Danny Glover asks Darius Miller for a Photo Op

(h/t Jennifer Palumbo)

Famous One-time famous actor Danny Glover approached Darius Miller and asked him to pose together for a photo. #KentuckyEffect

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

27 Comments for Danny Glover asks Darius Miller for a Photo Op

1. CadizCat
    4:31 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky effect??? Maybe you should ask Anthony Bennett, and let him tell you about the UNLV and Oregon effects.

2. Ridge Runner
    4:39 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

1- Anthony Bennett’s “thoughts”, “grades”, etc… is getting to be really complex.

3. Shawn
    4:55 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

To cool!

4. Derby Today?
    5:17 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

he was in Shooter recently. Danny Glover rocks

5. bluefan
    5:17 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

I would never have recognized DG. Great moment for Darius!

6. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    5:33 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

He was also great in The Royal Tenenbaums

7. Ridge Runner
    5:36 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

6, when we were first married, my wife worked at a drug store (cash register) and she looked up and it was Danny buying some gum. At the height of his career.

She said he was very nice and courteous. She had trouble speaking if I remember and he smiled and said something like…I have trouble speaking all the time and it takes me awhile too.

just made her feel comfortable.

8. Blue in the Vein
    5:37 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

He was also in the best western ever, Lonesome Dove!

9. Louis Braille
    5:48 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

Looks like Darius Miller. While I also dig Danny Glover, it does not look like Danny Glover. Are we sure its Danny Glover?

10. Dane Brammage
    5:52 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

IMHO, thee Best Western since John Wayne was Kasdan’s best film (following the Big Chill) with Danny Glover called ‘Silverado’.

That is a classic!

If you have not seen Silverado, do yourself a favor and download it off Netflix.

Great film.

11. gottodoit
    6:51 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

What is the sense in trying to put down Danny Glover?

12. Juan4UK
    6:54 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

Hey kiddo, Danny Glover is far from a “one time…” . That man is a star every time he steps in front of a camera.

13. nawlij
    7:00 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

Danny Glover is a terrible human being…anyone who things other wise should go ask vicitms of his buddy Hugo Chavez.

14. Roofus Howls
    7:03 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

Personally I would have had to have asked him to say, “I’m too old for this ish.”

15. Huh...
    7:31 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

Imaging that… A writer wannabe calling Glover a one time star. Amazing!

16. kycager
    8:04 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

“one time” yo ally, ask somebody. Please.

17. Fresca
    8:12 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

Danny probably just thought Darius was the black kid from Angels in the Outfield.

18. Dennis Reynolds
    11:34 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

Thanks 14! Someone has seen Lethal Weapon 5.

19. DavisBrow
    11:54 pm May 5, 2012 Permalink

Donald Glover>Danny Glover

20. DansTheMan
    12:20 am May 6, 2012 Permalink

19 Donald Glover is funny as s***, but he has a while to go till he is greater than Danny

21. pedro
    1:02 am May 6, 2012 Permalink

Thank you #12 & #15 and #16 and others….. It seems the kiddos are trying to be cool like the older “writers” on this site.

22. Dylan
    3:03 am May 6, 2012 Permalink

Glover is still famous in my eyes. You’re a young blogger huh?

23. boomdaddy
    5:34 am May 6, 2012 Permalink

Why the hate for Glover? The only thing he is guilty of is buying his Derby outfit at the Goodwill store.

24. JayCee
    7:57 am May 6, 2012 Permalink

Only a complete moron would eschew Mr. Glover’s relevance in any capacity of time or space.

Ah, the youth of today. If it didn’t happen 5 minutes ago on an Itool, it just didn’t really happen. Must be such a life to live in such a completely clueless demographic.

25. Musehobo
    10:03 am May 6, 2012 Permalink

Ally the strike-through isn’t funny here. A famous, yes famous, actor requested a pic with one of our own. No need to belittle him.

26. dave ball
    12:21 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Danny Glover story #452…my ex-wife and I were flying home to Portland, OR (when DG had a nice home in the PDX area) from San Francisco…Danny Glover was on the same flight…San Francisco had a penchant for wind and since some genius put the airport and both runways on the peninsula where it gets exceedingly windy, the flight to PDX was delayed (by several hours)…Danny Glover didn’t like that (it was Thanksgiving)…and my ex and I were treated to the obligatory actor thinking that he was “special”…he laid into the young ticket counter clerk and security was called…then the obligatory “you’re just doing this because I’m black…don’t you know who I am?” comments came out…security police and plain clothes officers surrounded him (for his own protection) and allowed him to calm down without being bothered by autograph hounds…I was in the background cheering “Preach it son” when he complained about the airlines, airport security, and just about anything else related to holiday travel…I just wanted to get home…too bad Mel Gibson wasn’t there…could have had drunken anti-semitic and african-american racial tension at SFO…Lethal Weapon 5…and yes, he was great in the Royal Tannenbaums…but then again, so was everybody else in that film….

27. curadhan
    3:51 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Danny Glover story #672….went to DC on a trip b/c I had some business to take care of an embassy and to take my mom b/c she had never been to the capital. And they were filming Shooter while we were there and we ogled the set as closely as we could. During breaks when they nothing to do while crew was setting stuff..the crowd I was in called to Mark Wahlberg and tried to get him to come over but he was completely ignoring. I was toward the end of the crowd which was closer to Danny Glover’s place he was waiting and I called to him…and he saw me and smiled instantly and walked right over, took a pic with us and talked to my mom and I for like 5 minutes while others circled around us realizing who is a true star that knows his fans. He was remarkably kind and warm. So…don’t EVER diss the Glover! The guy was a king of cinema and IS and will always be a king of a man!