Dan Rieffer joins “The Ryan Lemond Show” (Thursday Show Thread)

16cb746776b603b2dfc5d389def3f5b6

This morning, Ryan is joined by former Lexington sports anchor Dan Rieffer to get you ready for tonight’s big game against Georgia in Athens. Welcome Dan to the KSR family and tune in as they preview the game and talk about the Cats’ chances of making the Tournament. Dave Baker will also call in to talk C-A-T-S DALE DALE DALE.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

92 Comments for Dan Rieffer joins “The Ryan Lemond Show” (Thursday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I was going to give my picks for the Tennis Tournament Matt and Drew are at, but when I looked at the bracket I realized I don’t know many tennis players anymore. I’m wondering what Bobby Knight will say tonight, if this is his last game for ESPN, I think there’s a chance he goes off on UK and Cal. Also have we heard anything about Jay?

2. jd
    9:57 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Mike and mike just talked about the 3 goggles

3. UK_JB
    9:58 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I am going to miss MJP on LEX18.

4. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    9:59 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Thunder Dan would make a GREAT replacement for MJP, but he doesn’t look as good as her. That’s my point of view.

5. Woo's gummy snacks
    10:04 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

it wouldnt hurt to mention what rand Paul has been doing…. I’m against drones being used domestically especially when our tax dollars finance them.

He’s going to get ostersized but it’s only because he’s bucking big power, his stance is honorable and logical. I can’t recall the last time I was so proud of a ky representative

6. inlinefor9
    10:10 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Y’all know there’s a game tonight right? Or is it going to h/s basketball talk again today?

7. You live in KY and you don’t even know if Rand Paul is a Dem or a Repub??? You’re what Rush Limbaugh now refers to as a low-information voter (if you vote).

8. WEAREUK
    10:10 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

So Ravi Moss is doing the KSR Pregame with Ryan, no thanks. He has an ego the size of Gods Green Earth.

9. WEAREUK
    10:10 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Thanks Rand Paul, your a GREAT AMERICAN

10. Ghost of Danny's Calls Past
    10:11 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I wish they would go back to wearing whigs. Just doesn’t feel the same without them.

11. Rockfield, KY
    10:12 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I believe Rand is originally from San Antonio and went to med school at Baylor. I like his family (I’m from BG) and i support what he did. He tends to buck his own party (parties are ridiculous anyway) and I respect people who stand up for their own beliefs, regardless of what peer pressure pushes you to do.

12. Craig
    10:12 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

New York just wants to to do a PSA campaign about hearing loss from loud headphones. They aren’t proposing any bans or other laws.

13. Filibuster
    10:13 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Pay attention, Ryan, to WHY he’s filibustering. I’ve even heard Dems jumping aboard as a worthy cause.

14. Dee
    10:13 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

THOUGHTS ON MARY JOE leaving???

15. adolph
    10:16 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

screw rand paul. isn’t there a basketball game tonite

16. ?
    10:16 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky politics, maternity radio.

17. the anti-cat
    10:16 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

How is he not known as the grimm-rieffer? Rand paul is a tea party dude, ryan. But i would vote for you to take his place, because he is a doofus.

18. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:17 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Terrible music

19. Dee
    10:18 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

David Lee Roth…SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OVERRATED….

20. Dee
    10:19 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

….Johnny Short????…..bad sign when he’s not first.

21. Ernie banks 3rd cousin
    10:19 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I rarely comment but I had to get on here and see what people were thinking of the show this morning…. I’m not one to usually criticize — but dang this I’d terrible– just aweful

22. Dee
    10:19 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Ryan….I’d rather hear more about your toilet adventure….

23. Ernie banks 3rd cousin
    10:20 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Is*

24. Dee
    10:20 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

…….dis…………be………..turrble.

25. Dee
    10:21 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

boooooooooo…..

26. bigbluzooka
    10:23 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens….stick to blocking shots… Teach me bout Kentucky is soooo much better

27. KCK
    10:24 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

When Noel was doing that vocal inflection at the end of his lines he was biting the vocal style popularized by rapper Meek Mill. In any event, the song is garbage, and neither guy can rap. Anybody who thinks that’s a good song doesn’t know anything about hip-hop music.

28. BlueFins
    10:24 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

If Ryan sucks as bad selling homes as he does as a host, no wonder he needs $33 to do drinking gigs. I’d give him $33 to take the next week off.

29. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:24 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

The “Teach Me ‘Bout Kentucky” song was better, but Nerlens is better than T. Jones.

30. inlinefor9
    10:25 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Well I wouldn’t listen to it again, but it wasn’t as bad as those type songs usually are.

31. Scout
    10:25 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Yes, I liked it!

32. Fake_Dan_Cummins
    10:25 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

It’s okay… I like the Dan Cummins singalong better.

33. machoman
    10:25 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Ohh yeah

34. BlueFins
    10:26 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

What took Matt so long to build has been torn down in 15 minutes

35. Dee
    10:27 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Are we allowed to talk about recruites??? (SERIOUSLY)

36. inlinefor9
    10:28 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

#35 yes. This show has no affiliation with the university.

37. Dee
    10:28 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Brian Long is not impressed.

38. btowncatfan
    10:29 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Is Hawkins better than Harrow?

39. Dee
    10:29 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

36. Thanks….just making sure Jerry Tipton didn’t have something to flip about

40. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:30 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Please, no Dave Baker. He is the worst. I’m begging you, please, No DAVE BAKER.

41. Dee
    10:30 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

…UK just needs a leader…..imagine if this team had MKG……..they just need a leader…

42. Deepblue
    10:32 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

The show today is oddly fascinating in a “This is Spinal Tap” kind of way. Its kinda like listening to cartoon characters. Reminds me of the commentators on the Laff-O-Lympics.

43. Dee
    10:32 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

If Alex P. starts playing like a man…..Goodwin starts passing…..and Harrow grows a pair….this team will make a run…..if those things don’t happen….we will be out….even before we get in….

44. Trav
    10:33 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Does anybody know where we stand on lunardi’s projections? Just curious? ANYBODY? A win tonight likely doesn’t move us up but it sure wont hurt things. THANKS!

45. Rockfield, KY
    10:33 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Black Crowes are the best. And drummer Steve Gorman went to Greenwood High School and WKU.

46. inlinefor9
    10:34 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Now the Black Crowes are awesome. Live they are incredible.

47. UKnTN
    10:34 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Ryan, luv ya man but so far the best thing about the show has been the sucky news breaks and the terrible Noel song!!! Get it together man!!! Go CATS!!!

48. Dee
    10:34 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

This Years Basketball team….has the mind set of previous UK Football teams….trying not to lose….afraid to lose……yet…our Football team is acting like previous Calipari Teams… STOOPS HAS STOLLEN CALIPARI’S MOJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Trav
    10:36 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

The nerlens rap is pretty good considering he’s NOT a rapper!! If you play any song in the world people will trash it. Why not take it all in fun and move on. I don’t think he did it because he’s trying to win a Grammy and nowhere did he ask for your critiques. Give it a rest negative Nancy’s.

50. Delaney Hanley
    10:36 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I despise the black crows I guess you weren’t at their show in Louisville where they played one song got mad and walked off stage and they didn’t offer refunds

51. Dee
    10:36 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Johnny Short….is getting wood….

52. Dee
    10:38 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

UK will win by 7 tonight…..if we lose tonight….we are NIT bound.

53. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:39 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Wow…this is the best Dave has been on KSR. He’s not yelling or saying ignorant stuff.

54. inlinefor9
    10:43 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

He was referring to Tennessee, not UK

55. inlinefor9
    10:45 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

#50 What venue/show was that? Or what year?Just curious?

56. inlinefor9
    10:46 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

3rd Segment today worked. More of that and less of the first segment please.

57. Dee
    10:47 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

56 AGREED….Guess it took them awhile to shake the cobbwebs off….:p

58. Dee
    10:48 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Really…..REALLY!!!!!

59. Dee
    10:48 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

“C’mon Son”

60. RealCatsFan
    10:49 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Tasty old ‘Stones song that you never hear on the radio anymore! So tired of hearing “Start Me Up” every time they play Stones…

61. GeorgeMuresan'smanhood
    10:50 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Ryan I’ll give ya $33 just to tell our story again! Radio gold!

62. Jon
    10:50 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Before the show ends today, can you all play the DALE call to get us all pumped up for tonight?

63. Rockfield, KY
    10:51 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Saying he might come back is a great way to get people to listen to the song and play it on the radio. He’s not dumb.

64. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Saw the Black Crowes at Hullabalou a few years ago, and they rocked out. Lover their music, but Chris Robinson is a bit “out there”. 55, I vaguely remember that – IIRC, Robinson got busted for pot possession by the LPD and vowed to never visit Louisville again. Probably related to the show being talked about.

65. inlinefor9
    10:54 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Here’s why I think WCS might come back. He’s going to be the 4th ranked big man in the draft this season. Depending on the way the draft plays out, he could go Top 15, but he could really drop. He really could lock up Top 10 if he comes back next year so I think it makes sense to really consider coming back.

66. Stand with rand
    10:55 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

The fact that rand stood alone with no support tells us everything we need to know… He’s fighting against something nightmarish and he’s in the minority that should make most sheeple care format least a few days.

Reality tv isn’t going anywhere but our rights are…..

67. Rockfield, KY
    10:56 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Having Teague this year would’ve made us a top 10 team all year. He runs the team so well, gets to the basket at will, and would be our best on-ball defender. We’d contend for back-to-back championships this year. Hell, Noel’s injury was the result of a lazy pass from a guard. You could argue Noel would still be playing if we had Teague.

68. Turner the Burner
    10:58 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

BUT, he may make $800,000 per year for 3 years…. 2.4 million after taxes and agent fees he will get 1.5- 1.8 million…. Can he go to the NBA and get a 2ND contract, or will he be there for 3 years… in and out of the d-league with 1.5 million and then have to play in Europe.

Stay….Develop and be ready to get to the NBA and prepared to get the 2nd contract. If you can’t play in the SEC why do you think you can play and earn that contract with the best players in the world?

69. Rockfield, KY
    10:59 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Is anyone on here actually going on this cruise? I really don’t want to go anywhere on a cruise if it’s not really warm.

70. ryan
    11:00 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

bluefins – we appreciate your input on the show thread. we like it so much we used it today on the show. keep up the good work

71. RealCatsFan
    11:01 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I agree with what is being said about players going pro if they are in the big money, but if that is the case they need to adopt something similar to the baseball rule for college BB. If they are good enough (top 10 recruit), let them test the waters right out of high school. If they go undrafted or don’t like where they are projected, let them go to college for a minimum of two years. NBA teams that draft kids with no college degree should also be offering some type of business school for them to learn about financial decisions. Far too many predatory leaches and hangers-on milling around these kids to suck them dry. Ask Antoine Walker…

72. Travis
    11:03 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Fifth region champs, John Hardin Bulldogs, tip against Fleming County during the first session. Hopefully the Dawgs can make a run in the tourney and extend their 20 game win-streak. Madison Central looks really tough to beat though.

73. Hash
    11:14 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

If Kentucky’s wins in the SEC tournament are the benefactors for them getting in to the NCAA tournament, will Cal still have the same attitude towards conference tournaments?

74. GORMAN
    11:14 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

The drummer form the black crows is from Hopkinsville. He went to University Heights Academy, the same school as Ravi Moss and Scotty Hopson. Also, his mom still teaches there.

75. Dee
    11:21 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

71. RYAN….what…you don’t like my input??? What am I chopped liver???

76. Dee
    11:22 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

74. NO…it’s not the SEC tournament that gets them in…it’s WINNING that gets you in. And it’s about winning NCAA titles at UK. SEC titles are nice….and pretty….but NCAA Titles are what it’s all about.

77. robuk
    11:23 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Castle is a great show! For you low information voters Rand Paul rocks.

78. quickie
    11:28 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Do not take libertarian ideas and try to claim they are liberal.

79. Linda
    11:29 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I feel your pain when I walk into White House Black Market. Size 2’s everywhere.

80. Hash
    11:31 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

77. A strong performance in the SEC tournament will be what gets them in this year. And the conference tournament that Cal always bitches about may be what saves him from the embarrassment of an NIT bid this year. I understand it’s about the NCAA championship but the SEC tournament has always been a big deal to me. I get the feeling it’s a big deal to other fans too, especially those that never get to go to UK home games!

81. So Matt is happy with Obama being judge, jury AND executioner. Got it. Yeesh. Your even nuttier than I thought.

82. Rockfield, KY
    11:33 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

75. Does Steve still have his sports talk show on 104.5 in Nashville? Dude does it all.

83. BigBlue
    11:36 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Haven’t listened yet, but I really hope Danny never calls in again. Besides Chester, he is the worst. Period.

84. Oh, and don’t compare what I said in 82 with what’s going on overseas. American citizens on American soil is TOTALLY different.

85. bigbluzooka
    11:40 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

69 Im not goin on the cruise but ive been on that same trip (dif boat) and I have to say its awesome. Def the best way to see Alaska. I prefer the carribean but its deff a great experience that everyone should try.

86. DrSayre
    11:40 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

RIP KSR and RIP Ryan’s Marriage

87. DrSayre
    11:41 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Is this Lexington’s version of Tony Vanetti?

88. Ryne
    11:46 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Dan love the whitley county shout out!!!! Never forget where you came from

89. quickie
    11:46 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Is there any way Mary Jo can replace Matt Walsh?

90. Stephen
    11:47 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Congrats yo Shannon the Dude for endorsing Big House Bouron. I was fully prepared to give it a try until I heard Drew Deener endorse it, whatever credibility Shannon gave that fine product was sabotoged by that little wiener! Sorry Shannon.

91. B
    1:48 pm March 7, 2013 Permalink

Damn, you can really tell Matt’s gone. 91 comments on the show thread. Either that or there were another 100 bashing Ryan that were deleted. Lol.