Coach Cal would like to thank you

calipari18

Don’t worry, friends, Coach Cal is back on U.S. soil and eager to get back to work with his team at Kentucky. Over on his website, Calipari thanked the fans for supporting the Dominican Republic team and he assured us that he didn’t miss a beat while he was away. Here’s a little bit from his ‘Special Thanks To BBN‘ on CoachCal.com:

Now, what will I be doing now that this over? For the next six or seven days, I will be in homes and in schools of the recruits we’re involved with. I’ll be in Lexington for one day this week but I’ll be back on the road recruiting that night.

Even though I’ve been in South America for the last few days during the contact period, I did three home visits from the speakerphone. Obviously, it’s not as effective as sitting face to face, but I wanted those young people to know that even though I was coaching a national team, they were on the forefront of my mind.

We will have individual skill instruction sessions Wednesday, which I’ve been thinking about for two weeks. I can’t wait to get back at it with this team that I’ll be coaching. I miss those guys, and they know that. I’ve texted and talked to them all.

So quit fretting about Coach Cal’s absence from the program. He was still recruiting hard from Argentina and he is going to hit it even harder this week.

Welcome home, Coach. We’ve missed you.

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for Coach Cal would like to thank you

1. Don
    1:05 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

2. AaronJ
    1:10 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

I’m sure talking to Coach Cal on a speaker phone is what recruits really wanted for their UK home visit…

3. kyrobman
    1:15 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Yeah @1 Danny is getting owned on that poll right now BBN needs to step up and get him in the mix.

4. AaronJ
    1:17 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

I’m sure that’s what recruits want is to talk with Coach Cal on a speaker phone for in home visit.

5. pioneer
    1:19 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Say what you will, but Cal has got it figured out! Dude is a monster recruiter. These next few weeks leading into madness will be crucial for our 2012 class. Lets hope we can get a couple kids to pull the trigger in the fall! History however, tells me most of Cal’s list will wait it out and see where the chips fall through the season. With the potential of having 5+ scholarships available after this season, I can’t seem to find a reason why UK wouldn’t be appealing to a young man who wants to showcase his talents in front of a fanatical fanbase, all the while gaining the national exposure that he so deserves! Here’s to you Cal! Let’s hang #8 this year!

6. EnglishTeacher
    1:21 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

4. Maybe if you post that again 3 or 4 more times we will finally understand what a complete moron you are.

7. bluesince66
    1:22 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

You’re right AaronJ wouldn’t impress me at all if one of the biggest coaches out there took time away from coaching in Argentina to call me and see how things were going. Good Lord.

8. Catsantonio
    1:24 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Tubby and Billy Clyde didn’t recruit this hard for even one day on the job.

9. Ruppsfault
    1:37 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Sign em up Cal

10. ColoradoWildCat
    1:42 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Hey AaronJ…you need to learn to read between-the-lines when Coach Cal is speaking. He did NOT say that he would not be in these homes at a later time, did he?

He was only showing some love from out of the country, and just keeping in touch with them.

Sure hope that you are not married, because if you are, and your wife is not as negative as you, life for her is a bitch.

Calm down…Question: Can ANY UK program EVER do ANYTHING good, in your HUMBLE opinion?

11. SexnNursinHomes
    1:42 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

4- a speaker phone call with Cal is worth 3 face to face visits from roy and k.

12. Mack
    1:54 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

I’m glad he beat the Puerto Ricians(sp)after reading some of their negative comments about Coach Calipari from the articles on the FIBA web site; you would almost think they were loserville fans.

13. Lycanthrope
    1:57 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Hey SexnNursinHomes, I’ve always enjoyed your comments as filthy as they sometimes are, but you lost me in an earlier post stating that the vampires in the Twilight movies were gay. They are not. Yes, I enjoy the Twilight movies because I have the hots for Kristen Stewart. In fact I met her lookalike last weekend at a bar and took her home. She left her panties on my bed when she went home. Retract the gay vampire statement please and everything will be cool.

14. lexslamman
    2:03 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

The fact of the matter is that players who are from the Caribbean and South and Central America or are descended from people from that area are becoming dominant in basketball right now. Even if you DON’T like that Calipari was away from Lexington to coach the Dominican team, it was still great for UK and Coach Cal from a marketing perspective.

15. tom
    2:07 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

13. Did you Kristen in the 2007 film “Into the Wild”? She played a 14 or 15 year old, although she was barely at the time. Was darling. Even sang in the moview if you haven’t seen it.

16. SexnNursinHomes
    2:10 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

13- I love vampires, but not the Twilight ones. We can’t have our vampires looking like they do a drag show at some place called “Miss Betsy’s” However, I am a werewolf guy, and if werewolves could just eat all the vampires then I would be really happy. so if it will make your day. Team Jacob and Team Edward are totally totally straight.

17. Mrs. Schwump
    2:11 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

15) Nope, never saw it but will look for it.

18. anonymous
    2:29 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

cal will get a commitment in the next 6 or 7 days. mark it down.

19. Holden McGroin
    3:32 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

2 and 4, (yeah we heard you the first time). Doofus comment. What kid wouldn’t be thrilled Cal took the time to call him? Go back to the ville site.

20. BrucePearlsTearDrop
    3:49 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Hackney delivers to the Dominican.

21. Holden McGroin