i

The nation’s top rising seniors are hanging out in Charlottesville, Virginia this weekend for the NBAP Top 100 Camp, and as usual, Kentucky is a popular topic of discussion. 4-star power forward Craig Victor might have put it best when he called Kentucky the “American dream school”:

“You could ask any player here about Kentucky and they’ll almost tell you the same thing. They are like the American dream school when it comes to basketball.”

Victor doesn’t have an offer from the Cats yet, but says that he’s hoping for one soon. In an interview with Brett Dawson, the 24th best player in the 2014 class said that he’s spoken to Cal, and he told him that he’s going to offer him a spot later this year. Victor’s also interested in Arizona, Ohio State, LSU, and Oklahoma State, and is interested in playing college ball with Stanley Johnson, the nation’s 12th best player.

Victor put it bluntly when he told the Herald-Leader’s Ben Roberts:

The only offer I’m waiting on is Kentucky,” he said with a smile. “I won’t lie to you, I’m looking forward to that.”

Watch him work:

16 Comments for Craig Victor calls Kentucky the “American dream school,” is waiting for an offer

1. jus sayin
    10:35 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

He wont get an offer from us. Sad. Wish him the best

2. KevinM
    10:45 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

A connection to Stanley Johnson can’t be a bad thing.

I gotta think Cal will find room for CV.

3. The Revel
    10:48 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

There’s an awesome chart of UK football commitments by John Clay if you want to steal it…errrrrrr…..link it.

4. Basteballer
    10:49 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Yeah. He’s only ranked #24. He’s too low for Cal to go.

Good luck, sucka.

(rolling eyes)

5. bleeding blue
    10:53 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

it’s good to be da king!

6. Michael F. Jox
    10:57 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

He looks like a really old Taj Gibson in that video. That video was horrible by the way.

7. DH
    11:22 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Why would a coach tell somebody they’re going to offer a spot later this year? If they are going to offer, why wouldn’t they just offer?? I’m sure there’s a logical explanation and I’ll feel dumb when I know the answer…

8. Boogie
    12:22 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

@7. I think it’s so he keeps his work ethic up and has something to work for. If he gets an offer he could just feel like he’s accomplished what he’s wanted and take the rest of the year off.

9. DH
    12:25 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

8) That’s as good as anything I could come up with. My first thought was that they can’t offer during certain periods, but I don’t think that’s the case

10. 7th grader
    12:27 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

#8 so I guess the 7th grader that Stoops offered a FB schollie to gets to take the next 5 years off?

11. 7th grader
    12:30 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

#7 I think it’s more likely that is an incomplete quote from Cal. Cal probably said “I will offer you a spot later this year if one is available after the 23 players above you have committed somewhere.”

12. J A Brooks
    12:40 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Right now, worst case, it looks like 2014 will most likely have the following…

G – Hawkins – So.
    G – Young – So.
    F – Wiltjer – Sr.
    F – Lee – So.
    F – Willis – R.S. Fr.
    F/C – Towns – Fr.
    C – D. Johnson – So.

Great chance we add Mudiay and at least 1-2 of the SG were after. Get this kid for depth in 14 and to soften what could be the losses of Wiltjer, Towns, Johnson, and Lee going into 2015

13. J A Brooks
    12:45 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

I know there’s a shot some combination of Johnson, Young, or Lee go pro but most likely at least 2 are coming back for and I personally think all 3 since theyll all likely start as Sophmores or at least greatly raise their stock.

Even if say Johnson goes pro getting a kid like this would make more sense.

I’d live to get okafor but I think we’ll have Johnson and Towns already and i think that’s good enough front court for a title so let’s get guards and wings that are elite for 14 and bigs that can be top players for 15 when we’re reloading.

Maybe I’m not making sense… Who knows

Making 2014 team

1. Mudiay/Hawkins
    2. Booker/ Vaughn
    3. Young/ Vaughn/ willis
    4. Towns/Wiltjer/ Craig
    5. Johnson/ Lee/ Towns

Which sets up 2015 Perfectly with a floor of…

1. 5* PG/ Hawkins
    2. Booker
    3. Vaughn/Wiilis
    4. Craig
    5. Lee (possible but unlikely)

3 peat?

15. DEASY
    1:11 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Least exciting highlight video of the year goes tooooooooooo…..

16. Han
    1:22 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

That sounds like he’s waiting for an offer to commit, but then again, maybe he just wants the offer to know he’s wanted here.