DaMarcus Smith was a no-show at UCF

DaMarcus Smith, the highly-touted recruit out of Louisville who ditched the Cards for UCF, was a no-show at camp for the Golden Knights in Orlando this weekend. Smith’s absence raised questions about his commitment to Central Florida, especially since he removed all UCF references from his Facebook and Twitter. However, reports are now saying that Smith failed to make the grade and he’ll be taking his talents to junior college.

Is this karma for what he said about Kentucky’s recent football commit, Tyrone Pearson? I say yes.

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for DaMarcus Smith was a no-show at UCF

1. Mr Schwump
    12:11 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

Strong tampering? Likely.

2. Buckets
    12:14 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

I thought his twitter said something about him being a 5-star, when he was a 4-star? Now it’s changed. Good job, KSR.

3. Buckets
    12:18 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

twitter handle

4. joker
    12:30 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

i think both UL and UK fans can agree. Brandon Bender may have ruined this kid for good

5. Jax Teller
    12:41 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

I have a buddy who teaches at Seneca 2 years ago he told me, D Smith is a hell of a football player, but dumb as a rock. It’s no surprise that reports are saying he has grade issues. #DSMITHZEROSTAR

6. Boogie
    1:01 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

I thought he graduated early trying to enroll at UL…now he is academically ineligible??? BS

7. Boogie
    1:02 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

I thought he graduated HS early trying to enroll at UL…now he is academically ineligible??? BS

8. Al's IndiCats
    1:03 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

I always thought UCF had enough coloring book Tutors to get their recruits eligible.

9. Tobias Funke
    1:06 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

So can we just say Louisville lost out on their prized “program-changing” recruit to a JUCO. Yes? Yes, I think we can say that, loudly and often.

10. Tommy B
    1:06 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

Its not karma. Pearson committed to UofL twice and then UCF and changed his mind everytime. Now going to UK, D. Smith would have a reason to jab at him. Pearson is not even overrated because noone knows him. As for D. Smith, for how bad he wanted to get out of the UCF commitment, he probably didn’t make the grades on purpose.

11. bluesince66
    1:40 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

No karma involved, it’s so much easier to just flunk out and be thought not very smart than it is just to decommit. Give me a break.

12. Rockfield, KY
    2:05 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

9. Now if only Bridgewater did the same thing

13. Jeff Shepherd
    2:40 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

I listened to two sentences this kid had to say and realized UK did not miss a thing. The cream always rises, and the crap always sinks.

14. Ira Tatum
    4:45 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

“Your not a star son if you have to tell the twitter world your committed to Kentucky. You aint gotta say nothin if u really the man”. DaMarcus Smith must be ‘the man’ because he didn’t ‘say nothin’ about the JUCO he’s going to.

15. Ghost of Bear Bryant
    5:28 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

UCF is actually a higher standards school than UK or UL accepting only 46% of for the Fall of 2009 (compared to UK at 74% and Ul at 76%).

You can’t use the old method (like “I’ve never heard of them”) of deciding if these Florida schools like USF or UCF are good at athletics or decent colleges for an education. Enormous funding is happening and they will both be passing the likes of the Louisville’s of the world in the near future.

There’s a reason you don’t see USF or UCF as a Kentucky cupcake game. We’d probably lose.