photo via @WILCATCOREY
While all you crazy folks are out there tailgating and raising hell with those fools dressed in red, other things happened to be going on. Let’s take a look at the general news of the day.
– Right now, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins are playing in a charity game at Coolidge High in D.C. Follow @TeamCousins for updates as the second half starts to wind down. John Wall has been tearing it up and he announced in jump-shot to be his new ‘secret weapon’ in his latest outing. The game is supposedly streaming somewhere on this site for 99 cents, but that’s a waste of one iPod app worth of money at this point. They are calling this game the Clash of Superstars and this liveblog is giving updates.
– There’s been lots of talk about Syracuse and Pitt already applying to join the ACC. This could cause a nuclear fall out for the conference system as we know it. Matt points out that Louisville may be left without a spot if a big time conference. Others contend that U of L would be welcomed by the Big 12. Only one thing is certain: Louisville sucks.
– In obscure sporting news, the UK volleyball team swept Auburn in three straight games last night.
– WE BEAT TENNESSEE! …in cross country. Both men’s and women’s.
– The Herald-Leader delivers a Q & A with UK football’s asst. coach Greg Nord.
– Chris Matthews just tweeted he’ll attend the game today. Good Luck to him getting on with another NFL team.
– Looks like Joe B. Hall will be jumping on the political bandwagon tonight when he appears in a commercial backing a politician.
– LOTS of recruits are in for the game today, and our own Aaron Cordero predicts that a windfall of commitments will come from a nice victory tonight. Huge chance for UK to wrap of some good talent for the future with a solid showing.
Go Cats! Live Blog at 6:30. Be here or else. Inebriation is the only allowable excuse.