’ll be happier and see alot more of Knoxville. Lots of interstate construction in Knoxville, for sure. It’s an interstate town–which was my biggest shock when I lived in Lex. You don’t really use the interstate to get around in Lexington (just God awful New Circle)