Come on UK, Seriously?

If Darius Miller’s name is misspelled in the official UK Graduation Program, how is there hope for anyone else?

Article written by Matt Jones

26 Comments for Come on UK, Seriously?

1. Ridge Runner
    3:42 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Pathetic. No excuse for that.

2. ltylerj
    3:43 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Are you serious? That is embarrassing.

3. Chewy
    3:47 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Wow, thats horrible….

4. CATS
    3:47 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

who cares. It’s not like the entire academic realm of UK revolves arounds the two basketball graduates. It will be okay people, it will be okay

5. Ridge Runner
    3:50 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

4. This would be bad no matter who the graduate is. It happens to be Miller and we all are like family to him & Eloy, thus our reaction that it’s embarrassing. Plenty of us care.

6. Roland
    3:54 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

UK Graduation Program brought to you KSR style: most ridiculous manner possible.

7. DavisBrow
    3:55 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Who let BTI make the program? They should automatically be fired…

8. swifty
    3:57 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

hope they spelled it right on his diploma

9. CATS
    3:59 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

5. very true. I’m not saying its not a big deal to the family. But, I’m sure the people make mistakes when there are 5000 names to type on a program which is why i just don’t see the point in getting too upset over the fact it happened. I’m sure it happened to some nerd with a computer science degree who did just as much work to graduate as a bball player. I love the ball team, but sometime the little things that get people made is just a little annoying.

10. Buddy is still around
    4:00 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Prolly made in pikeville!

11. Burger
    4:02 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Hence why I propose that anyone making over $100,000 a year at UK be mandated to proof the “results” of the University.

Each person gets a column from the graduate list to proof – that they are responsible for.

Graduates as the results. The reason for the University. If someone has the ability to be valued by the University above $100,000, they should be “responsible” for seeing the final results are documented with the highest of esteem.

This is unacceptable – Dr. Eli Capilouto. No more videos for you! You will be held accountable and reviewed under the strictest limits of academic disciplinary review.

12. Big Blue 66
    4:08 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

9. “im sure the people make mistakes when there are 5000 names to type on a program…”…no there really shouldnt be from a University of higher eduation, there really shouldnt be

13. SayHarrowToTheRepeat
    4:15 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Who names their kid “Thanh”?

14. Derrick Millar
    4:15 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Are you sure UK is wrong? UK fans thought I was Derrick Miller when I was there

15. Ridge Runner
    4:16 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

12- agreed. Not at this level and this event.

16. Grammar police
    4:26 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Hey 11, “that they are responsible for”

Shouldn’t that read “for which they are responsible?”

Grammar … it’s not just the nickname for your grandmother.

17. I.B.Speller
    4:39 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

At least they got Elroy Vargos spelled correctly.

18. Darious Miller
    4:48 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

Na, y’all were spelling my name wrong this whole time.

19. Marqueens Teeg
    4:54 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

That’s why I’m takin my talents to the League friends. Couldn’t take seeing my name misspelled when I graduated.

20. BCG
    4:58 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

I remember that McClintock kid. He knew how to play tough. He was tough and had a great video. I would have offered him in 5th grade.

21. Straightbent
    5:01 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

There is no excuse for misspelling anyone’s name on a graduation program. The person responsible for this should be fired. Ridiculous!

22. Linda Taylor
    5:05 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

13–We used to have neighbors who were refugees from The Democratic Republic of the Congo. They had a huge family. One of their daughters was named Thank You God. She was born in a refugee camp in Tanzania when the family found out they were going to be able to come to the US and in appreciation to God they gave her her name. They call her Thank You for short. It reminds me of Gods Gift Aichua (sp?).

23. Burger
    5:24 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

#16 – Eli, that you? Where were you when they printed the program?

24. ZombieLibrarian
    6:46 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

You beat me to it, #20. Well played.

25. BNClay
    9:26 pm May 6, 2012 Permalink

One of my wife friends got a Masters degree and the official diploma had the wrong field of study listed. Took her like a year to get it a corrected.

26. Joe Derringer
    10:24 am May 7, 2012 Permalink

More UK embarrassment

Lip service #1 “UK wants and will encourage the brightest and best Kentucky students to stay in Kentucky and go to UK.” Total BS.

Lip service #2 “When doing business, UK always looks at Kentucky businesses first, and disadvantaged or minority owned businesses have even higher priority.” …The truth, Bribes speak louder than in state loyalty.

Shame on UK for saying such things with no intention of doing either.