Come get your Champions Classic tickets!

The question we’ve all been asking was just answered. Tickets for the UK-Kansas game in Madison Square Garden go on sale on October 6th on Ticketmaster.com or the Madison Square Garden box office.

Ticket prices still haven’t been announced but that doesn’t matter. I’ll cough up my life savings for this one. All $300 of it.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Come get your Champions Classic tickets!

1. GoCats2
    1:09 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

Concerning the poll question, I cant figure out why UK basketball fans would not want to be in the ACC. I understand that we dominate this conference and our history is all about our SEC dominance but as a fan who always wants to play the marquee matchups(like this Kansas game) I would think it would be fantastic to possibly play UNC, Duke, Maryland and now PITT and Syracuse possibly twice a year.

2. wildcatfan11
    1:14 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

dumb

3. Scott
    1:31 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

The first matchup between UK and KU comes on Wednesday when Ellis decides…come on down big guy!

4. mocha
    1:32 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

will be buying tickets and reselling at crazy insane prices.

5. FACT
    1:32 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

Madison Square Garden in located in New York City.

6. Presale Code
    1:43 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

Can you hold off on spilling the presale code for like 5 minutes? That way those of us that actually get the code can use it…seriously.

7. GoBigBlueCatsFan
    1:53 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

Beat-down, Beat-down, BEAT-DOWN!!!! Cats will own the Gardens and KU!

8. GoBigBlueCatsFan
    2:00 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

Beat-down! Beat-down! Give KU a BEAT-DOWN!

9. BlueGreas
    2:03 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

Thats funny after a month of garbage on the events facebook page and going back and forth with UK ticket office. I bought mine from Kansas’ website this weekend…ah well. Major fail on how this event was handled. And UK’s ticket distribution sucks too.

10. JackB
    2:47 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

Are these UK tickets or general public tickets?

11. JackB
    2:50 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

I did the same thing BlueGrass did – bought from KU over the weekend. I may buy another set just to see if I can get better seats and sell the others. I am very disappointed with how UK has handled this. Could not get a clue about when or how to buy tickets on-line or from the ticket office.

12. Jason
    4:08 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

@JackB/BlueGreas – Other than being in the Kansas cheering zone, those are standard non student tickets?

That makes absolutely no sense.

13. JackB
    5:05 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

UConn game in MSG two years ago was a great experience.

14. JackB
    5:10 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

I called KU tickets on the phone. What I was told was the tickets would be assigned in order of “points” (meaning how much money you gave to KU last year). I told the person I did not give b/c I did not live in Kansas so all my Kansas games were away or these types of games (both statements true – also true that this will be my second Kansas game, the other being the final four in 1993). They said I would be guaranteed seats in the 100 section since I paid for that, but I would get assigned towards the end of the line with other zero point folk. Meaning seats in the 100 section but likely in the end zone area. That’s all I can say. I will try to get seats mid-court in the public sale, but if it is anything like UK/UConn, there won’t be anything at mid-court left by then. I got my good seats for the UConn game from a Georgia booster where the demand for the UGA v. St. Johns first game was almost non-existent.

15. tgh3316
    7:51 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

FTR, Here are the ticket prices for UK/ku that where sent to me as a UK basketball season ticket holder. UK basketball season ticket holders were able to buy their tickets for the game about a month ago.

Seating Level:
    100 Level All & 200 Level Sidecourt-$105
    200 Level Corner & 300 Level All-$65
    400 Level All-$35

16. Mashman
    9:51 pm September 19, 2011 Permalink

You can purchase tickets for this event RIGHT NOW from the Kansas Jayhawks website. I bought mine last week. Let’s own this event.

17. Jumped the shark
    5:44 am September 20, 2011 Permalink

Stupid question: What day is the GAME? That would be good to know.