Christina Hendricks’ Friday News and Views

christina-hendricks-435

Okay, you can wipe the drool off your face.

The woman in the picture above needs no introduction, but I’ll give her one anyways. She’s Christina Hendricks, one of the stars of AMC’s “Mad Men.” Hendricks plays Joan, the head secretary turned (spoiler alert!) partner, and is pretty much one of the only things that keeps Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce running. Since donning the pen necklace in 2007, Hendricks has become famous for her voluptuous figure, which totally flies against the Hollywood norm. She is living proof that you don’t have to be stick thin to be beautiful, and dangerous curves aside, Hendricks is a damn fine actress. To me, she’s the female Jon Hamm: men want her and women want to be her. Every Sunday night, I’m tempted to dye my hair red and put on a pencil skirt (ironically enough, Hendricks is actually a natural blonde).

Hendricks’ attitude towards her body is downright refreshing. She hates the term “full-figured,” and when she went to Italy to model for the first time, gained 15 pounds. While this would bring on a full-fledged meltdown for most women and would be career suicides for many models, Hendricks laughed it off, saying she “felt gorgeous”: “I would take my clothes off in front of the mirror and be like, Oh, I look like a woman. And I felt beautiful, and I never tried to lose it, ’cause I loved it.”

And we love you. Cheers to the one news and views honoree that both men and women can finally agree on. Happy birthday, Christina.

Some news and views before you go to bed…

The $EC Network is Here

Thursday was the formal launch of the SEC Network, a 24-hour network dedicated to SEC sports and programming. We’ve known about the network for a while, but on Thursday, it became official. John Calipari, Mark Stoops and Matthew Mitchell all came down for the event, which might as well have ended with the entire room rolling around in a money machine when you consider what it means for the league. The partnership between the SEC and ESPN was extended through 2034, and the network will rake in over $400 million per year in television revenue, or approximately $28.5 million per school. After the first year alone, athletic directors across the league will be lining up their bills like Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford in Burger King bragging about their stacks (how’s that for an old school KSR reference?). What does it mean for you? If your cable or satellite provider agrees to it (they will), you will see almost, if not all, of Kentucky’s basketball and football games. Slive said that the network will air 1,000 sporting events throughout the year (450 on the network and 550 digitally), including 45 football games (3 games a week for 13 straight weeks), 100 men’s basketball games, 60 women’s basketball games, and 75 baseball games. That’s a lot of sports. In addition, there will be studio shows, analysis, news, and original programming, such as the “SEC Storied” series.

If you live in one of the eleven SEC states and your cable/satellite provider agree to it, the SEC Network will be part of your basic programming, along with ESPN and ESPN2. If you live outside of that area, it will be part of the “sports tier package,” with channels like ESPNU. Interestingly, word broke on Thursday night that ESPN will own 100% of the SEC Network, which is contrary to prior reports that the SEC would own the majority (51%) share. Interesting…

In 2014, we will get the SEC Network and a college football playoff. That makes me just about as excited as Mark Stoops in this picture from Thursday’s “We’re rich b*tch!” celebrations:

BJRUKXqCIAAK9II.jpg_large

Drew Barker sets a date

On Thursday, we finally learned when the state’s top high school football player will announce his decision. Drew Barker will let the world know where he’s going to play college ball in a press conference at Conner High School on Friday, May 10th at 3:30 p.m.

In case you’ve forgotten, the 4-star Barker is the 141st best player in the 2014 class, and the 7th best pocket-passing QB in the nation. He’s got offers from a ton of major schools, including South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisville, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Kentucky. Since Ohio State offered three quarterbacks scholarships on Thursday, they’re no longer considered a threat, and many believe it is down to Kentucky and South Carolina for Barker’s services.

Neal Brown has made Barker a priority in 2014 recruitment, and if he decides to come home and “be a hero,” he will be the latest in a line of homegrown QBs to lead the Cats. Barker tweeted an invitation for everyone to attend, which the most diehard fans will read as sign the QB will choose his homestate school. Will next Friday be a Big Blue party in Hebron?

BJS_Ux9CUAA-foJ.jpg_large

Wiggins waiting is the hardest part

Note: If you don’t want to read anything more about Andrew Wiggins, just scroll on. Apologies for addressing the most talked about subject in Kentucky sports right now.

All that being said, no new news on Wiggins. Just message board rumors that continue to swirl in almost any school’s direction. If you ask Florida State fans, it’s been a “done deal” since Wiggins visited back in February. If you ask North Carolina fans, he’s committing tomorrow. Kansas fans? “Sources say” Jayhawk. Ask us? We know that logically, he should be a Cat, but realize that anything that comes from someone other than Andrew, his parents, or Rob Fulford is a rumor. Anything else is moot. The wait has reached the point of desperation that the national media is recycling stories about Wiggins to maintain fan interest. From everything we’ve heard, Wiggins will not go the route most other major recruits do these days; in lieu of a splashy press conference, he’ll likely tell someone who will then tweet it or leak it to the press on his behalf.

For now, just take comfort in that Wiggins or no Wiggins, we are going to be good. Very, very good.

Who was that at the end of Tweet Beat??

8843bc64b33a11e2a58222000a1fb810_7

At the end of Tweet Beat, I posted this picture and asked you guys which Kentucky sports figure it was. Pat yourself on the back if you guessed UK Hoops coach Matthew Mitchell. Looking good, coach!

Your Kentucky Oaks forecast…

Friday is Oaks Day, otherwise known as Kentucky’s day at the track. Going? The forecast looks good during the day at least, with highs in the mid-70’s. Enjoy the dry weather while it lasts. Saturday is going to be messier than Reese Witherspoon’s arrest video.

Friday’s show is one you won’t want to miss. Matt and Drew will be in-studio telling stories from Ferdinand’s Ball, which is always a good time. How good? Let this picture of Matt, Peyton Siva, and Drew be a teaser: siva-drew-matt

Did a pig just fly by my window?

68 Comments for Christina Hendricks’ Friday News and Views

1. Jon Hamm
    11:11 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Man, I can’t wait to hit that…..

2. Chachi
    11:13 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

L’s up! B*tches!

3. Wtf
    11:20 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Wow!!! Why?

4. WhatThe...
    11:20 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Are Drew and Siva dressed alike? Twins?

5. True Blue
    11:22 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

I’m surprised that Matt and Drew didn’t put their picture up of themselves in the golf cart.

6. Eric K
    11:23 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

To see how PROUD STOOPS is there, football can’t get here fast enough! BBN stop worrying about Wiggins…. WIGGINS WILL BE A WILDCAT!! GO CATS!!

7. Also...
    11:24 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

I know the trolls give you hits but I think we’ve officially jumped the shark w the stupid Ls. I’ve never understood why they do the backwards one.

8. Catndallas
    11:25 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Wth, Benedict Arnolds!

9. WV POWER
    11:29 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

WIGGINS BE REPPIN

10. Wow
    11:31 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

My gawd she is gorgeous!

11. BOSOX
    11:32 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

DAYUM IT!!! Peyton Siva I dislike Louisville as anyone but you seem like a good kid…. DREW BARKER COME ON DOWN AND BE APART OF BIG BLUE NATION!!!!!!

12. JACKRABBIT8
    11:38 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

Just heard that Peyton Siva is gonna be jockeying Ricky 3 pumps pony on Saturday. If he wins then Ricky is gonna get a tattoo of Sivas face on his lower back!!

13. Matt and Drew
    11:39 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

C—-A—-R—-D—-S—-CARDS

But …(insert excuse of why last season didn’t matter or was weak and an absurd statement of certainty towards #9 and 40-0 seasons putting unrealistic expectations on a team of kids no one liked much last year and kids no one has seen play together in NCAA competition)

14. ruppeat Offender
    11:53 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

WTF!?! You had me going with Christina. but then you slip in Matty Bowl Cut and Drunk Franklin throwing up their “L’s”? GTFO. This site has officially jumped the shark. I hope you bandwagon MFrs are proud of yourselves. I’m crestfallen. No, I’m effin done with you Card lovers. SunsaMFbitches.

15. Matt and Drew
    11:55 pm May 2, 2013 Permalink

IF you CAN’T BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM!!!!!!!! L-YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    GO C-A-R-D-S!!!!

16. Scott
    12:12 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

I have been following this show for a long time. Matt and Drew throwing up L’s and I know he will say Siva threw up 3 goggles and it’s all in good fun. However, the 3 goggles is not just a UK trademark. So I am not sure how low this show will sink to, but I jumping ship. There are a few other UK sites that are just as good and few sports radio stations to get my UK fix. Matt can go down the toilet with his friends slap nuts and the rest of tards. I am done.

17. Louisville1Cal4
    12:14 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Matt, found this earlier, thought you & your Wiggins to KU source would find it funny.

18. UK PHD Student
    12:17 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Post this Sundy Best song link again….There is nothing like home. Their video rocks. It reminds me of Kid Rock with his “Born Free” video on Youtube.

19. Smart Person
    12:17 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins prom is Saturday night. Will KSR be covering it?

20. cats
    12:20 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

19. No. but you obviously are. loser.

21. Jay
    12:22 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Relax folks, this is funny! Matt hates the uofl success as much as we all do. But Siva is gone why hate….we’ll get them next season. I find this in good humor personally.

22. PW
    12:30 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Is this why Siva left the parade early?

23. SeaCat
    12:40 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

TT great post!!!
    Odd though, that both men and women
    are sexually stimulated by beautiful women.
    Don’t worry, I will keep it a secret…

24. Matt Jones
    12:53 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Just got back from the party and it was a great time. Peyton Siva is a very nice young man and as good a kid as you are going to meet. If I am supposed to hate him solely because he played at Louisville, sorry I cant do that. I hate the Cards and want them to lose every game…but when Siva is introduced to me and says, “hey arent you that guy from Twitter. I read that site and I like it,” and then proceeds to talk for 10-15 minutes with us, I am not going to be a prick. When we decided to take a picture, I suggested he throw up the L and we would do the three goggles and then he suggested, “how bout I do the goggles and you do the L just to make everyone’s head explode.” So we did. Similarly, when I told Gorgui Dieng that we covered Kentucky, he said “oh really. I like them.” But I guess I should hate him as well.

#16 if that means you can’t read the site, then so be it…but I might suggest you lighten the heck up.

25. Quick Fiftino
    12:55 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

7, 8 seconds tops.

26. Quick Fiftino
    12:57 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Three of my favorite women: CH, TT, and Drew Franklin.

27. GoCats2
    1:03 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones, I pictured the exact scenario you described when i saw the picture. No issues with this except that even though this is your site I would avoid the comments section if I were you, it has become a good mood killer for me. Love all the posts and would come to this site daily even if there was no comments section at all. Just a liveblog every now and then when you can really screen the comments.

28. Cats
    1:16 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

I say yank wiggins offer a kid that thinks he’s that special to where he wait an fool around that long to make his decision f*** that we don’t need him he can go an be second best somewhere else

29. Laker Cat 18
    1:20 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

I’m writing a huge paper that decides my graduation in a week and I can’t stay off KSR. I think I may have some mental issues.

30. Bleed Blue
    2:08 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

@28 you do realize Wall didn’t commit till the 20th right? Should we have yanked his scholly also? Shut up and go somewhere else

31. Top QB to Recruit
    2:09 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Stoops better recruit the Sindelar kid from Caldwell County. Look up his YouTube video http://youtu.be/oHfg3TI_1l0. He is getting a lot of interest from other schools. Kid has a cannon and is only going to be a junior.

32. Top QB to Recruit
    2:13 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

http://youtu.be/2IhK0m3UrtQ this is a better link to his new video. Sorry the first one was when he was a freshman!!!!!

33. Newly Engaged :)
    2:22 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

I wanted to thank you ALL so much for such an entertaining show each and every day. I work at GE and it is the most boring thing to work on an assembly line and do the same motion 1,500 times a night, but you all get me through a good portion each and every night I’m there. While I can say I will NEVER throw an L up like you guys did with Siva (unless it’s placed directly in the middle of my forehead), I admire you for looking past the team rivalry and hanging with him and Gorgui, both of which I think are pretty upstanding young men.
    I have one question for you all….where do I eat in Lexington?? I’m from Louisville and a few of my people are coming down to the Sick Puppies show on sunday at Busters Billiards and would really like to have the best time possible. I would like to spend our time eating at some good grub spots and not just spending time going down the cookie list in the hotel room! There are still tix left for the show so if any of you are interested come on out, I’d love to see some good rock music with some fellow KY fans! I’m gonna try and get a photo with Sick Puppies and get them to do some three goggles! Love the work you guys do and thank you SO MUCH for any input you can give me.

34. Buckets
    2:43 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Must be a chick thing because I’ve never heard of her. She’s hot, though!

35. Carolina Blue is past tense for CAROLINA BLOWS
    3:35 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Matty–you have been doing this long enough to know not to get into a nerd fight in the comments section. No explanation needed. If you acted like most are suggesting you might as well change your name to Forde or Thameltoe.

As I have said before, relax on the Wiggins bashing. I would hold out as long as I could if I were him. Who wants to be under the NCAA rules and regulations? Hell, some of us like cream cheese on our bagels and would prefer to not question if it is okay.

With new agreement in place, this should start the ball rolling for each conference to give the NCAA the middle finger and start policing themselves. The added revenue will in some way be given back to the student athletes instead of funding ridiculous investigations. Glorious day to say the least.

36. Carolina Blue is past tense for CAROLINA BLOWS
    3:43 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

#33 Malone’s/Drake’s–real men order the steak and calamari. Others, a soup and salad.

Also, when at the show don’t forget to JUMP JUMP.

37. Newly Engaged :)
    3:57 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

@#36 No soup and salads for this guy and his crew. I’m wondering why Coach Porcini was in the midst of BBN anyways…
    Will absolutely JUMP JUMP at the show….won’t go as far as turning my clothes around. This band is from Australia and I’ve gotta let them see the UK gear I will be wearing!

38. jetblue
    4:18 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Christina Hendricks is a REAL woman all the way. Beautiful.

39. FLASHY
    5:45 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Nice work, real nice.

That Schrute dude that rights about UK’s bball schedule is an idiot.

#K1D2 – Kentucky 1st; D-league 2nd.

40. Walkersgoggles
    6:37 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Should have had Siva do the John Wall thingy ….

41. kadizkat
    6:39 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

#31, One site showed that he has an offer from UK, why not ask him. I live in Trigg an don’t know him or his family, maybe you do.

42. SexnNursinHomes
    7:21 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

36- Damn right. 75 ounces of pure American beef.

Oh.

That Christina Hedricks has some big tits. Carry on….

43. Laughable
    7:42 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Latest rumor being posted to the UNC Rivals site is that UK and FSU have both been told they are out of consideration for AW. This is from the same site that predicted AW was going to commit to UNC last week.

44. SexnNursinHomes
    8:11 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

43- Guess Cal will come out today with his finalized roster for next season since Wiggins has officially started notifying schools of his decisions. unc sounds like us back in the Tubby days.

45. Will
    8:14 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

I know Drew could make a fun photoshop of this…

46. Terry Blue
    8:14 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Come be a hero, Drew!

47. bigbluetrue
    8:14 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Get a life to those middle school students bashing Matt for having some good natured fun with Peyton Siva. I am a pretty well known business person in Louisville who is also known as an outspoken supporter of BBN and have been referred as “one of the biggest Cat fans I know” by Tony Vanetti. I have ZERO problem with what Matt did and if you want to stop reading this site because of it….then don’t let the door hit your butt on the way out!

48. I have such a crush on Hendricks
    8:26 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Wow, she is what all men should want in a woman. Curves, in all the right places. Gorgeous.

49. barn
    8:34 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

‘head secretary’ hahah

50. RahRah
    8:37 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

I love that Matt’s L is backwards.

51. football school
    8:43 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Did Siva and Franklin go shopping together for their shirts? I think it’s funny. I’m loving all the life-and-deathers freaking out. Go Big Blue

52. Michael
    8:55 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

I hope ladies like Hendricks and Kate Upton become the norm standard of beauty. Anorexia+heroine do not = attractive.

53. c-ya
    9:04 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

L no… done.

54. Rixter
    9:16 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

# 7, they do the backwards ‘L’ (backwards to the camera) so they can read it.

55. TAXman
    9:30 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Christina Hendricks is beautiful. She was on that show “Firefly” for a couple episodes as a natural blonde, and i will say that the red hair definitely suits her better. She’s smoking hot in “Mad Men”. I’m glad other men can appreciate someone who isn’t 100 lbs soaking wet as well. Carry on.

56. Carolina Blue is past tense for CAROLINA BLOWS
    9:31 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Normally don’t go for the red heads but my 3 inches of dangling fury would give her the 30 seconds of hell she deserves. That would make me twice the as Ricky, right?

57. No Way
    9:36 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Forward or backward I would NEVER throw that gang sign. If I did, I would drop the index finger and thumb!

58. adolph oliver bush
    9:36 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Awwww gross!!!!! A Ginger, sick!

59. jaxcats8503
    9:43 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Mrs. TT, thank you for dedicating tonight’s post to Christina! BEAUTIFUL!!

60. RealCatsFan
    10:06 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

Daaa-uuummm, now THAT’s a real woman! I have a thing for redheads as it is, but Christina is off the scale. I was all worked up about the cuffs matching the collar, and then TT had to burst my bubble saying she is a natural blonde. Oh well, no worries!

61. SeoulCat
    10:09 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

I just googled Christina Hendricks, and wowza; she’s gorgeous.

62. SexnNursinHomes
    10:14 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

61- google her titty cleavage and you’ll be even more wowzered.

63. catlanta31
    10:47 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

MATT JONES, until you make people register to be able to comment, then you will get hammered by the unknown posters. Its your call to make.

64. RealCatsFan
    10:55 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

62 – you know, she is built a whole lot like Mrs. RealCatsFan. And yes, I realize that I am a very lucky guy – don’t really deserve her either, but please don’t tell her. 🙂

65. SexnNursinHomes
    11:11 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

64- Well, sounds like you got your own personal “mad man” going on in your living room. Cheer’s for you earning an Emmy!!!!!

66. harry
    11:17 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

i dont care what anyone says, this is awesome!!

67. dave
    11:42 am May 3, 2013 Permalink

This guy is MARRIED to Christina Hendricks. It is crazy

68. Top QB to Recruit
    3:45 pm May 3, 2013 Permalink

@kadizkat I know some people from princeton who told me I had to watch this kid so I saw him in the state championship. If UK get him it will be the best QB since Tim couch. That is regardless of barker coming. Found out he is being recruited by LSU & Michigan. Kid has a ton of upside added to his ridiculous talent.