Couple Thursday Morning Vidjas

We knew Eric Bledsoe was athletic, but daaaang.  Wade is admittedly getting older, and has some nagging injuries, but that’s Dwyane Wade.  And Eric gave him a big “No Thank You” with that huge block as the Clips went on to win 107-100.  Bledsoe picked up 12 points (5/8), one rebound, one assist, one steal, and one mixtape highlight in only 17 minutes.

This one goes under the “Wish we’d known that earlier” category.  Eric Berry, a three-year safety at Tennessee, as it turns out is scared of horses.  Not as in, “I’d rather not ride that horse, thanks,” but as in, “I’d rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails than watch Secretariat.”  Which is true of a lot of people for totally different reasons.  But had we known about this earlier, pretty safe to say that the fans in the Horse Capital of the World might have been able to arrange a little something for his visits.  Or we could have made Rich Brooks wear this on the sideline.

Only one more day until the weekend, folks, and exactly one week until Thanksgiving.  And only one day until the Wildcats open up in Rupp and let out some frustration.  Curbe diem; go curb stomp the day.

Article written by Corey Nichols

23 Comments for Couple Thursday Morning Vidjas

1. Oogie
    9:04 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

D Wade… meet Eric Bledsoe

2. Corey Nichols
    9:13 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

I can’t stop watching it. It’s so… perfect. The timing is absolutely ridiculous; watch him match steps before jumping off. Unbelievable that he could do that without fouling.

3. Intensity
    9:17 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

You kidding me? Curb stomp the day? wtf…that’s in horrible taste and definitely starts my day on the wrong foot. That’s a disgusting way to disfigure and possibly murder someone with racist implications for a lot of people due to American History X. Thank you, but I’ll pass on disfiguring this beautiful day out of hatred and rage. You can have that one all to yourself, chief.

4. Rockfield, KY
    9:27 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

Eric Bledsoe is my height and gets up that high. Unreal.

Someone please give #3 a Xanax and a new tampon.

5. AMIRITE
    9:32 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

what’s up the announcers tiptoeing around the word “block” during this play?
    “he gets up and meets him.” “he contests the shot”
    how bout “holy crap bledsoe just pushed dwade’s ish in”.

6. Corey Nichols
    9:36 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

3 – You’d be surprised how your own inferences can mold other people’s statements to say something they clearly don’t.

7. Dee Snutz
    9:41 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

5- Funny, you complain about announcers not using the word “block” and then offer a suggestion for something they should have said and omitted the word “block” in your own recommendation.

8. bc
    9:43 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

“go curb stomp the day”, what are you talking about. Are you serious? This is complete trash.

9. Kumbaya
    9:46 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

I like how Corey can put together a rational comment in the comment section, but can’t seem to find the intelligence to put together a well written post.

10. haha
    9:57 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

Some of the people that comment here are some of the most sensitive people I have ever seen. Im gonna curb stomp this day and every day following!!

11. Eric Berry
    10:02 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

The REAL reason I don’t like hoses is that I’m afraid they will make my manhood look inadequate.

12. Dee Snutz
    10:11 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

11- It’s “horses”, not “hoses”.

13. Dee Snutz
    10:13 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

3, 8: What’s the difference in this or the old saying, “Make the day your b!tc#”? Seems to be the same general idea to me. More and more, the world is becoming a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

14. James K
    10:14 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

I wonder how in the heck Eric Berry became deathly afraid of horses? Where did he grow up?

15. Randy Marsh
    10:17 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

Haha, when you click the link to the horse mask, under product feature it reads, “Great conversation piece.” Hilarious. That’d be one boring conversation….as for all the butt-hurt people on this comment section, remember the old saying, “Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me.”

16. truBLU
    10:23 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

Whhhhhhhhhillbuurrrr

17. bc
    10:26 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

#13 There is a difference in a racial act to murder someone. I’m white, never get offended by anything, but it’s obvious that this isn’t appropriate.

18. HicksPickSix
    10:33 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

(golf clap)
    Excellent post, Corey! Your writing abilities can only take you so far, and centering this post around YouTube videos is the perfect way to fix your issues! Next time, consider including four videos and one sentence.

19. BR Spencer
    10:45 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

Wade is a whiney punk, glad to see Bledsoe get that block on him

20. NBA league pass
    12:30 pm November 15, 2012 Permalink

I woke my wife up to watch that block last night. Interestingly, she didn’t think it was as cool as I did.

21. Eek
    12:56 pm November 15, 2012 Permalink

Not hating on the post, but man the second sentence is borderline plagiarism from SBNation’s post of the same thing this morning.

“I know Wade is playing through a foot injury, but still, he’s Dwyane Wade.” He’s Dwayne Wade in italics from original post.

Bottom line, Bledsoe is a Boss.

22. krabcat
    1:24 pm November 15, 2012 Permalink

That was a top 10 play on ESPN. It would be interesting to have a daily section featuring UK & former UK players featured in the ESPN top ten.

23. Henry Earl
    2:14 pm November 15, 2012 Permalink

“I don’t mess with horses bruh, straight up. it might come over here and throw a tantrum.”