College Gameday comes to Rupp on February 23rd

Listen to me! LISTEN TO ME!

ESPN just announced that College Gameday will come to Rupp on February 23rd, 2013. The network didn’t announce who the Cats would be playing on that day, but dear ole Digger Phelps said it would be Florida during an interview back in July. Gameday will also visit Butler, N.C. State, Indiana, Kansas, and Notre Dame or Cincinnati.

I vote we make Digger sit upstairs.

UPDATE: ESPN has announced the Cats will face Missouri in the Gameday game, which will tip at 9 p.m. Lies, Digger, lies!

26 Comments for College Gameday comes to Rupp on February 23rd

1. Common Sense
    11:26 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

Digger will constantly get boo’ed and then at the end will say he predicts UK to win just to win back the fan base, don’t fall for it!!!

2. johnwaynelives
    11:28 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

I can’t wait for the day to come. Sumbitch has it coming to him.

3. PsychOfMSE
    11:30 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

I’d put money on Digger not showing.

4. Tim Buck 3
    11:31 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

Why is everyone sleeping on Jon Hood.. kid will be a beast this year.

5. mike
    11:32 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

digger wont show up i garuntee it. with the addition of bruce pearl to espn’s staff i wouldnt be surprised to see him there instead. but itll be interesting to see what the gameday staff is made up of with the loss of hubert davis

6. MustacheMan
    11:32 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

This is going to be awesome, I fully expect everyone to heckle him anytime he opens his mouth. Did someone say “LISTEN TO ME” T-Shirts?

7. Me
    11:35 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

Come on guys, let’s be the bigger man and not be an ass to Digger and look like a bunch of crybabys because he raised his voice at us. Let’s let it go.

8. mike
    11:37 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

#7, how about lets give him hell and boo him because its fun. eh?

9. mike
    11:37 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

i want bob knight to show up…

10. tltaworl
    11:45 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

Boo him until he can’t be booed anymore. You don’t disrespect the BBN and get away with it.

11. Jeff J
    11:51 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

Gameday in Rupp on my birthday! YES PLEASE.

12. JPhelps
    12:04 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

I think a chant of “Listen to Me” is well in order… It would make Bilas laugh!

13. Stan
    12:04 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

I say give him hell,he deserves it.

14. Greg
    12:05 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

We need to boo him so you can’t understand him on tv, not that anyone cares to. But if he walks in and everyones nice to him he will walk out with his head up saying we’re a bunch of pansys. So lets rain heckling on him for 2 hours

15. barn
    12:12 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

every time he starts to speak, we should all yell “listen to me! listen to me!” we could have a real boo bash if boob nite would show up. but no way that will happen

16. Gavin S.
    12:16 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

Pretty soon Digger’s face is going to one giant age-spot. That’ll be cool.

17. Devastation INC
    12:44 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

He will come in with a wounded vet or disabled kid or something and out tact UK again

18. UKBlue
    1:03 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

IF ESPN & Digger were smart, Digger would take a sick day. Then again, Digger you did it to yourself, you deserve whatever you get.

19. Bucky Small Hooves
    1:38 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

Listen to Me! ESPN sends over Digger’s specific itinerary (on a posterboard with jumbo lettering) months in advance, so that Digger can get mark those dates on the fridge calendar he picked up for free at the credit union. Digger assumed he would be attending all of the gameday dates when he announced them earlier, when, in fact ESPN decided not invite their resident grumpy old man.

20. Bob Sugar
    2:05 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

Like I’ve said on numerous occasions. The SEC and Mitch Barnyard are trying so hard to manufacture a rivalry between UK and Missouri. ESPN and KSR no doubt will fuel this synthetic rivalry and play right into the league and the programs hands and justify this idiotic inclusion of Missouri and Texas A&M.

21. kybigblue
    2:06 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

UK for years has played UF in the last game of the season in early March so unless that has changed the Feb. 23 date for UF didn’t make sense.

22. tyrus
    2:23 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

I can see it already. Days leading up to Feb. 23rd there will be numerous posts by the top dogs of KSR telling BBN to stay classy. Don’t do anything to embarrass yourself and/or the school on national TV. Maybe between now and 2-23, BBN can think of smart original ideas to do during College Game Day to show our distaste for Digger. Holding up newspapers and being silent while he talks has been done by fans before but you get what I mean. Or we could just conform, do nothing and act like good boys & girls.

23. the anti cat
    2:32 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

How about you guys do the state and the nation a favor and drag digger through the streets of lexington during the pre-game intros. America would applaud you.

24. Suffo-Cats
    3:15 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

I say we all dress in gold and black and then act a fool. That way we get Digger and make Vandy or Mizzou look like they are the buttheads! GENIUS

25. Suffo-Cats
    3:17 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

Or we could just beat Mizzou by 30 and show them that this will not be a rivalry but merely another SEC whipping boy to ready us for national glory

26. stan
    4:46 pm August 8, 2012 Permalink

Chigger Phelps fired the first shot in this war. I don’t care what KSR or anybody else says, this is our chance to let him see how we feel about his stupid old ass.I agree with you #22, UK, Cal and KSR will tell us to show “class”. This should fall on deaf ears, I plan on letting him know how I feel about his comments.