Coming soon to US 27: The Joe B. Hall Bridge

Photo by Chet White | UK Athletics
joebcal

Getting a bridge named after you isn’t just an honor for policemen and state troopers. On Friday, August 23 at 5:30 p.m., a new bridge on U.S. 27 just north of Cynthiana will be dedicated to former UK coach Joe B. Hall. Hall, a Cynthiana native, will be on hand for the dedication, along with state and local officials.

I hear it takes you to the best fishin’ spots in Harrison County.

9 Comments for Coming soon to US 27: The Joe B. Hall Bridge

1. Miller talent
    7:04 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Denny and Joe are coming down to Cumberland to go fishing with Tallent guide service. Denny caught a 27 pounder last time. This will be Joe’s first time with me

2. DH
    7:09 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

That’s pretty cool. Congrats, Joe B.

3. BBN
    7:28 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

I love Joe B. Hall and think he deserves the recognition. However, I feel the university has not done enough to recognize Adolph Rupp. I know we have Rupp Arena, but he also deserves a nice statue located on campus.

4. Al/in/Indy
    7:38 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Couldn’t happen to a better person. Joe B.!!!!!!

5. Jeff
    8:37 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

After UK tore down Joe B Hall complex for the coal complex,I am glad Joe B is being recognized. He is a Kentucky native and a good man. Congrats coach!

6. Blue To The Bone..
    8:59 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Joe B. also has a street named after him in Shepherdsville…

7. Lil c
    9:09 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

I love hearing stories like this. Joe B is one of the greatest college coaches ever. He continues to represent the university and the state of Kentucky with pride and class!!

With that said…… Somebody please explain to me why Pitinos name is STILL hung in the rafters next to names like Joe B Hall???

8. bigcatstanding
    10:11 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

#7 You got that right can’t stand the home wrecker, but on the other hand having him at loser Ville allows John Calipari 4 easy victories every four years in the so-called rivalry. For the people questioning my math Calipari last 4 years four wins only one los against Ricky, 2 years ago taking 2 games the same year. GO BBN ILF#9

9. SadCat