Danville is ready for the Jeff Sheppard interview

danville3

The Jeff Sheppard interview is coming up at 10:30 and the people of Danville are ready. Have a listen and join the discussion in the show thread below.

danville2 danville1 danville4

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Danville is ready for the Jeff Sheppard interview

1. Blueaville
    10:32 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Shep was a mid level talent that lived off a great team. Maybe he’s right maybe he would be more comfortable with pitino at UL.

I’m sure he’ll say he was taken out of context, etc etc etc but saying he would be more comfortable with pitino is all I needed to hear.

It’s bad enough I live here in Louisville and have to hear their fans every day but when a SUPPOSED one of our own pops off then I’m done.

Don’t let the door hit ya jeff

2. Rural Juror
    10:36 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Jeff is entitled to his opinion and I won’t think any less of him because of it. He was a great player at UK and I appreciate what he did during his playing years. I know his heart is with UK and I’m not going to get too upset over it.

3. Craig
    10:40 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

This whole thing unfortunately blew up way beyond what it ever should have. Unfortunate that UL will play his clips against us, but I really don’t think there’s anything to see here.

4. Rural Juror
    10:40 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Uhhhh Matt, Cal’s new book is titled “Players First” so it’s not like Cal is helping much to make your case that it’s an AND statement versus an OR.

5. Rural Juror
    10:43 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Why is Matt such a jerk to people in interviews?

6. cdog101
    10:43 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Great to listen to Jeff, people really need to let this go. He has done so much for UK along with kids and people across the state. Rick was his coach, and I am sure he done a lot for him so he should have a good relationship. Just get over this, he doesn’t need to clarify anything. Absolutely nothing wrong with his statements, and Matt should not be calling him out like this.

7. Craig
    10:45 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

RJ, Cal’s “players first” is how he gets the talent here. And his coaching philosophy, which he’s been overly clear about, is that you build the best team by getting the best talent. 3 elite eights, 2 final fours, and a championship in four seasons with a preseason top 3 rating coming into the 5th year speaks to the success of that system. Like Jeff, I’d love to have some of these guys 2 or 3 or 4 years but that’s simply not going to happen. THESE guys are gonna be here one year or somewhere else one year. And if I have to choose between one year of Wall, one of Knight, one of Teague, and an unfortunate bomb of Harrow vs 4 years of a guy like Siva, I take our guys. If the NBA will change their damn 1-year rule, I’ll celebrate because we’ll still get big time talent and then we’ll keep it for a while.

8. MrWildcat
    10:47 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

John Harrison Davis

9. UKFan
    10:48 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Jeff has done a ton for Kentucky, more than most players, even those that made millions in the NBA. What has Antoine Walker done for Kentucky? Also Calipari is a players first coach, but can he win with 5-8 good players that are borderline NBA picks, or does he have to have 5-8 NBA 1st round players to win.

10. Rural Juror
    10:49 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Craig – I totally get it and Cal talks more to recruits (and their parents) more than anyone through all these things, but I also get where folks are coming from when they say he does it too much. Much like Matt was saying it’s not an OR, but an AND statement with players vs. championships I’d say it’s the same with Cal’s public rhetoric.

11. SkyFall
    10:55 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

UK royal baby. The dam is Ashley Judd and sire is Adolf Rupp. Name is Goose Mashburn Issel Rupp.

12. It was a fail
    10:58 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

I think Matt did a bad job on the interview with Shep. You really made him look bad in the way you presented his questions and if there was a cool relationship between he and Cal then its not any better now.

13. cdog101
    10:59 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Ashley Judd, HAHAHAH Absolutely not, called out coal, and dont recall seeing her much during the bad days of Billy G, fair weather fan

14. SkyFall
    11:00 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

UK royal baby take 2. What if John Short and Ashley Judd got together after hours at Romany Kroger in the deli department??? The name would be Richie Chapman Short and he would be a damn fine American.

15. KD
    11:01 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you nailed it regarding names; I am 32 years old w/ the name Kyle…and I of course was named after Kyle Macy.

16. kevin
    11:08 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Matt is awesome at what he does, but he clearly wants to only be the face of Kentucky fans. I can’t say I don’t blame him, because I’d probably do the same thing if I was in his shoes (which i wished i were). If you ever notice, he talks bad about anyone who is a fan favorite, ie., richie farmer, ashley judd, jeff sheppard, etc.

17. DEASY
    11:09 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

All Jeff wants out of this is publicity, he’s opening the new fan gear store in London and no one remembers his name. this makes him relevant again. I mean for God’s sake, I saw him working at the burger joint in the flea market over the weekend. Let him have his moment and his publicity stunt. No one cares.

18. KevinM
    11:11 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

#9, you saw what he did at Memphis and UMass….it is just a multi-year process instead of Cal going for the OAD. If the NBA corrected this thing, then you would see Cal continue to shine in coaching and recruiting.
    What is good about all this is we don’t have to waste any resources chasing guys who aren’t going to college and heading straight to the NBA. Remember those days?

19. jpizzle
    1:59 pm July 23, 2013 Permalink

Was Larry Vaught’s droid in attendance?

16- I think Richie brought on anything Matt may have said by his actions while in office.