Cleveland will take Alex Len, says SheridanHoops.com

This is the “I have to live in Cleveland?” face

According to SheridanHoops.com, the Cleveland Cavaliers will draft Alex Len with the No. 1 overall pick in tonight’s draft. Sources told the website that, barring a trade, Len will become a Cavalier.

The Orlando Magic will then draft Nerlens Noel, says Sheridan Hoops, and trade him away to another team. Oklahoma City is a possibile destination for Nerlens in a deal with Orlando, which would be awesome.

Believe it if you want. Read it here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

36 Comments for Cleveland will take Alex Len, says SheridanHoops.com

1. asdf
    1:42 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Ending up at OKC would be WAAAAAY better than being stuck in Cleveland. And he could play for a contender right away!

2. Musehobo
    1:47 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Though I, selfishly for UK reasons, want him to go first, OKC would be a great place for a top pick to go. Most of these guys feel the pressure early to be the go-to guy. Nerlens would be on a winning team, with no pressure to rehab any quicker.

3. Mike
    1:47 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

what an effing joke. There’s a reason Cleveland is a perennial lottery team.. and it ain’t all on Lebron.

4. rainman
    1:48 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

I foresee a trivia question in the future!
    Can NOT believe anyone would choose Lin first!

5. I Say
    1:48 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

As bad as I want to see Nerlens go first, this would be great. The Thunder dont really need a big man that can score. They just need a good defensive presence, rebounder, and big man who can run the floor. Sounds like a fit to me

6. Susan
    1:49 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Plus DeAndre Liggins and Daniel Orton are already at OKC. This could hurt Orton though.

7. I Say
    1:50 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Alex Len = Marcin Gortat

8. asdf
    1:51 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

5, Noel would be a perfect fit for them! As good a fit as when Tayshaun ended up in Detroit when all they needed was a lock-down defender and a complementary scorer to complete their Championship team.

9. dougm68
    1:51 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

“thank God!”

-Nerlens Noel

10. whodat
    1:55 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

absolute best arrangment for NN for the long term… congrats to Nerlens

11. Big Blue Coming At You
    1:57 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

While I want Noel to get the most money possible, it’s best he not end up in a sh!thole like Cleveland.

12. Dontbelieveit
    2:00 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

dont believe anything from sheridan-hoops, he’s the only one reporting this! KSR, I love you guys but you need to learn to bypass anything sheridan-poops.com related.

13. asdf
    2:02 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Maybe Nerlens can go # 1 and Cleveland can trade him to OKC themselves. That would be the smart thing for Cleveland to do, instead of ending up with nothing for the # 1 pick.

14. Korean Tacos
    2:06 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

I think when you have the chance to draft a guy with an injury that tends to be continuous throughout career (cough, cough, ankle) over a guy who has an injury that guys come back from…you do it

15. BIG BLUE BG
    2:08 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

If this is the case and Orlando does trade him then I hope the Cavs whiff with Lin and NN ends up in OKC!!!

16. Lamont
    2:08 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Great point Drew. Not everyone can live in a toxic waste dump like you

17. Lamont
    2:10 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Len NIT
    Noel Bubble Team before injury

18. CVFutrell
    2:11 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

This is the same site that reported MKG being offered up for trade, which was pretty quickly refuted by most notable and connected NBA gurus. I’m taking everything Sheridan says with a huge grain of salt.

19. Biglaw Dawgin'
    2:16 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Yes! Not that I don’t want Nerlens to go #1, I really would like that for him, but selfishly it means I don’t have to root for Cleveland. I’m sure Nerlens will be much happier in Orlando than Cleveland anyway. Although it would’ve been cool to have 3 #1 picks in the last 4 years, I think this is for the best. OKC would just be crazy.

20. BBDude
    2:18 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

This is the face that says, “I’m about to take a load on the face from BBN.”

21. hell cat
    2:19 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Isn’t this the guy that wrote about Michael Kidd-GILCREST? If so, I wouldn’t worry too much about the accuracy of his claims.

22. Biglaw Dawgin'
    2:19 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

By the way, the #2 pick will make about $400k less than #1. Not chump change, but not life-changing for him either. At #2, He’ll be making $4.5M next year instead of $4.9.

23. Han
    2:55 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

That would be a huge mistake for Cleveland, but great for Nerlens if it happened. Being able to rehab and then play alongside Durant, Westbrook, etc. would be amazing. I doubt it happens, though, as guys ranked/taken as high rarely end up on contenders that quickly.

24. Nerlens
    3:04 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

This is a completely BOGUS WEBSITE. They completely fabricated the MKG story the other day and are now trying to act like they have sources when almost every reliable media outlet has discredited Sheridan for a long time.

Sheridan predicting this is just that….a prediction. It is no different than someone posting on a message board because they don’t have any real sources either.

25. Judge Schmales
    3:12 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Was this picture taken from the County Jail in his jump suit ?

26. tru $
    3:17 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

How much additional money would NN make with OKC on a deep playoff run. The final dollars may work out in his favor.

27. Spectrum
    3:24 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

@25 – I would never invest money in ballplayers who wear orange by choice.

28. bluegrassstu
    3:31 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

With Lebron going back to Cleveland after next year, Nerlin would be a great choice.

29. eh
    3:41 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Worst draft EVER! Seriously, no one knew about Alex Len before UK played them last season.

30. ClevelandRocks-NOT
    3:54 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Sorry..strike that.. not sorry.. I can never forgive what Cleveland did to Tim Couch. I hope Nerlens signs with a team that’s good. OKC sounds like a nice place. ClevelandSucks, with or without Nerlens.

31. df
    3:55 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

I hope they do. I hope Noel drops to about 5-6 and gets on a better team than Crap Cleveland.

32. idontflinch
    4:20 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Remember the last time a Kentucky player got drafted #1 overall by a team from Cleveland? He went on the play behind the worst offensive line in the history of pro football causing his career to be shortened by injuries thus be (wrongly) regarded as one of the biggest busts in the history of the NFL. I realize this isn’t the NFL, but there are worse things than not being drafted #1 by Cleveland IMO. Like some other people have already said, the longer Noel goes the better his chances are of getting drafted by a better team. Although, for pride’s sake I still kinda hope he does get drafted #1.

Speaking of being picked #1, every year in every draft in every sport we hear how teams are gonna do this and not do that. It’s all smoke and mirrors because they don’t want to show their hand and keep everyone guessing. I bet Cleveland does pick Noel #1. Len is supposed to have a much more polished offensive game than Noel when he averaged 1.4 more ppg? (Len 11.9 – Noel 10.5) I’m not buying that. That isn’t much of a difference if you ask me and definitely shouldn’t be considered much “more polished.” A little more polished? Probably, but not THAT big of a difference. On the flip side, Noel’s defense IS much more polished as evidenced by his number of blocks (4.4 compared to 2.1), steals (2.1 compared to 0.2) and rebounds (9.5 compared to 7.8). To be fair, Noel did play more minutes per game (31.9 to 26.4), but saying Len’s offense is THAT much better than Noel’s is not accurate. As a matter of fact, Noel averaged more assists than Len (1.6 to 1.0). If anyone’s game is much better than the other it is Noel’s D over Len’s. Mark it down, Noel will be #1. It is all smoke and mirrors right now.

33. idontflinch
    4:29 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

BTW, drawing any kind of conclusion from Noel’s head-to-head matchup against Len is crazy. It was Noel’s very first collegiate game compared to Len’s 35th or 40th. That one year of experience is HUGE. Heck, 10 games worth of experience would have made a big difference for Noel. BBN was fortunate enough to see how much he improved practically every game that he played.

34. Nerlens
    5:14 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

29 – People knew about Len. He was already a projected lottery pick last summer before his matchup against Noel. His stock has definitely gone up though. He has gone from being a late lottery to guaranteed Top 5 selection.

35. lol
    5:46 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

For clarity’s sake, Sheridan was the same guy that relayed the obviously bogus MKG trade rumor.

36. Not Buying It
    6:11 pm June 27, 2013 Permalink

Sheridan & Cleveland are both full of sh!t, but I hope it turns out like this says. That would be a hell of a lot better for Noel.