Courteney Cox’s Wednesday News and Views

It’s trivia time! Can you tell me which one of BTI’s celebrity crushes is celebrating a birthday today? Two hints… Hint #1: This person stars on a popular sitcom on network television and just signed on for a new season. Hint #2: This person is rumored to be dating a male co-star… Did you get it? Neil Patrick Harris!!! Neil Patrick Harris turns 38 today – but since we’re not really interested in Neil Patrick Harris, we’ll toast to Courteney Cox on her 47th birthday. Courteney Cox has been a longtime Hollywood hottie and it’s so hard to believe she is 47 today. I think Wikipedia may be lying. It seems like just yesterday we were all watching Scream and saying, “How in the hell did David Arquette pull that?” Now, we’re all watching Cougar Town and saying to ourselves, “How in the hell did David Arquette pull that?” Good for him, I guess. The two have since divorced and I’m on the prowl. So Courteney, if you’re reading this, I’d love to take you out tonight for your birthday. And for now, take these Wednesday News and Views as a token of my love. Hi, Josh!!!

To the news and views…

— When the clock struck 12:01 AM, college basketball coaches all over the country started calling recruits in the 2013 class to officially begin their recruitment. I’m sure Coach Cal is on the phone with a future McDonald’s All-American as I write this. I wonder who got his first call?

— The big news around these parts is still the NCAA’s ludicrous request for UK to apologize for the 500 wins ceremony. The apology clock is winding down before the NCAA will demand that school officials meet in-person with the NCAA Committee of Infraction. At this point we still don’t know if UK has responded to the letter, but surely they have and we’ll hear something soon. My hope is that once everything is settled, UK will release the five-page letter from the NCAA. The fans need to see it, right? We need to know how the committee could possibly waste five pages of official NCAA stationary on this petty issue. We need to read the entire letter and appreciate it’s comedic value. I want to see how many times it says “troubling”, “extremely troubling”, and “very troubling.” Do the right thing, UK. Accidentally drop a copy outside the Kernel offices if you have to. Make it happen.

— Now the national media is weighing in on the NCAA vs. Kentucky topic and Michael Wilbon said it best Tuesday on PTI. Wilbon said UK should tell the NCAA to “go to hell.” I can’t say I disagree. Can we just let Wilbon handle this? Then again, telling the NCAA to go to hell would only tick them off even more. The last thing we need is the NCAA looking for blood in Lexington. I could easily see Mark Emmert snooping around Twany Beckham’s shoe closet and Jon Hood’s meal plan records looking for dirt.

— Hey, I have an idea: Let’s honor every one of Coach Cal’s wins from now on. Flowers, handshakes, and game balls for every single win and then a full spectacle for the NCAA’s version of win #500. I’m talking about a tribute concert, fireworks, a parade, fighter jet fly-by over Rupp, balloon animals, and the whole nine yards. Let’s rub it in the NCAA’s face. Who’s with me? Sandy? DeWayne?

— On to non-NCAA B.S. issues…Josh Harrellson will be working out with the Jazz today in Utah. He’ll be joined by Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette, and three other draft prospects. Brandon Knight was supposed to be working out in Salt Lake as well, but Arn Tellem doesn’t see any reason why his client should work out against the Jimmer and Kemba. Walker and Knight are two viable options for Utah’s third pick and Jimmer could be an option at #12. The Jazz don’t have another pick in the draft so it’ll take a trade if there’s any chance of Jorts joining the team. In related news, NBA analyst David Aldridge just bumped Jorts from his #2 to #8 best center in the draft. Jorts is still #1 to us.

— Let’s move southwest to Los Angeles where the Clippers have exercised their third-year option on Eric Bledsoe. That means Bledsoe will be throwing alley oops to Blake Griffin through the 2012-2013 season. Bledsoe is going to be one to really keep an eye on next season to see how and if he develops into that true NBA point guard. We’d all love to see him starting in L.A. for many years to come. Go get s— right.

— And down in Miami, Jamaal Magloire said he will absolutely be playing in the NBA next season. Magloire hopes to stay in Miami but the organization will have to re-sign him this offseason because his contract expires on June 30. Zydrunas Ilgauskas is expected to retire so that certainly helps Magloire’s chances in Miami. If not, he is still a legitimate third-option at center and someone out there will offer him a minimum contract. The only question is, how many teams out there has Magloire not thrown a punch at? It can’t be many.

— It’s a good thing LeBron James didn’t go to college, he would’ve skipped the Finals. Ok, that’s the last time. I promise.

— I know you’ve been waiting months for this… Louisville unveiled it’s new away jersey for football season. We’ll be seeing these on September 17 in Commonwealth Stadium, only they’ll be covered in blood, sweat, grass stains, and Danny Trevathan’s helmet paint. I think it’s odd that Louisville would show off these jerseys before the season starts. It’s like if someone held a press conference to announce what suit they’d like to be buried in right before they were murdered. Because that’s exactly what’s going to happen in Commonwealth.

— In case you missed Beisner’s tidbit about it in last night’s News and Views, please check out this malicious NSFW tweet about Kyrie Irving. So you know, I will release a similar video the night before Big Blue Madness, but instead of Skyping with @RealMissHawaii, I’ll be watching UKCat8Fan’s YouTube videos.

— I’d like to extend a warm welcome to Aaron Cordero, who just joined the KSR family. As Matt mentioned in the post directly below this, Cordero is one of the best UK football guys around and we’re happy to have him on board. I love me some UK football so I can’t wait to read his coverage and I’m sure at least four of you football fans out there feel the same way. However, my concern with adding Cordero to the team is the lack of fridge space in the KSR break room. Will is just going to have to store those oranges for the swim team somewhere else. Anyway… Welcome aboard, Aaron. Now, carry this bag out to Beisner’s car. I said now, dammit.

— And in some heartbreaking news for KSR nation, Bomani Jones went anti-Kentucky and pro-NCAA on Around the Horn Tuesday afternoon. I know, it hurts. Bomani will stop by the radio show today to explain himself but we don’t need an explanation – we just need Bomani to pull the knife out of our backs.

Be sure to tune in to Kentucky Sports Radio radio edition on Talk Radio 1080 at 10 am. Judas will be stopping by.

Love you.

Article written by Drew Franklin

42 Comments for Courteney Cox’s Wednesday News and Views

1. UK Wildcat
    1:03 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Bomani Jones suck it

2. kentuckygentleman
    1:10 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Could anything get any more boring, YAWN!! Oh well, I guess it is mid June, wake me up when September BEGINS!! LOL!!

3. hmmm
    1:13 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Bomani who? Time to defollow ksr tweeters! Flood his inbox! Make mean threads on messageboards! Show your power!

4. mocha
    1:15 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Love you too

5. Garth
    1:18 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

When Drew writes these things it actually makes me not want to kill myself. Beisner, quit trying to make me kill myself.

6. KBIT
    1:27 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Be sure to ask Bomani Jones why in the hell is it ok for Ohio State players to be allowed to play in a bowl game after their scandal,or Aurburn QB allowed to play after what happenned their, and why Enes couldnt play. Also ask him why they havent asked UMass to take down their Final 4 banner,and UMass wasnt given hell over the Camby celebrations,and why Kentucky is expected to apologize when all the other BS the NCAA continues to let other schools get away,continues ! also tell Jones he has a right to be wrong,and he is, and 1 more thing,pass on the message to the NBA I said Im with Wilbon,and they can “Go to Hell !!!” Matter of fact,forget that last part,Ill send the note along and tell them myself….but thanks anyway.

7. Bobmiknob
    1:43 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Do you mean ARN Tellem?

8. RondosDribblingHand
    1:43 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

I can’t believe I’m the first person to comment on how hot Courtney Cox is. I seen her on Letterman about a month or so ago and he had pictures of her in a bikini on some beach somewhere. I’m only 29 but I would get with this 47 year old any time, rich and famous or not. Her body, those eyes, good Lord. I’ll be back in 3 minutes…

9. Cat fan in TN
    1:56 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

I stopped following Bomani on Twitter months ago when he implied baseball players were all racists for some stupid reason. I’m not surprised he said something like this….move along, nothing to see here.

10. Bomani Jones
    2:15 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Mr. Dagger, Meet Mr. Back.

11. Soulja Boy Tellem
    2:16 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Is Arn Tellem my daddy?

12. JBR
    2:22 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

I think that Sandy Bell should send the NCAA an “infraction” letter for ruining the education of an outstanding Turkish student and for having a vendetta against UK because all those a$$holes are jealous that their schools are not as successful.

13. ukcat8fan
    2:25 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Good God….I’ve hit the big time! Drew Franklin just gave me a shout-out in a KSR News and Views post! I just dont know what to say. I’m almost in tears! lol Thanks for the love bro! 😉

14. Han
    2:50 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

As a UK fan, I’m declaring Bomani’s opinion on that topic to be vacated. It’s fictitious and never happened. How dare you even mention it. It’s troubling. Deeply troubling. I don’t know how it could go any deeper or be more troubling. #thatswhatshesaid

As for Wilbon, I’m still mad at him for leveling his usual racist crap at us over Tubby, but since he’s also a long-suffering Cubs homer like me, I’ll call this a win.

15. RondosDribblingHand
    3:08 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

I wonder if sexn gonna comment on this pic?

16. KarlMalone
    5:01 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Am I the only one who noticed the gay joke to kick off the news & views? Hahaha… Wonder if Matt’s gonna fine Drew $25,000? But seriously, why has there been a zero tolerance policy here lately with gay jokes/slurs? ..if you don’t want to get made fun of for being gay, don’t be gay, dude. Go Drew. Go Gay Jokes.

17. enough already
    6:18 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

The NCAA is already looking for blood in Lexington, their just pissed because they can’t even find a used tampon

18. UKInsider
    6:50 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

NCAA will announce in the next 30 days that they are investigating Anthony Davis. Bash away.

19. SexnNursinHomes
    6:54 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

15- Courtney Cox is 47 years old. man she is on fire. If she had a yeast infection I’d let her queef in my face in 98 degree heat.

20. Chandler Bing
    7:28 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Agrees…..she is very nice to look at…..

21. tyson
    7:36 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

i dont know how he does it, but bomani jones out-egoes all of the KSR staff put together. he is never wrong in an argument (in his own mind anyway) and is a complete narcissist. this is as good a time as any to unfollow him.

22. Manchester
    7:40 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Bomani Jones – I used to like you, now I don’t.

23. RockCat
    7:50 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

I never did like Bomani.
    He drinks, he gambles, and he butchers the King’s English.

24. stevie
    8:02 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Bomani is a joke. He is an NCAA -ss kisser.
    There in no way for him to explain this away.

25. Al's IndiCats
    8:08 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

I wonder who pissed in Jones’s sugar frosted flakes this morning for him to go after UK like he did? Actually who gives a rat’s ass?

26. Karen Sypher's cell mate
    8:23 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Me likey!

27. Proof Read UR Sh..
    8:34 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Courtney is super-delicious-hot!!!! Josh is a lucky b—–d!!! Drew deserves a raise for a great write!!!

28. bmt22033
    8:36 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

I’m sure there are more than a few people asking themselves “who the hell is Bomani Jones”? And I suspect that was (at least) partly responsible for what he said. I really wanna get my name out there. Raise my profile. Get people talking about *me*. How can I do that?!? Hmmmm…….oh, I know. I can throw a jab at UK and/or John Calipari. That’ll bring Kentucky fans out of the woodwork. They’ll be talking about me for DAYS!!! It’s brilliant!

29. Tebkats
    8:44 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Doesn’t the new Louisville road jersey look a lot like the old Louisville road jersey?

30. Tom Handy
    9:04 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Bomani = Dead to me

31. CATastrophe
    9:08 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

CAN U ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE RADIO SHOW ON THE RADIO. I ALWAYS LISTEN ON MY COMPUTER BUT DON’T HAVE IT TODAY. PLEASE HELP!!!

32. Kemp's Pawn & Lube
    9:13 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Why not file an open records request for the letter? If they want to find a way to release it, that would give them a great avenue. Even if they don’t want to release it, that might do the trick. Make it happen.

33. Nutwrap
    9:48 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

I was telling a buddy that Bomani would be the only guy pro-UK on around the horn, but I was dead wrong. Mainly because of the knife in my back. He had to go prison shank all of BBN. No, jk, in all seriousness he had a good point of doing damage control. His opinion is seriously the best option, but is it the option that we as UK fans want to do? Hell no! We don’t want to have to be involved with petty crap like this. We want to tell the NCAA to shove it up their ya. But should we? Probably not. We probably should let this one go and move on. But, I still say we take the line from Eric Crawford as our apology:

Dear Public,
    Our Bad.
    Sincerely,
    UK

34. RockCat
    10:46 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

I never liked Bomani.
    He drinks, he gambles, and he butchers the King’s English

35. ThreeBux
    11:26 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Courtney is like a fine wine…..Only gets better with age…..Smokin hot!!

36. RondosDribblingHand
    11:40 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

Throw up a pic of Jennifer Aniston next time.

37. RondosDribblingHand
    11:49 am June 15, 2011 Permalink

19) Lol, yea I’d do the same.

38. Dude
    12:08 pm June 15, 2011 Permalink

Drew Franklin is a bum

39. cats11
    12:55 pm June 15, 2011 Permalink

Franklin’s the best writer on the site

40. Leigh Chiariello
    2:57 pm June 15, 2011 Permalink

What an awesome site. Keep up the good work. I sent it to 24 people so far. Want to share links? PLease post your link in to my comments and I will allow yours as long as you allow mine.

41. Zoomba McAdams
    6:52 am June 16, 2011 Permalink

“Louisville unveiled it’s new away jersey.” “It’s” is a contraction for “it is.” Does “Louisville unveiled it is new away jersey” make sense? Maybe you meant “its?” English, it’s not just for those living on the coasts anymore. (Notice how I correctly used “it’s?”

42. RondosDribblingHand