Coming to Commonwealth Stadium this season? Read this.

Security Bin Diagram

Last week, we told you about the NFL’s new safety policies concerning bags that will be in effect for UK’s game against Western at LP Field. Now, it looks like the folks at UK are adopting a similar policy, albeit a little less severe. From UK’s release about the new safety policies at Commonwealth Stadium:

Beginning with Kentucky’s 2013 home opener against Miami (Ohio) on Saturday, Sept. 7, backpacks and large bags are prohibited from entering Commonwealth Stadium. Fans will be permitted to bring in one small bag, no larger than 13.5 inches by 10.7 inches. The bag must fit within sizing bins at all entrance gates of the stadium. UK officials are encouraging fans to arrive early and bring as few items as possible into the stadium.

Still confused? Check out the handy diagram at the top of this post.

Also, if you’re coming to Nashville, LEAVE THE PURSE AT HOME! Fans will be allowed to bring in a small clutch (no longer than 6″) or carry their belongings in a gallon-size freezer bag or a clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag that does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”. Seriously. This is how I feel about that:

And gum.

29 Comments for Coming to Commonwealth Stadium this season? Read this.

1. BosnianSloot
    10:33 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

Dammit, does this mean I am going to have to leave my pressure cooker at the tailgate?

2. BosnianSloot
    10:35 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

I barely have room for my Tide stick, airplane bottles of champagne, LOST PUPPY posters, kitty litter, anorexic husband, LuLu Lemon pants in case it hails, sunscreen, goofy sunglasses, WLEX buttons and wildcatchad as it is.

3. Just Saying
    10:38 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

So I guess feminine hygiene privacy is now out…good luck NFL security

4. It's my choice
    10:46 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

Lawsuit from feminist group claiming discrimination in 3.2.1..

5. CatFan26
    10:51 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

Anyone know when football season tickets will be mailed out?

6. deWildcats
    11:03 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

Citizens Rights and Freedom being dismantled in baby steps, NSA monitoring everything, security systems examining our naked bodies – and now our leisure time being controlled.

7. jaws2
    11:25 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, but WE’RE winning the ‘war’ on terror?

8. Wendy G
    11:28 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

Thank you, Tyler, for posting that video…LOVED it! I actually laughed out loud.

9. @KrisShera
    11:39 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

Gonna be hard for families with kids in diapers. Even our small diaper bag is bigger than those dimension. I guess we could figure out a way to carry diapers, wipes, desitin, vaseline, changing pads etc. in ziplock bag. Pretty soon we’ll have to take off our shoes and belts to come in. I’m pretty sure this is Tom Jurich’s fault.

10. Michael F. Jox
    11:45 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know, but the first 2 comments cracked me up 🙂
    Good job, BosnianSloot.

11. Hmm
    11:46 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

#9 I love kids and have a couple myself, but I have never understood why you would want to take a baby still in diapers to a football game. Really, is it because a memory of the game at 15 months old will be cherished by your child forever? Here’s an idea…leave the diapers, wipes, desitin, Vaseline, and changing pads at home with your babysitter along with your baby. The guy sitting beside you will also appreciate it.

12. Hmm
    11:48 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

Yes #10 terrorist jokes making light of tragic events are always hilarious and in good taste.

13. @KrisShera
    12:00 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

#11 thats cool that you don’t want to take your kids to football games, but we do. The memory of us at the game with our 15 month old will be cherished by US. Sorry you don’t get that. I take pride in the fact that both of my kids have been to their first UK games against Louisville while only months old. My oldest saw his first road win when he was 3 months old at Auburn (remember that one?). Whether or not they remember them isn’t exactly important, and additionaly traveling with your children has a tremendous impact on their growth and development even at this young of any age. Its fun for us, and actually in 212 the people look foward to seeing our kids every season and how much they’ve grown. We love them, they’re a part of out lives as much as we are a part of theirs so we take them to football games. Also, I’m not poor or anything, but after spending cheddar on season tix (plus our annual road game) and tailgating accoutrement, we aren’t exactly looking to shell out the money for a babysitter to attend every game.

14. SeoulCat
    12:02 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Yeaaaaah, buddy. Because Islamic fundamentalists are itching to wreak havoc and destruction at Kentucky football games!

The real terrorists aren’t hiding in desert caves. They are hiding behind bureaucratic veils of “security” in the good, ole US of A.

15. SeoulCat
    12:05 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

#13 “my oldest saw his first road win when he was 3 months old at Auburn (remember that one?).”

I can remember it. Too bad he never will. Bring your kids as long as they don’t disturb others. If they scream, yell, and defecate all over themselves, then quit being a selfish a**hole and don’t dump your problems on others. Prick.

16. Die Sheeple
    12:10 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

The Land of the Free and Home of the Brave? HAHAHAHA! We ain’t free or brave any more. And we’ve done it to ourselves. Wake up Sheeple!

17. @KrisShera
    12:15 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

#15 Did you read my post? The fine folks in 212 enjoy seeing my kids. I’m not dumping problems on anyone, and I cetainly don’t see how you think I’m being a prick? So should people with babies just do anything with them because they won’t remember it?

18. Linda Taylor
    12:15 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

13 – Good for you. Those kids will grow up with great memories of friends and family and look forward to football season every year. The first thought I had when I saw those bins was how would a diaper bag fit in one of those things.
    Thanks for posting that video TT. It was hilarious. Men just don’t get purses. Although the older I get the smaller the purses get. It’s amazing how heavy I can make even a small purse. One comfort I have is that if I ever need it to be a weapon it would surely knock a guy out if I swing it hard enough at him.

19. Hmm
    12:22 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

#13 my kids are older now. I do take them to games and have for a long time, just not when they were in diapers., I also have season UK bball tickets around a bunch of folks that have been sitting there for years. Ironically, I suppose, I have 3 seats together, so taking my 2 kids with me has been fun for years. Lol, last year I sold my tix to a young couple with a 3 year old son (craigslist). The next game, I was fairly politely asked by the folks around me if they were friends or relatives. I said no, they said good. Don’t sell the tix to them again, the kid got bored 5 minutes into the game and was a terror all night! Lol, I am sure your kid will fondly remember as a 3 month old being tormented by noise, loud music, hot sun, cold wind and lack of a comfy nappy place as he sits through a 3 1/2 hour game. Reminds me of parents that lavish gifts on their child when they are 2 months old their first Xmas. Lol, just give em an empty shoebox. 5 years from then, it won’t matter one bit. Glad you enjoy the games with your fam. Just saying its a little absurd to complain about not being able to bring all the baby stuff when a 15 year old can babysit for $7 an hour, and again, 5 years from now when your child is 6 and starts going to games, he won’t care a bit. your post reminded me of seeing parents pushing babies in strollers on the way crowded strip when I went to Vegas recently. I just wondered “WHY”? Does baby like 107 degree heat, the slot machines, standing in line, Vegas shows or are mom and dad just gluttons for punishment? Good day and enjoy the season!

20. @KrisShera
    12:54 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

#19 the difference between me and the people you sold your tickets to is that if my kids get bored and fussy I walk around with them and don’t stay in my seats. I realize not everyone is like that. I also come prepared with food, candy, and treats to keep them occupied and as bribery for good behavior. I also don’t sit in our seats if its too hot, like the folks in Vegas you mentioned, that would be unbreable for me even!

21. Samuel Adams
    12:58 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Right on, #14. The real terrorists are the IRS and them ‘thar other alphabet-agency bureaucrats, like NSA, et al. If people don’t know, it’s ALREADY BEEN ANNOUNCED that Hitler’s TSA minions will ultimately provide “security” at sporting events (like UK games), malls, highway checkpoints, etc. Welcome to Amerika’s police state! And UK officials, gee, thanks for rolling out the red carpet for them.

22. Michael Dyer
    1:18 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Will me and my boy pj harriston still be allowed to bring our glock 9s in?

23. No Women
    1:27 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Good! Women don’t belong at sporting events anyway. Nothing worse than a female “fan”. Find another social event to attend and leave the sports viewing to men. tailgate I suppose but stay your asses in the parking lot and clean up.

24. chstrckwl
    1:43 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

#5 I got mine in the mail yesterday.

25. Linda Taylor
    2:21 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

I see a business opportunity. Maybe I’ll start a company making see-through vinyl bags with the 12 x 12 x 6 dimensions that have convertible straps on them. Just curious, would anyone reading this be interested in buying any? Of course the straps and seams would have UK themes and royal blue zippers.

26. Bombs away
    3:11 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Being a chemist, I feel that the size of the bag does not matter if someone does want to bring in an explosive or any other “terrorist devices”.

27. kingrex
    3:17 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

All these checks at sporting events, the new policies adopted by the NFL and women’s purses are just ridiculous. It is all part of a process to slowly dumb us down and get us used to this kind of Big Brother/1984 monitoring. I hope now it is obvious to most people that slowly but surely the American people are now officially seen as the enemy of the government. This is not political because the left right paradigm is an illusion. It does not matter who is in office nor what party holds the power. The same outline has been and will be followed no matter who they put in office. They give us these silly issues to obsess and argue over, turning us against each other while the real important “news” is ignored or hidden. What is happening is criminal.

28. ukcat1
    3:35 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Evening game….rain expected…..November………How many people are going to be sitting there without being able to bring in rain gear, blankets, scarves, hats, gloves??? With a record that is not good attendance won’t be either. WHAT REALLY UPSETS ME IS THE HALF ASSED SECURITY CHECKS THAT WOULD NOT FIND AN ASSULT WEAPON OR ANY OTHER WEAPONS.

29. Tampa Satchel