Could the Cavaliers trade the #1 pick for DeMarcus Cousins?

boogie

Well, this is interesting.

According to ESPN Insider Chris Ford, several teams are interested in DeMarcus Cousins, including the Cleveland Cavaliers, Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Bobcats. Ford says Cavs owner Dan Gilbert is pushing to trade the team’s No. 1 pick ahead of next month’s draft and wants a young big man or small forward in return. The Cavs, Bobcats, and Mavericks are going to talk to Sacramento about possible trades once the team hires a new general manager to see if they’re willing to trade Cousins.

SheridanHoops also reports that the Cavs are taking calls from everyone regarding the number one pick, and are very interested in trading it for Minnesota’s Kevin Love. Despite all of the talk, Chad Ford remains confident that Nerlens is the frontrunner for the number one pick.

14 Comments for Could the Cavaliers trade the #1 pick for DeMarcus Cousins?

1. MN CAT
    5:33 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

The Wolves are not trading Love for the #1 unless they think they won’t be able to sign him once his contract expires (year after next, I believe).

2. cousin it
    5:42 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

No Way! I wouldnt trade Cuz for any 3 picks in this draft!

3. Jewisville1Cal4
    5:54 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

Haha. That would be one of the worst trades ever. Yeah, let’s trade one of the best C/PF in the game for an unproven college player.

4. nassau65
    5:54 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

Big Cuz, gett’n some love! I love it. still one of my faves.

5. Wildcatsteeler
    5:59 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

Why would either team trade Cousins or Love for the #1 pick?

6. nassau65
    5:59 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

Have i been a bad boy? every one of my comments says awaiting moderation? Was it because of my comments to a troll recently? If that is the reason, i apologize to the ksr crew. (not to the troll). TT-you are still my favorite, thanks for letting some of my comments through, but i guess i’ll just read here from now on. Do as you see fit, guys, it’s your place. have a good one.

7. wonthappen
    6:06 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

This rumor has been floating around for like a week now. No way this happens. New SAC ownership won’t let DMC go. They’re main goal is to move Tyreke and bring in Monta Ellis. Get with the program.

8. Jay
    6:24 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

Cousins is clearly unhappy in Sacramento. He needs to go somewhere with a star where he isn’t required to be the leader. SAC should do the trade while his stock his high because the relationship between the two sides will never be good. He may be one of the best PF/C prospects in the game, but he needs a change of scenery to reach All Star status.

9. ATB (Always True Blue)
    6:51 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

It would be a good fit for Cousins. I hope it happens or at least Washington. Now whats more interesting to me is Bledsoe to the Magic. If that happens Kentucky will have 4 starting PG’s , thats 13.3% of all the NBA’s starting PGs coming from Kentucky. They will have 7% of the starting PF’s. They already have 7% of the starting Centers and likely moving to 10% in the next couple of years. That’s something to think about.

10. millwooded
    6:57 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

i am a cousins fan, and i know he is a great person off the court. but, he has dug himself a big hole by his on court behavior…i hope dallas can make a deal for him. cuban will show him some love, and be patient with him.

11. Biglaw Dawgin
    7:56 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

This is essentially Noel for Cousins. If the Cavs pulled that off, it would be a steal (player wise), not cap space wise though.

12. Marshall
    8:50 pm May 29, 2013 Permalink

I would love to have him join Wall in DC. Washington should offer the #3 pick plus anyone on the roster except Wall or Beal. Offer to take someone else to make the salaries work. A foundation of Wall, Cuz and Besl would make washington a serious threat for the first time in years.

13. BNClay
    10:44 am May 30, 2013 Permalink

I agree with the general concensus of the board here. It would take something like this year #1, next years 1st rounder, and Dion Waiters for the Cavs to do a sign and trade for either Cousins or Love.

14. Ro
    2:51 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

Jay,
    You do not know the relationship between sac managent and demarcus…so shut the front door my friend.