It was quite the Sunday evening as Daisy de la Hoya, known to the world as Bret Michael’s sloppy seconds, Oscar de la Hoya’s niece and Tomlin’s high school classmate, made her return to television in Vh1’s Daisy of Love. Much like the other dating shows Vh1 has so generously given the world over the past few years, a number of male suitors booze and douche around in an effort to win Daisy’s heart (hidden under significant surgical enhancements) so they can take her home and introduce her to the loins that are most likely regretting spawning them.
In the end, Torch, Dropout and Swedish rockers 84, 85, 86 all said goodbye, but Weasel, 12 Pack, the Johnny Depp wannabe and the guy with “Fight or Die” tattooed on his neck made their way to episode #2. I can’t wait to not tune in next week….but I’m sure I’ll end up watching it on accident.
Now, onto the UK news…
(1) Hey, have you heard of this John Wall guy? Well, things continue to…well…not happen. A few weeks ago in his first interview with Matt, he said he wanted to decide by April 18. But, he didn’t. Then, he said last week that he would trim his list to “3 0r 4” schools Monday after returning from Miami. That too, apparently, will not happen either so don’t hold your breath all day. However, Wall did tell Matt that he plans to cut down his list at the end of the week and told Zagsblog that it would be Thursday or Friday. That is, of course, unless he changes his mind.
Simply based on text messages, live blog questions and emails, the anticipation of a decision from Rivals’ #1 player is destroying the psyche of UK fans. While that’s probably a sign of how important it is for Kentucky to land him (With Wall, they’re Final Four contenders but without him they’re between #15 and 30), I think we’re all fooling ourselves if we think anything is going to come out of this soon….unless UK is eliminated on Thursday or Friday. Then, it would be madness.
(2) While Bruce Pearl was spending some time in Cancun (more on that later today), Jeff Drummond at The Cats Pause reports that Coach Calipari was in Baltimore visiting Roscoe Smith last week. Smith is a 5-star small forward and currently ranks as the #11 player in the class of 2010. He has about a million schools listed on Rivals and has offers from them all. Here is some video on Mr. Smith.
(3) On that same note, Coach Cal, please get your twittering under control. I love your basketball updates but the motivational sayings and updates on dinner with your family might be a little much. It reminds me of when my dad discovered texting and started sending “Hi” and “Traffic in AZ is bad” for no reason. Not needed. Still love you, though.
(4) Day two of the NFL Draft finally saw a little UK action as Myron “Man Mountain” Pryor was selected by the Patriots in the 6th round with the 207th overall pick – the second of three defensive tackles selected by New England. Pryor should have a good shot of making the roster for the Patriots as they look to load up on bodies in case they take a free agent hit at the position after this season. Also, it’s being reported late tonight that safety Marcus McClinton will also be joining Pryor in New England as an undrafted free agent. Also, Tim Masthay signed a deal with the Colts.
(5) In news that could be very relevant to Kentucky, McDonald’s All-American Renardo Sidney visited Mississippi State over the weekend, according to Zagsblog. Sidney originally committed to Southern Cal but plans on checking out a couple of other schools.
That’s pretty much it for now. Stay tuned throughout the day as we get you updated on all the UK football and basketball news. See you in a few…