Danny Trevathan and CoShik Williams keeping it all in the family

Danny Trevathan and CoShik Williams
Picture from Catspause.com

Aaron Smith (@KernelASmith) from The Kentucky Kernel wrote a cool article today talking about the relationship between Danny Trevathan and CoShik Williams. In the article, Smith talks about how Trevathan and Williams had been friends for five years, even prior to becoming teammates at UK. Their friendship was born out of the fact that their families were friends. However, five moths ago they learned that the link didn’t just end at friends:

After the Blue-White game in the spring, Trevathan’s grandmother visited Williams’ mother’s house for the first time, Williams said. They got to talking. Trevathan’s grandmother said she had family in Georgia, from Decatur, where Williams has family. The two women figured out there was a family connection there, one that wasn’t easy to see because they both have to go through their mother’s side, where last names change often, to be related. Together at the time, the two football players looked at each other.

Now all Joker needs to do is work on recruiting some players related to Randall Cobb and then we’ll be just fine.

Article written by Matthew Hays

6 Comments for Danny Trevathan and CoShik Williams keeping it all in the family

1. Nate
    10:00 pm August 9, 2011 Permalink

I think I remember this happening a few years back with UK football players

2. Hard Hittin' CAT
    10:40 pm August 9, 2011 Permalink

Nothing wrong with their bloodline. Hope CoShik sees some action this year. He has been a star from the Blue/White games. Maybe this year he can get some big time game action. Can’t wait to see Trevathan’s first hard hit.

GO CATS!!!

3. Cale Barr
    2:33 am August 10, 2011 Permalink

I thought Coshik should have been ahead of both Sanders and tinkle toes last year. He’s faster than both and just looks like a better runner to me. I think you gotta give him, Gainer, and Clemons lots of opportunities this year. Sanders may be the most reliable but to me he does not have the talent these other guys possess.

4. GummyBear
    9:24 am August 10, 2011 Permalink

I agree that Williams should have been given more of an opportunity last year when Locke was hurt. There are alot of RBs this year gunning for precious little playing time. I fear that Williams just isn’t cut out to be an every down type back. I could be wrong, but he seams to be more of a scat back.

5. RealTalk
    9:35 am August 10, 2011 Permalink

We are family!

6. JackNicklaus
    11:54 am August 10, 2011 Permalink

Good grief…how would you like seeing #22 heading your way…I’m running out of bounds or just going ahead and hitting the dirt.