Cobb’s NFL announcement press conference

If you didn’t get to see it, here is video of Randall Cobb announcing his intentions to enter the NFL Draft. He’ll be missed, but if he’s really a third-round prospect, someone in the league will be getting a steal in April. Goodbye to The Legend.

Article written by Hunter Campbell

I used to write here.

21 Comments for Cobb’s NFL announcement press conference

1. billy
    5:06 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

I think Cobb is doing the right thing. He could get a knee busted and no money. Go get the money now Cobb.

2. billy
    5:07 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

I’m a Ram fan and sure wish they would get him to run back kicks if nothing else.

3. Best of luck, Randall! It was truly incredible watching an athlete like you wearing the Blue & White. I never thought we’d see anyone as good as you are on our football field.

4. Blue Virus
    5:12 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

Really surprised at the decision. Wish him well. Wish he were back though

5. Big D
    5:38 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

Someone will give him a chance. I wish him luck.

6. The Fan
    5:38 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

Cobb is all heart! Is what a true football player is. I hope my Patriots draft him, he would be awesome with Welker and Woodhead. I’m sure he will do great on any team.

7. Cat89
    5:43 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

Wow! What a fine man. How can you not pull for a guy like Randall? Congratulations! Best of luck you’ll be great.

8. RidgeRunner
    5:45 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

Hate to see the guy go and wish him the best.

However…I guess it’s just me but this whole “Cobb Going Pro” story is so old. Hear me out…I thought he was going when he entered this season and the swan-song was 2010 for one thing. Then, all we see is post after post not just in here but other places and hell, what all can you say? Sorry…but my true thoughts.

9. BPsycho
    5:50 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

For the record: Christopher Johns and Hunter Campbell I think your post are great. You’re just up against some “epic” writers lol

10. elstie01
    6:04 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

Does anyone care about UK football at this point? Why does any of this matter? Season is over and next year is going to be at best, 4-8. I’m one of those few people who actually prefer football over basketball in KY, but seriously, forget about it. It’s over.

11. CatFanStuckInIN
    6:40 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

Gonna’ miss this guy! Anybody remember the picture of Cobb on the sidelines after a tough loss… (Can’t remember the game), but he sat around for several minutes with a look of agony on his face. This guy is all guts and heart. Team guy for sure.

12. UK11087
    6:49 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

11. I think it was the 08 Georgia game were he threw the pick at the end of the game on the screen play.

13. Rob Bromley
    7:26 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

What the hell is up with Bozich’s hair in the C-J intro to the video?

14. BigBlueOne
    7:52 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

Perfect end to a crappy week. Last Friday… No Enes. Saturday… football L, basketball L, and two wildcard L’s. Sunday… one wildcard L. Now… no more Cobb.

Good Luck 18

15. ShagOnSports
    8:19 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

#10, I do… Love football better than basketball… Good Luck Cobb!!!

16. thats budda
    10:21 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

Randall and Antwan Randle El were the two most exciting players I have ever seen live. Thank you for all the excellence and excitement. I stayed for the Arkansas game and was at Auburn. You exemplify a quality person and athlete. And for the football haters, bite me, if there was a basketball player of his ability and character he would be worshipped. Patrick Patterson is a similar comparison.

17. Jane
    10:24 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

We all know that Randall Cobb is incredibly talented on the football field. It is so nice to hear how incredibly articulate he is as well. Best of luck, Mr. Cobb. I wish you all the success in the world. You represent the finest of the University. Well done.

18. Johnny Cade
    10:50 pm January 13, 2011 Permalink

I really heart Randall Cobb.
    Stay gold, Ponyboy…stay gold.

19. uk9698
    12:30 am January 14, 2011 Permalink

Thank God Good Luck and Thanks for coming to UK. He’d be crazy to come back.

20. UKtired
    6:01 am January 14, 2011 Permalink

You and Locke are the reason we drove 180 round trip to Commonwealth. It was a pleasure and we wish you nuthin’ but the best. Go get ’em!

21. BGrassKY
    9:01 am January 14, 2011 Permalink

Wow! I was moved by what he had to say in this video. What a great kid. Kentucky football should feel privileged to have had him for 3. I agree with Hunter that he would be a 3rd round steal. He will have an impact in the next level…. no doubt about it.