Could Jodie Meeks team up with former Cats?

The man who scored 54 and could have gone for more is looking for a new home. After the 76ers didn’t offer him a new contract and signed shooting guard Nick Young, Jodie Meeks is exploring his options. In an interview with HoopsWorld, Meeks said that so far, interested parties include Los Angeles, Milwaukee, and Washington:

“I’ve gotten interest from the Lakers, Bucks and Wizards. There are five or six teams, but those three are at the forefront right now because I’ve been talking to them the most. I really like those teams and I like what they bring to the table. I’m looking forward to signing, whenever that may be.”

Right now, Meeks is spending the offseason in his hometown of Atlanta, training and waiting for the right team to come calling:

“I’m just trying to find the best fit for myself. I just have to be patient. I know that when it comes time to sign, I’ll be ready to help the team that picks me up. I’m staying in shape and keeping myself busy this summer. I’m keeping a winning attitude. I’m very upbeat and positive. I don’t worry about these kinds of things. I’m just letting it play out and I’m looking forward to next season.”

Could Meeks’ next move team him up with fellow Cats John Wall or Doron Lamb?

10 Comments for Could Jodie Meeks team up with former Cats?

1. Mike
    10:35 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

Is it really reuniting if they never played together in the first place?

2. Musehobo
    10:40 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, not reuniting…just joining I guess.

3. Dumbledore
    10:45 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

I hope he joins the Lake Show – they’re in desperate need of perimeter scoring from the bench, plus it’s his best hope of playing in a deep playoff run…

4. WildcatByTheGraceOfGOD
    10:54 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

OK, how sick are you going to be when Meeks is teamed up with Wall, and you see the drive and dish adding up to huge numbers for those two? We could have had #8 in Cal’s first season and #9 last year had Jodie hung around and played with Wall & Cousins.

Man what coulda been…

5. Marvin
    10:58 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

Root against Milwaukee. Would cut into Lamb’s PT.

6. schwing
    11:01 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

andrew wiggins plays for the sixers?

7. 00BBN00
    11:20 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

If only Jodie would have been patient coming out of college. National champion and first rounder would be on his resume. Personally I’m hoping he signs with the Lakers.

8. UKBlue
    12:16 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

Jodie going to LA

9. gossie21
    12:38 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

Even though I’m not a fan of the Lakers, LA seems to make the most sense. LA’s only SG is Kobe, so they could use a decent backup. Washington has Beal and Jordan Crawford at his position (he would likely beat out Crawford, but play behind Beal). Milwaukee has Monta Ellis ahead of him, and he would probably bump Lamb to the D-league.

LA has the best chance to play deep in the playoffs which should get him more exposure. Plus Kobe is getting old and has a tendency to get injured or sit out a few games on long road trips. It just makes sense all around. However, he will probably go to whichever team offers him the most money and the most years… which also makes sense.

10. James K
    2:02 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

Washington would be a good spot for Meeks.