Collins Ukwu and Matt Smith named team captains

The news just keeps pouring out of the Nutter training facility! Defensive end Collins Ukwu and center Matt Smith were voted team captains for the season by their teammates.

Offensive guard Larry Warford and cornerback Martavius Neloms were also named game captains for the season opener against Louisville.

Unfortunately, good news came with bad news: Joker also announced that tight end Anthony Kendrick is ineligible for one semester due to academics.

Go Cats.

7 Comments for Collins Ukwu and Matt Smith named team captains

1. theWilkman
    12:19 pm August 24, 2012 Permalink

Is that Andre3000?

2. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    12:25 pm August 24, 2012 Permalink

Isn’t the entire football season 1 semester?

3. UKani
    12:33 pm August 24, 2012 Permalink

TE position…OUCH!!!! That really hurts not having Anthony Kendrick at TE this season. Double dose of Ronnie Shields receiving and Tyler Robinson blocking…

4. Musehobo
    12:56 pm August 24, 2012 Permalink

After seeing Peppers’ grades, how bad do your grades have to be to be ineligible? It makes me wonder.

5. Common Sense
    1:20 pm August 24, 2012 Permalink

Anthony Kendrick had so much promise coming out of high school and while talking to Randy Sanders this summer he was so relieved to say that Kendrick had finally “come around”. Now this happens, is he turning into the next Aaron Boyd?

6. BilLDozer
    1:49 pm August 24, 2012 Permalink

Kendrick never has done anything on the field and I did not expect anything from him this year. He looks good in a uniform, but that’s about it.

7. dick gosinia
    2:19 pm August 24, 2012 Permalink

Anyone besides me wonder how come you never hear about UofSmell football players ever being academically ineligible? I know they aren’t recruiting players any smarter than ours. How is Tommy Turtleneck keeping them eligible? I bet this UNC scandal is scaring the sheet out of UL.