Correction: Knight will wear #7

knight-jersey (via @TomLeyden)

Earlier today, Beisner erroneously and maliciously reported that both Brandon Knight and Enes Kanter would wear the #0 jersey for their respective teams. New details have surfaced that indicate that Knight will, in fact, wear the #7 jersey for his new team in Detroit.

Seriously, Knight said that he wanted #7 originally because seven teams passed on him, but went with #0 because Ben Gordon already wore #7. When he found out that Gordon had already planned to switch to #8 next year, Knight went with #7 after all. He’ll join notable Pistons like, um, pretty much just Ben Gordon, to don the #7 jersey, with Carmelo Anthony and Lamar Odom headlining the list of sevens in the league today.

Article written by Hunter Campbell

I used to write here.

16 Comments for Correction: Knight will wear #7

1. TheLaw
    2:28 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

Seven, just like the amount of national championships we have…that is, until next year!

2. Ich Neisse Neil
    2:29 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

So Brandon is really ticked about going to the Pistons?

3. kbriz32
    2:37 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

Weren’t there only 6 teams that passed on Brandon since Cleveland had 2 picks?

4. TheLaw
    2:37 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

2- I think his frustration has to do more with being surprised that so many passed on him, not because he ended up in Detroit. That’s alright, it’s just more motivation for an already driven person…he will do well.

5. Shaffer
    2:39 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

Shouldn’t he wear #6 then? Only 6 teams passed on him because Cleveland passed on him twice. Anyhow like 7 far better. Go F them up Brandon!

6. WildcatFan
    2:41 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

I love the confidence and swagger that our guys carry with them to the NBA! I’m sure Brandon is very happy having been chosen by Detroit, but temporarily being “an underdog” just might help him have an even bigger rookie season vs. had he been picked in the top five. Kinga reminds me of the line from the movie Tombstone, “You tell em’ I’m comin’ and hell’s comin’ with me!” BK now feels like he has alot more to prove. Go get em, Brandon….the BBN has no doubts that you won’t!

7. Lex07
    3:41 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

I do like the swagger from Brandon on this, even if he does have the number of teams wrong. Too bad it is going to take him a while to make the teams pay, though– he is not strong enough physically to hold off NBA guys and will be taken out of his game early in his career. By the time he is physically strong enough, all of the current emotion will have worn off.

8. Hi my name is Lex07 and I'm an ftard
    4:28 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

I’m an ftard.

9. CA UK FAN
    4:47 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

He’s a little bitter for an instant millionaire.

10. Umm
    5:37 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

What’s the point of making 100 word posts? If there is nothing to post about, then don’t post anything.

11. TheVig
    5:58 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

Is it just me or does he just not seem allthat thrilled about his decision.

I say own it if you do it. Absolutely own it! Whatever you do.

12. grinch
    6:03 pm June 25, 2011 Permalink

Wow, Knight i really bitter about his draft outcome. Play ball young fella.

13. ky1der
    1:06 am June 26, 2011 Permalink

Didn’t Kenny Walker wear number 7 for the Knicks? Good Luck to Brandon and the rest of the new NBA Cats.

14. KYBLUE
    1:10 pm June 26, 2011 Permalink

Lot of guards in Dtown its going to be a while before we see him again……….

15. KYBLUE
    1:12 pm June 26, 2011 Permalink

plus everyone is talkin about how week that draft class really was and then a hold out………. he should still be in ky and he knows that… wish him the best of luck…next years class could be the best class EVER to enter the NBA

16. Tayshaun Prince