Daniels News Possibly Coming Soon

The internet rumor mill is working fast, and it looks like Deandre Daniels news could break sometime later today.  His family had talked about making a decision around January 1st, and if this wicked hangover tells me anything, it’s that today is the day.  Daniels is expected to decide between Texas, Kansas and Kentucky.  And if past experience is anything, even if he picks somewhere other than Kentucky, Cal will have him in blue before we know it.

At this point Daniels is not expected to play this season – but I wouldn’t rule it out.

We may know something today, we may not, but stay tuned and we’ll keep you informed.

Article written by Will Lentz

33 Comments for Daniels News Possibly Coming Soon

1. Megan
    12:39 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

If he plays, he’ll have a lot of learning to do fast. He won’t know where to go on the floor for some time. But an extra body is always welcome.

2. Jules Winfield
    12:40 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

first?

3. nassau65
    12:46 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

would be nice to have another pull from the bench, even if it takes a while to get him on board.

4. BPsycho
    12:51 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

#2 No, not first. You placed 2nd, good job you played a he**uva game….

5. catcrawler
    12:53 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

I hope the (possible) addition doesn’t hurt team chemistry.

6. perry christmas
    12:53 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

7. f
    12:53 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

m jones was very excited on his post game show yesterday when he was talkin about daniels

8. enes
    12:55 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

The original enes says: I am tired of being strung along by a bunch of possible players that could possibly become good or not so good players. When we recruit Kentucky kids we don’t have that problem becuse they grow up being UK fans with a desire to play for Kentucky. These kids from out of state have no ties to Kentucky or UK and are only looking out for themselves. Beware the fake enes.

9. Just saying
    1:01 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

8. so you’d rather have a team of John Hood’s? He grew up a UK fan, but will never be UK good

10. f
    1:06 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

?

11. indiana uk fan
    1:06 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

I bet he wont play till next year but that is fine cause we will win it all next year.

12. Boss
    1:08 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

9) Hood grew up a Duke fan, I believe. Having Daniels this year would be fantastic. Surely he could be incorporated into the system by the end of conference play and another body would be great. He’d be better than Hood and Poole at least.

13. BG Cat
    1:09 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

#9. You have no idea how Hoods career will develop over 4 years i.e. note Jorts.

14. BPsycho
    1:25 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

#7 I hope we got him, and he plays this year. : D

He looks like a beast that can average 12 and 8 every game to me.

15. BPsycho
    1:33 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

#13 I agree with that, but if Hood doesn’t change his mindset he will never get any better. I don’t think I’ve seen a player start pouting and fall apart after a missed shot more than him. Yes I understand a stupid shot or play will get you takin out quick, but my god man: You missed! Instantly forget it and get your *** back in the game….

/rant

and guard somebody already!… ****

16. Big Blue 66
    1:44 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

First off, this is what I think and for no good reason really so take it with a grain of salt, but having watched hood and talked to him a few times, I get the sense that he doesnt really understand why he doesnt play and thinks he is as good as everyone else on the team. He is having a difficult time accepting that hes not the best player on the team anymore (as in high school) and until he comes to reality and says, okay, im not as good, tell me how to get better and tell me what you need me to do to help the team, he will continue to sit the bench and struggle.

17. You can't handle the Truth
    1:48 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

If he does not play this year, why would he come. He’s not going to start next year and may not see much action.

18. f
    1:57 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

wat

19. Big Blue 66
    2:00 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

Sorry, on post 16 I was referring to Hood

20. GODSAZNO
    2:04 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

Add Daniels, Kanter and Trevor Lacey to the 2011 class and that’ll make 7 recruits!

21. Seneca
    2:09 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

this guy sounds like a diva. Keeping everyone waiting until he comes down the stairs in his prom gown. If he comes to UK I hope I am wrong. Cal seems to have good chemistry at this point.

22. deepsouthfloridafan
    2:09 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

have you read thumbs up/thumbs up on http://www.kentuckysports.com what a crock of sh*t http://www.kentuckysports.com is thumbs down

23. crawford01
    2:23 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

This kid doesn’t want to play. Also, I’m hearing Lacey’s grades are questionable. I think I would rather have lacey at this point tho

24. ricksVD
    2:44 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

It hurts when I pee

25. Han
    2:54 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

21) Patterson, T. Jones and most other high profile recruits also waited/wait til the very end. It’s a wise marketing move for their future and it keeps attention on them. Also, given that situations at the schools and with coaches often change “at the last minute,” it’s wise for recruits to wait as long as they can. It’s difficult to get out of letters of intent, and if they change their mind about a school, they have to sit out a year when they transfer.

26. Han
    2:56 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

If he comes here and plays, look out. If he goes to Kansas and plays, look out.

Just curious — do Kansas and Texas have an open schollie right now? I know you can always make room, but it looks a bit worse if someone gets their schollie yanked mid-year right as stud recruit decides to enroll.

27. hoss cat
    2:56 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

#8 YOU ARE A F__G RETARD!

28. What does soon mean?

29. Daniels
    3:29 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

Just keep saying that he should commit soon. You’re bound to be right one day.

30. Han
    3:40 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

Odds are he’ll have a press conference Monday or Tuesday, but word could still leak if he tells anyone.

31. Andy Dandy
    3:45 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

I still say we need another 4 star 3 year bigman. Sounds crazy but you can see how easy it is to score in the dd for big men. AHH? F$#@K it. Bring on the 5 star!

32. Adam
    3:47 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

What does soon even mean anymore?

33. JonnyMcFly
    5:15 pm January 1, 2011 Permalink

wouldnt he and gilchrist be fighting for mins?