Daniel Orton: Forgotten or Forgiven?

As we’ve mentioned on here a little bit this past week, Daniel Orton has been getting a some more attention, and more minutes, in the NBA, where he’s filled in a couple games for Glen “Big Baby” Davis.  He’s averaged 13.7 minutes in his last ten games, and has shot over 53% in the same span.  Also interesting, Orton averages 10.7 minutes in wins, and 6.6 minutes in losses.  Hard to establish a cause-and-effect there, as it could just be that Daniel is put in toward the end of already-won games to glean some garbage minutes, but it still struck me as interesting.  And with Dwight Howard saying he could be out for the season, Orton is in a position to really prove that he made the right decision to leave Kentucky when he did.

But while we’re talking about that 2010 draft, it’s only fair to mention that Orton is without question the least-missed “Draft Cat.”  Mention him to people around Lexington, and they make a face like they just ate a Good ‘n Plenty thinking it was actual candy and not something terrible.  He left a pretty bad taste in our mouths.  I don’t think anyone actively roots against him, and if you do, please find a stairwell somewhere and jump down it.  There’s no need for overt disdain; he was one of us.  However, I won’t tell you that you need to root for him, either.  Daniel was, at best, a polarizing player during his Kentucky tenure, infamously eschewing his second semester to train in preparation for the draft.  That caused the team’s APR to drop, and almost made us look like UConn, who had post-season bans levied against them for just such a shortcoming.  But Daniel wasn’t all bad, if you remember.

Recall that he signed with UK pre-Calipari.  That’s hard to imagine, right?  In hindsight, it’s hard to imagine anyone wanting to play for Billy Gillispie.  He was the highest-ranked recruit that ever signed under BCG (not counting Patrick Patterson, who was mostly recruited by Tubby), and he wanted to come here when there was very little reason to.  We went to the NIT his senior year of high school, for crying out loud.  So why did he pick us?  Maybe for the same reason Shabazz picked UCLA: he wanted to return a prestigious program to prominence.

And that’s pretty admirable, right?  He stuck with us in the beginning when times were tough, and then when Cal came, and we had success, he made some mistakes and bolted a little too early.  You’ll never hear me say that the way he handled the situation was prudent, or in good judgment, but I also think it’s unfair to remember him only by how he left.  Personally, I remember him most for dropping the F-bomb on live television (clearly, NSFW).  I remember how excited I was when he signed; after all, this kid was the first in one of the best recruiting classes ever.  There’s something to be said for that.

But the question now is this: with a couple years removed from his departure, and with a little bit of hope for his NBA future, is it time for us to start rooting for Daniel Orton again?  Or is it best to just forget that he played here, and, while not rooting against him, largely ignore his present career?  I think it’s time to look at his eloping with the NBA as water under the bridge.  If you don’t want to root for him, I think that’s perfectly fair, and I won’t tell you to change your mind.  But I’ve personally decided that it’s time to start watching a couple Orlando games, and really hoping that Daniel gets that break he’s been looking for since he left.  I think he deserves it.

“Now I know that you have truly forgiven me, because forgetting is forgiving.”

-J.L. Borges

Article written by Corey Nichols

105 Comments for Daniel Orton: Forgotten or Forgiven?

1. It'sJustLunch
    9:05 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

He’s a good kiiiiid!

2. bung
    9:05 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Happy birthday Ashley Judd…

3. Orton SUCKS!!
    9:07 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I dont care how good he is doing now or how well he might do in the future, he lied to everyone when he said he was still attending class even though he didn’t attend any classes after the tournament was over. I say he is and always will be forgotten and NEVER forgiven.

4. tutty
    9:08 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

He deserves it? Really?

5. DB11
    9:09 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

forgotten

6. CRD
    9:09 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I wish him best & hope he succeeds in the pros. He had maturity issues as shown by his insubordination (at the SEC tourney) and not finishing the semester, but he was 18 years old. It must have been extremely frustrating to play behind Cousins all year. True, he screwed up, but he was one of us. This shouldn’t be held against him for the rest of his career/life.

7. jb
    9:11 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

hey, I like Good ‘n Plenty!

8. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    9:11 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

The only problem most UK fans have with Orton is that he dropped out of school and hurt our APR, but thanks to the loyalty to the program that our other early entries have shown, it turns out that no permanent harm was done by Orton’s idiot move. So maybe it’s time to just say that a kid made a dumb mistake. Who doesn’t make at least a few dumb mistakes when they’re kids?

9. DEasy
    9:12 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Screw him. He’s an ass and always will be.

10. bluefan
    9:15 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Ehh, he was just a kid. I can root for him. Not nearly as hard as Cuz, Wall, Brandon, etc., (as in I won’t buy a shirt) but he chose to wear the blue and white. I wish him well. BBN forever.

11. Azubuike's Bicep
    9:15 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Who?

12. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    9:15 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forgive him? I CAN’T [email protected]!!!

13. Fred
    9:18 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

definitely forgotten…

14. bluesince66
    9:19 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

What he does or doesn’t do in the pros has nothing to do with what he did at UK. I could care less.

15. Uglymuffin
    9:20 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

After he left didn’t he say that he wished he’d gone to Kansas and that Cousins wasn’t that good and shouldn’t have been starting. Those paired with the dropping out make him worthless in my eyes. I wish he’d gone to Kansas also…forgotten.

16. 3 fan
    9:20 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forgotten until his screwing UK over is dropped from the APR scores.

17. Conway Twitty
    9:20 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Conway Twitty doesn’t care about Daniel Orton but loves Ashley Judd!!!

18. AMIRITE
    9:22 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

didn’t like him then, don’t like him now. we can’t have our daniel orton sucks and i don’t feel sorry for him failing in the nba cake and then eat the i’m glad he’s doing well and proud of him cake.

19. tltaworl
    9:22 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I forgive, he was young and made a bad decision. You don’t know what his dad was saying to him either so take it easy. But he is not the reason I would watch the Magic, I want to see Liggins play.

20. Union Farmer
    9:23 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Just because he wore the blue and white doesn’t mean we have to like him at all costs. He did nothing to warrant us caring about him while he was here. He was made selfish decisions while he was here, so i choose to selfishly not root for the kid. I don’t wish him any misfortune, but I’m not about to spend any time caring about the kids future. After all, he didn’t care about the future of the UK program. He proved that by dropping out of school. Turnabout is fair play.

21. copperhead
    9:25 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Yes, he made bad decisions. Several times. The consequences of one of his poor decisions hurt the program. He has yet to make amends for it. Until he makes things right, he shouldn’t expect forgiveness.

22. hoopslavidaloca
    9:25 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

time to move on, but the fact remains he justified to himself it was OK to turn his back on the very program that made his first round status even possible … all he had to do was finish up classes in good standing, i remain disappointed by this (and will be IF the same happens with any of the championship team)… if UK is playing by the rules, i am fine with the 1 and done, just live up to your end, UK provides the spotlight, the Kentucky Effect, draft status … the player HAS to live up to the APR end of the equation

23. BingleJells
    9:28 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forgeddabouthim.

24. nky
    9:28 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

piss on him and his dumbass daddy

25. Ready 5
    9:30 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

He hasn’t stepped foot on campus since he bolted. He lied about finishing his classes. He put the program in jeopardy. When he was in lexington, he and father whined about playing time. He was bad teammate. Not only do I not consider him a Cat, I don’t think he considers himself a Cat. I don’t wish anything bad on him. I simply don’t care.

26. Brent S.
    9:31 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I completely disagree that we should forgive him but did you just drop Borges in a KSR post? Nice!

27. kkkkkkkkkkk
    9:31 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

The other thing to remember is that Orton’s family situation was not ideal. Didn’t he lose his mom while at UK? And his dad was the source of most of his bad advice as best I remember….

28. Scott
    9:32 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Daniel who?

29. MARK HAMILTON
    9:32 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

DOES HE HAVE A FACEBOOK??????

30. blotto
    9:33 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Daniel Orton=Antoinne Walker. Neither desired to remain a member of the UK “family” after they left. BBN has always taken care of their progeny, good and bad. So if he wants back in, he’ll need to make the first move.

31. Mike
    9:33 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Definitely more forgotten than forgiven, but he brought it all on himself.

32. Syrin
    9:34 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

UCLA ?!?!?

*BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

33. minton
    9:34 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I always felt bed for him becasue his mom passed away. It’s hard to imagine how tough that would be. I’m sure something like that could make you do uncharacteristic things, so i forgave him.

34. Cliver
    9:35 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

31 – Except Walker was waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better.

35. Real UK Fan
    9:35 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

It is time to forgive this young man if you feel he wronged any of you and to move on. Support for him would be a very good thing.

36. SeoulCat
    9:36 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

The God of the Goaltend, the Tyrant of Truancy, the Duke of Duck-Out-Before-The-End-of-the-Game-ville, and the Aye!Aye! Captain of the USS Aye!Can’t Mother F*%#er!

If Orton were his own UK squad, he’d be called “The Unforgivables”…

37. njcat
    9:38 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

who???

38. WildontheCats
    9:38 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

It’s a two way street, when he starts coming back and supporting the program like all the other players have, then I’ll start supporting him.

39. Coach Cal
    9:39 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

He’s a selfish [email protected]!

40. catty
    9:40 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

forgotten

41. bigbluebear
    9:40 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forgiven. Grow up you self righteous losers, he was a kid.

42. Chuck
    9:41 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

36- give your opinion. Don’t tell anyone what to do. Don’t be narcissistic.

43. catty
    9:42 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

#15-ugly muffin- makes a great point.

44. bung
    9:45 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

i cannot forgive bk for walking the ball up the court…ok, i can…

45. shimsky
    9:47 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I’m with you, #39. He was just a dumb kid…probably didn’t see any better way to support his family. BBN isn’t even a factor to a kid when family is involved…probably got bad advice from his pops to not attend class. We don’t know the full story.

46. MyronPryorsLivingRoom
    9:51 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Nope. I refuse to forgive him.

47. Ignorance
    9:56 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I’m here . . . I’m here . . . listen to me, LISTEN TO ME . . . if he signs a second contract and gets on a team and has success, he will magically be forgiven . . . he’s a kid who made a stupid choice . . . move on!

48. Grewn
    9:57 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forgiven. I’m sure he had a lot of idiots in his ear back then…and even if he didn’t, kids do dumb stuff without any help. We’ve moved on the greener pastures since he was here & so has he. Next…

49. Rockfield,KY
    9:58 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I hate how he left, but unlike a lot of you on here, I don’t find it that hard to forgive him. He made a dumb mistake as a kid and has been paying for it since. I think it’s time for the UK fans to show him why we are the greatest fanbase in the world and welcome him back with open arms. Everyone has a family member that pisses them off, but they’re still family when push comes to shove.

50. tyson
    9:58 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Coach Cal obviously hasn’t forgiven him, so I don’t think we have to either. I forget what the actual quote was, but during an interview this year Cal said something like, “I don’t talk to that one much anymore” referring to Orton after he didn’t finish his classes

51. Sherwood8
    10:03 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

You’re giving him too much credit. He wasn’t at all interested in returning UK to prominence. What a joke.

52. Al's IndiCats
    10:04 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

The thing of it is to me is that, he left school without even trying to get the APR in order. He left without so much as looking back. Yes it’s great to be a kid, but honestly if you may have one bit of substance to you, don’t say one thing and do another. I have 15 year old nephews and nieces that are more responsible than he was. Maybe it was his pop whispering in his ear, or his mother’s passing, either way you don’t sh!t on your plate that feeds you……Forgotten!

53. Rock Slyde
    10:05 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Atta boy Corey…continue posting these controversial pieces to take the heat off ya

54. Jason
    10:05 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Daniel Orton was never one of us. Eff that guy. Wake up, Nichols.

55. Cliver
    10:08 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Did he or did he not say he wished he’d/should have went to Kansas? I’m seriously asking, because I don’t know what the actual statement was.

56. BTI
    10:09 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Did I ghost-write this piece?

57. Aaron Craft's Rosacea
    10:11 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

KSR feels compelled to give the kid his time in the spotlight. NO ONE CARES ABOUT ORTON. Stop posting about him. Dead to BBN.

58. Cliver
    10:11 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

And what ever happened to Matt’s Orton story?

59. Don
    10:12 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I’ll sit on my hands if he ever shows his face in Rupp and really be pissed if they let him be the ‘Y’ at center court. Stay away Danny boy.

60. manbearpig
    10:13 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

who here did not make a stupid decision when they were 18? Now on top of that who here also has been constantly told since middle school they were one of the best ball players at their position? Hes tried to extend an olive branch to the bridge he burned several times so I sau forgive him. I wont cheer for him as hard as I do for Knight, Prince, Boogie, etc. but Im not going to wish for someone to steal his car radio either. At least he didnt pull the Shawn Kemp route and steal from his teammate

61. Cliver
    10:16 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

61 – Hey, give Kemp a break – it was only Sean Sutton.

62. milescat
    10:21 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I forgive him. Do your thing Daniel!

63. Kentucky Gentleman
    10:31 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

I’ll root harder for Joakim Noah than I will for Orton.

64. CatsfaninFL
    10:32 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Everyone hating on him needs to remember back when you were 18/19 (or at least pretend what it’ll be like when you’re 18/19).

I’m pretty sure we all screwed up, we all lied, and we are all REALLY grateful now those mistakes weren’t privy to the entire friggin’ BBN to scrutinize. I’d say it’s time we all grow up a lil and bury the hatchet.

65. Cornholio
    10:39 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Orton would not have played over Aldrich, the Morris twins, Jeff Withey, and Thomas Robinson. I emphasized this to him on twitter. Cal let Matt Pilgrim go to placate Orton, as he would have been more consistent than Orton with jis ability to play out on the floor and shoot the 15 foot jumper. That being said, Orton did IMO have the single best play of the Calipari era with his monster bloack of Henson’s dunk attempt during the UNC game. With Patterson being the only effective UK big in the game and the other bigs in foul trouble, that play kept UNC from taking over the momentum of the game and was the loudest I have heard the Rupp crowd since the 2003 Florida game.

66. Ridge Runner
    10:43 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Orton? I have no comment and thats how I will view or respond to him.

Next…

67. 44 Stitches
    10:45 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Didn’t he miss his senior season in high school because of knee surgery. Then his mom passes away. He’s already commited to us and then gets recruited over when Calipari took the job. That’s brutal! I think I can forgive him he was just a kid.

68. CRD
    10:47 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

66 – Ha ha ha! You “emphasized this to him on twitter”???? I’m sure Orton really took “Cornholio’s” advice to heart.

69. Cornholio
    10:49 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

CRD, you’re a dickhead. Orton acknowledged he had a better chance at playing time at UK than Kansas.

70. Gr8tness
    10:59 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Wow, I had no idea that there were this many of my fellow UK fans that didn’t make completely stupid mistakes when they were 18! I think we all get caught up in the sports that they play and forget these guys are still kids!!!!!

71. Cornholio
    11:03 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Anyone notice that Orton looks like ex Pistons bad boy Rick Mahorn?

72. Hazard Kidd-Cat
    11:07 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Embrace him, you must forgive Family … its part of what you do in the BBN.

73. WhatWouldCalDo?
    11:30 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

There was that interview where they asked Cal if he’d ever had a problem with a one and done and he said he had one who didn’t finish the semester (Orten) and he really didn’t keep in contact with him anymore. Sounds like Cal forgot him.

74. john4uk
    11:35 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Some things are best forgotten,and Daniel Orton is one of them.He has no affinity for UK,and really more or less turned his back on the basketball program and university.

75. Yep
    11:39 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

#75 got it right. He was just a pass-through guy who showed no loyalty to his coach or to UK. Next.

76. Shane
    11:41 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

bottom line – He apologized for how he handled the situation and acknowledged that he didn’t do things the way he should have. I have no energy for that petty of a grudge.

77. Voice of Wisdom
    11:45 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Just because they wear the jersey doesn’t give us the right to judge them or their actions. He made his mistakes and fortunately in the end no harm was done to the program. Let go and move on. Lets talk about Nerlens in Lexington this weekend instead!

78. SayHarrowToTheRepeat
    11:46 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

Don’t really get the Orton hate, and I probably never will. I’m always going to root for him.

79. Tom Blevins
    11:47 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

For those of you who refuse to forgive Daniel Orton, I hope you never do anything wrong. If we refuse to forgive others who wrong us, we cut ourselves off from God’s forgiveness. (Matthew 6:14,15.) Too, I remember when my mother passed away. Some members of my family did some pretty dumb things in the months that followed. If I’m totally honest, I may have been one of them. So not being perfect and needing God’s forgiveness, I HAVE to forgive Daniel Orton.

80. njcat
    11:56 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

He didn’t make one mistake.. he made a bunch. He turned his back on the program, its not the other way around.

As soon as he donates $1M to the school for a new practice facility for the women – he’ll be forgiven.

81. Loyal Royal
    11:59 am April 19, 2012 Permalink

All this talk about family & forgiving. Anyone remember what Michael did to Fredo when he crossed the family? Godfather? Anyone?

82. Michael E
    12:08 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forget this clown.

83. UKblue
    12:15 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Exactly, #77. Some of you need to grow up and cut the kid some slack. He was a kid fresh out of high school who had just suddenly lost his mother right before he came to UK, to play for a system and coach to whom he hadn’t committed. Yes, he made a big mistake in the way he left. He has since apologized. I do know that he has said many good things on twitter about UK and the BBN since he left. He still supports UK. I wish him nothing but success.

84. mdd34
    12:33 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

No grudges. He wore the jersey, but didnt wear it well. I wish him the best, but that’s it.

85. Rixter
    12:35 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

So Daniel Orton is now a hero? He came to return us to prominence? WHAT are you smoking, Corey?

You can bet anything Daniel Orton did was done for the glory of Daniel Orton, and not for any other, less selfish reason.

Forgive me if I don’t sign up for the DO fan club. He AIN’T one of US!

86. Orton= Worst Wildcat in Recent Memory
    12:37 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Isn’t this the same guy that said he wished he would have gone to Kansas? This is the same guy who averaged 3 points and 3 rebound a game and was the worst attitude problem in the history of John Calipari basketball? All he ever did well was goal tend the basket and drop F-Bombs on national TV. O man this guy is definitely forgotten. I honestly don’t even remember him in a Kentucky jersey.

87. HicksPickSix
    12:43 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

BTI = Forgiven
    Corey Nichols = Forgotten

88. tyrus
    12:44 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forget him and his dad. Always felt if Orton stayed at UK, him or his dad would have caused some type of minor NCAA violation.

89. GoCatsGo
    12:47 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

I tried to forgive him, but he goaltended it

90. false
    12:51 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Orton did not say he with he went to Kansas. He was asked “If you didn’t fo to UK where would you have gone?” he answered Kansas. http://www.wildcatworld.com/?p=8698

91. the Big Dog
    12:58 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forgiven- except for not going to class his last semester.
    That could have helped put us on probation like UCONN. He was a selfish prick for doing that. The only real reason that I wish him well is that his behavior and his failure in the NBA was a bad reflection on the university.

92. chief_cat
    12:59 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Who didn’t screw up or listen to bad advice at age 18? Actually who among us still doesn’t do that sometimes? That is, if you call making $2M over two years screwing up. Frankly I can’t blame him for leaving early for the NBA, particularly with his history with his ACL.

He definitely should have kept his commitment and finished out the semester, but didn’t. More troubling for me were his comments that he should have gone to Kansas instead of UK. However, he has stated more recently that he probably should have stayed at UK instead of leaving for the pros. That shows me that he is maturing and is both admitting past mistakes and is finally showing some signs of loyalty to UK and BBN.

In fact soon after we won #8, Orton sent out a couple of congratulatory tweets:
    Daniel Orton – Yessir! Congrats to them boys.
    Daniel Orton – Happy for all the Kentucky fans too. Y’all are the best and truly deserve this.

I have forgiven him and wish him the best in his NBA career.

93. sckysportsink
    1:24 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

The only problem I have with DO is not meeting his responsibilities academically to UK. I don’t wish him bad, I just wish he had done his part as a student athlete.

94. Mark
    1:40 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forgiven, forgiven, forgiven. As you guys always point out, these are just kids. They are going to make mistakes now and then. He screwed up leaving the way he did. It was almost 2 years ago. Forgive him, and cheer him on. He is a member of the Big Blue Family.

95. Cats-8
    1:48 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

For all of you chastising this kid, SHUT YOUR MOUTH. You act as if you don’t live in a glass house! I’d love for some of ya’lls shortcomings to be exposed on a website like this one, so everyone can dissect and ridicule some of the bad/misled decisions YOU’VE made in your life. Wait, all of you guys ridiculing him are perfect? My bad…excuse the post.

96. DMX
    2:11 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

“I can forgive, I just can’t forget, You’re on your own little man don’t ask me for sh!t.”

97. PatMan
    2:33 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Daniel WHO ?????????

98. PatMan
    2:36 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Don’t care one way or the other.

99. Ben
    2:46 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Forgiven. Life is too short to hold grudges. I was disappointed and angry at first, but he was just a kid at the time. Kids make mistakes.

100. CAUKFAN
    3:18 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

He’s probably made more money in two years with the NBA than most of us will make in a lifetime.

101. Jason
    5:20 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

80- I don’tbelieve in your god, but I do believe in Kentucky Basketball. Orton betrayed the program with his actions and has shown zero remorse. Only former Cat I have actively rooted against.

102. Steve
    6:28 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

“There‚Äôs no need for overt disdain; he was one of us.”

And then he goes on to bash Coach Gillespie, including not giving him credit for Patterson etc etc etc.

Gillespie, in 1 full year of recruiting, recruited 5 players now in the NBA or NBA bound: Patterson, Miller, Liggins, Harrelson, Orton. Galloway is in the NBA developmental league (where Chuck Hayes started out.)

Not to mention he had Crawford & Bradley playing the best bball of their lives (they totally stunk under Tubby, just like Rondo.)

Compare that to Tubby’s 10 years.

I wish Carey and the rest of the gomers on KSR would get their heads out of their collective ash.

103. Tom Blevins
    10:24 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

102, Jason, God still believes in you.

104. bookend
    3:13 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Not sure why there are haters towards a player who helped UK win some games. People say he “hurt” UK by not finishing out his classes….did we lose any scholarships because of it? NO. He was recruited by another UK coach, but stayed committed to UK. Cheeze, give the guy a break. I harbor no ill will towards any former UK player. They are all part of the family….just because they don’t keep in touch doesn’t mean you disown them. Guess when you are my age, you don’t hold a grudge. Life is too short