Dakari Johnson has something he’d like you guys to hear…

Via Dakari’s instagram account (@dslowmotion22)

Dakari Johnson, new member of the 7-foot tall club, visited the Cats locker room last and saw something that he liked– last year’s national championship banner. In fact, he liked it so much, he wants one for himself. See above.

I know we’re right on the cusp of a tournament run right now, but allow me to just say that next year is going to be fun. Like, really fun.

Article written by Andrew McCarthy

11 Comments for Dakari Johnson has something he’d like you guys to hear…

1. anxious
    8:20 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

I know everyone is expecting huge things next year but if we don’t get a few of these current players to return and provide leadership….we could be in the same boat next year as we are this year. Florida. Duke. Aren’t going anywhere

2. Gary
    8:23 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

Gonna make my mancave exactly like that.

3. mikeyUKfan1
    8:23 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

I’m glad to see the kid is already hungry, starving for a championship !
    Go Big Blue ! ! !

4. Blue Jesus
    8:26 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of fun, I’ve been watching videos from the John Wall days. I miss those guys. Damn you Mazzulla!!!!

5. Ridge Runner
    8:35 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

I like this kid already!

6. McCoyKY
    8:56 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

#3. If you remember before this year started, this current bunch of freshman were saying the exact same stuff. Next years team needs a couple returners from this season to make a run at the championship

7. Mark
    9:00 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

6, “Saying the Same thing” is good no matter who says it. It’s a positive, especially when sights are set high.

However, the simularities stop there. Once they get here and perform or don’t perform –it can’t be drawn to anyhing that has been “said”.

8. Cat fan
    9:30 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

#4, I still hate West Virginia to this day!!!! Still think if they could have had just 2 of their first 20 threes fall for the Cats against West Virginia they would have won it all in 2010. It was at least nice that we took West Virginia out the next year in the tournament on the way to the Final Four with Brandon Knight and crew.

9. WKYblue
    11:15 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

Regardless of who returns next year I’d like to commend next years recruits for committing to UK and for not dragging the process out. Next years recruits could play for any team in the country but they chose to play for UK. They made up their minds and committed. No game playing or glory grabbing in the process. Once the Harrison twins commited, James Young, Marcus Lee and Dakari Johnson could have said I’ll play somewhere else and be the star. I’m glad they are gonna play for us next year rather than be a star elsewhere. Thanks Dakari, glad you’re proud to be part of the BBN. Make us proud.

10. WKYblue
    11:23 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

BTW. I didn’t forget about Derrick Willis. He committed long before any of next years recruits. I hope he is the biggest surprise on the team next year. Would love to see him standout in the group. My point is if you can play for anybody in the country why wait until April to committ?

11. Viren
    11:31 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone else feel like just yesterday our Cats won it all. We are just right around the corner with the 2013 NCAA Tournament and feel like the off season and regular season went by just way to fast. Before we know it this season will be over and waiting for the next one to start.